watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stupid question

Started by OHfulhamfan, December 30, 2013, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHfulhamfan

If Fulham get relegated what will happen to all the U21 and U18 players. Will they sell off the current first teamers and move them in to the first team?

Jamie88

I would hope very very much that they would stick around and the better ones get a chance with the first team squad. If we want to keep players such as Dembele, Tankovic, Roberts, David ect. then we'd have to at least give them first team experience.

David Allen Crankshaw

The biggest problem if we are relegated is that as a Championship side we are unlikely to attract the better youngsters. Our priority is to stay in this division and perhaps our young stars will get a chance next time around.

OHfulhamfan

I follow the U21 and U18 match reports, and watched the U18's on TV when they played in Dallas last year. I remember thinking, "why can't the first team play like this?" It would be hard but not impossible to watch matches in the States if we get relegated, but that is a very good group of young players so it would be enjoyable if they stick around and win us promotion.

epsomraver

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on December 30, 2013, 06:10:50 PM
The biggest problem if we are relegated is that as a Championship side we are unlikely to attract the better youngsters. Our priority is to stay in this division and perhaps our young stars will get a chance next time around.

Reading have a great academy so that is not true, Spurs u21,s are poor so it does not always depend on being in the top flight, youngsters have more chance of moving up in the lower teams.

K33NY

lower leagues = more attractive for youngsters to break through in theire career, and allso as epsom mentions, its not the league that decides where youngsters break through and get playtime, its the standars of the youth facilities, coaches etc, but for them to get a chance in 1st team, the manager needs to use them or loan them out to a club they can get playtime. And if we stay up or not I believe RM will use the youngsters more from next season, at least I hope so