watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A "schedule loss"

Started by Denver Fulham, December 29, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

That's what they call it in the NBA Stateside when one team is at a clear competitive disadvantage because of the league schedule (like teams that have to play in Denver at altitude on the second night of a back-to-back when the Nuggets didn't play the night before).

I don't really understand why this wasn't our home fixture after Hull played at home and we were away two days earlier. That was competitively unfair. It doesn't excuse the overall performance and the capitulation, but something to think about. I'm not going to throw Rene out with the bathwater of one bad performance. I actually feel pretty confident we'll beat West Ham on Wednesday.

Then we should basically tank the FA Cup match at Norwich. In a relegation fight with an old roster, we have zero need to be in a Cup competition. Play a weakened/reserve/youth side and have everyone we want healthy and ready for Sunderland on the 11th, which is also a must-win.

terryr

Im glad it wasn't a home fixture.
That would have made it even worse....the team rene picked was always going to be spanked.
Reality check for him.
Humbled and now realises that he hasn't go it sorted.
Positives from this?
We will NEVER see that side picked again.........
Onward and upward and spank Spam on New Year's Day