watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loans only in January.

Started by Wimbledon_White, December 30, 2013, 11:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

According to the Telegraph round-up of each club's transfer intentions in January, we will only be allowed loans. Indeed our budget is 'Loans only'.

Have a read yourself:
http://fw.to/SFIbyLV

If this is true then I fear we're doomed for the drop. I have never been convinced by Khan that he isn't here just to get the NFL London Franchise. If we fail to invest next month then I think we'll have real cause for concern about Khan's stewardship, intentions and motivations.

Also, what is the latest on the Riverside Stand? Anyone heard ANYTHING at all?

As much as we all love the man, MAF may have sold us down the river.

jarv

Rubbish assessment of Fulham whoever wrote this.
Much needed, midfield? They look fine recently, when the right players are out there. A whole new back 4 is needed. Goals against confirm this.

JBH

Wimbledon_White

I personally think we need an overhaul of the entire squad frankly.
Very few are worth keeping right now. Maybe I am being overly pessimistic I dunno.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: JBH on December 30, 2013, 12:06:53 PM
Load of Cock :028:

Maybe so but if loans are ALL we are allowed to get by Khan then I believe we should all be worried about the future of the club under him.  I fear we're going to starve under him.

Burt

Fulham

Budget
Loans only.

Who's in charge of signings?
The timing of Alan Curbishley's surprise appointment as technical director suggests he will be heavily involved in any recruitment next month. But chief executive Alistair Mackintosh will have already identified targets and made initial contact with clubs and agents.

What's their priority?
Central midfield. Fulham need to find some youth and energy in the centre of the park, where they have looked pedestrian at times this season. Clint Dempsey, a former favourite, has already returned to the club on a two-month loan from Seattle Sounders in the MLS. Meulensteen is a big fan of Ravel Morrison, but it is unlikely he will join Fulham.

Who could arrive
Jack Cork (Southampton, left)

Who could leave
Bryan Ruiz.

Pluto

Where has this information come from? What are the sources? Khan is the 4th wealthiest owner in the EPL, and has yet to spend a penny. I'm sure given our current situation he won't restrict us to more loan deals, none of which have worked for us so far. Mindnumbingly frustrating if this is true.

Burt

According to this article, the budgets are as follows:
- Arsenal: £50m
- Aston Villa: £3m
- Cardiff: £10m
- Chelsea: £50m
- Crystal Palace: £8m
- Everton: £10m
- Fulham: loans only
- Hull: £3m
- Liverpool: £30m
- Man City: £50m
- Man U: £100m
- Newcastle: £20m
- Norwich: £5m
- Southampton: £20m
- Stoke: £10m
- Sunderland: £10m
- Swansea: £10m
- Tottenham: £30m
- WBA: £0
- WHU: £5m

Max Headroom

Lets be honest, we are in the bottom 3, so until we win our next two home games, noone particularly good is likely to join us, and if they do it will be for QPR reasons.

Have faith people..... things will be OK.

Bassey the warrior

We'll have to hope they're wrong.

valdeingruo

Now everyone is allowed their own two cents and being that it is about to be the window again, journos quite simply have to fill the pages and or get page views from their website.

This simply sounds of lazy journalism, and if it is the case that we only will deal in loans, then I will be the first to admit that I am wrong. To me, we already have two, and unless we are going to go to multiple leagues and get a player from each, then I just cant see it. My view is that a journalist saw that we have been loaning a fairly large number of players (to me 2-3 players to play FOR a top flight club is alot) and just assumed that would be the case. It surely wont be likely we will get another English based player as their are stipulations and rules that govern this.

It is my personal belief that given the high amount of player contract ending and age, the next two years we will see a high amount of turn over in playing staff, with some of our promising youngsters coming up and getting blooded and newer players being brought in.

As for Mr. Khan, I am yet to judge. Yes, he does own a NFL team and they do play in London every so often. However, until I see a statement from the club I wont believe it. For me, I cant see MAF selling to a man whose sole intent is to use Fulham for the ground works of a London based NFL team. Khan has enough money to do that WITHOUT Fulham, and if you think about it, if this were his sole intention, why would he spend 200 million when he could place these monies elsewhere. Once again my opinions.

This window will be huge to see what direction Khan wants Fulham to go, moderate to heavy investment means he wants Fulham to be sucessful this season. Loans to small investment, maybe he is waiting for the summer window. No investment, I may start biting at the " only NFL" stuff.

As an aside, its rubbish to think that Khan doesnt know about relegation, it takes five minutes to explain this concept to a new student of the English game. I wasnt aiming that at anyone in particular.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Lighthouse

Yes the point is this window will tell us what are new owner is all about. Our MD tooks too long to move Jol out. But we will see how much we want to to stay in the Prem by our business in this window. Nobody is talking about a January overhaul but we need investment. My only hope that the article in the Telegraph has no foundation is that midfielders will be third on the list of priority behind defenders and forwards.

We shall see if the club and the fans have been sold down the river.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wimbledon_White

It won't surprise me at all if we get minimal investment this window and the same in the summer if we stay up.

As I said I reckon Khan will want us to feed off scraps only. After all, "sustainability" is the order of the day.

I don't trust the man as far as I can throw him.

JBH

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 12:08:32 PM
Quote from: JBH on December 30, 2013, 12:06:53 PM
Load of Cock :028:

Maybe so but if loans are ALL we are allowed to get by Khan then I believe we should all be worried about the future of the club under him.  I fear we're going to starve under him.

In thats all we are allowed then only one more player can come in and Khan has lied to Rene who said that he will be backed by the owner in the window,

Oh but sorry it must be true because its in the Press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

JBH

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 12:39:06 PM
It won't surprise me at all if we get minimal investment this window and the same in the summer if we stay up.

As I said I reckon Khan will want us to feed off scraps only. After all, "sustainability" is the order of the day.

Have you met him and discussed his plans for the club then??

Craven Mad

I can't see Rene getting our hopes up by regularly talking about signings, knowing there won't be any..

I don't trust this assessment, and can't see a new owner in Kahn throwing our chances of survival (and the prem money!) by not spending a penny. £10-15m HAS to be spent.

I know West Brom have mentioned not getting any money though, so there's a real opportunity to improve and drag them deeper into the mess..

MOR :

Maybe it's loans only until we sell some current Fulham players or off load them from the wage bill...

We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully business will be done in early January.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: JBH on December 30, 2013, 12:46:49 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 30, 2013, 12:39:06 PM

Have you met him and discussed his plans for the club then??

No, smart arse, of course not.
I am just expressing my concerns. I don't buy into him at all.

Craven Mad

Quote from: MOR : on December 30, 2013, 01:03:15 PM
Maybe it's loans only until we sell some current Fulham players or off load them from the wage bill...

We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully business will be done in early January.

Agreed, getting it done ASAP is important.

Bassey the warrior

Ultimately we can only wait and see can't we. None of us know what Khan's intentions are, that goes for the optimists as well as the pessimists. I'm sure he's not happy with losing 6-0 to Hull City, he will have been told they aren't a big club, and I hope aware of the financial risk of getting relegated. The hope would be that he's also aware that the only way to rectify the situation is to improve the squad with quality players and that could mean spending big money.