News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS... Any you care to share with us?

Started by Burt, December 31, 2013, 03:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

As we approach the new year, it is the time to start thinking of what, if anything, you will be changing from the new year onwards.

Just as a slight diversion from the January transfer window / Hull / the importance of the next two games etc, I thought it would be good if we all sat around in a group therapy type circle and share what resolutions we will be making for the new year, if any.

:group hug:

Rather boringly, I will be cutting the booze, as I get closer to the dreaded 50 I find that my body is getting increasingly intolerant of alcohol.

082.gif

GloucesterWhite

Went for a pee the other day, lifted the seat and there was a bloody great spider clinging to the under side of the seat. Got to thinking what might have happened if I had sat on the seat and the spider appeared - could have been messy! So my New Year's resolution is to always lift the seat before sitting on the thing. :)

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Was playing football and smoking 10 years ago, quit both and am now 5st heavier. Very nearly hit 16st for the first time at the end of this year. Have to sort that out so Increasing the cardio and cutting back on the sh1te. 

Will also be back in the UK in June to live with my son and wife after spending 10 years away working. First point of call, get some season tickets and make them endure the same no choice torture my dad dragged me through . Championship or Premiership, tomorrows result and the players mindset after will have a big say towards that I think

That should do it for this year.

In any case, just about new year here now where I am, so best wishes to all.   :Happy New Year:

filham

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on December 31, 2013, 03:57:43 PM
Went for a pee the other day, lifted the seat and there was a bloody great spider clinging to the under side of the seat. Got to thinking what might have happened if I had sat on the seat and the spider appeared - could have been messy! So my New Year's resolution is to always lift the seat before sitting on the thing. :)

Try putting a Horse Chestnut on the floor in the corner of every room and you will find that spiders will not invade your home, it's not a joke, it really works.

SP

I was going to sort out my various piles of clothing with a view to retiring some of my older rags.  Unfortunately, the other half decided to carry out her own cull last night & bagged 5 bin liners full.  Fortunately, & despite her protestations, I was able to retrieve my old Fulham shirts.  Her dismay at seeing the yellow Demon shirt return to its draw was touching.

somerset cockernee

Quote from: SP on December 31, 2013, 05:17:23 PM
I was going to sort out my various piles of clothing with a view to retiring some of my older rags.  Unfortunately, the other half decided to carry out her own cull last night & bagged 5 bin liners full.  Fortunately, & despite her protestations, I was able to retrieve my old Fulham shirts.  Her dismay at seeing the yellow Demon shirt return to its draw was touching.

similar situation re Fulham stuff...the kids (three daughters) struggle for Christmas, fathers day, birthday etc. presents so I get loads of Fulham related stuff.......whilst at work a couple of weeks ago, Mrs Somerset Cockernee thinks it would be a good idea to put it in the loft...THE LOFT...no less...have a word with yourself!   anyway it's all back where it belongs now, so all is good in the world

Deanothefulhamfan

5 personal goals for me in 2014

1) Take my learning of Mandarin more seriously
2) Win a four figure sum playing online poker
3 ) Visit 5 new countries
4) Donate / raise £1200 for a charity of my choice
5) Get to a Fulham game

Burt

I am pleased to say that my resolution has not been broken yet  :dft011:

OdecaMynoT

Try putting a Horse Chestnut on the floor in the corner of every room and you will find that spiders will not invade your home, it's not a joke, it really works.
[/quote]

As in conkers?

Halve the amount of bog paper I use. I've wasted enough of them chucking rolls on at the start of a match. That was a while ago now;Honest.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Berserker

But if you don't have Spiders won't you have loads of flies and other insects
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.