more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell and Parker

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 01, 2014, 08:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Sidwell and Parker today were phenomenal in my opinion
They dictated play throughout and were rarely dispossessed or shrugged of the ball. Sidwell was a rock in the air with the long balls, rarely losing an aerial duel and Parker just dictated the speed of play and the intensity of the whites. Parker was a constant threat throughout and look at the stats, Sidwell is now our highest scorer.

RaySmith

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on January 01, 2014, 08:48:06 PM
Sidwell and Parker today were phenomenal in my opinion
They dictated play throughout and were rarely dispossessed or shrugged of the ball. Sidwell was a rock in the air with the long balls, rarely losing an aerial duel and Parker just dictated the speed of play and the intensity of the whites. Parker was a constant threat throughout and look at the stats, Sidwell is now our highest scorer.

:plus one:

Craven Mad

I liked how Parker was used as the higher player in this game. Sidwell often dropping into a back 3 with Amor and Senders, allowing Scott to go roaming. It worked very well.

Also, Parker's surprisingly nimble for his age, and repeatedly does a little spin around players - not skill, just rotating around the ball - but it ALWAYS works.

I love the pair of them, but sometimes worry that they're a bit linear, and unable to crack open a defence - unlike papa smurf used to.. I'd expect a more creative CM to be competing with them by the end of the month.

hovewhite

Glad they were there today,and backed up by every other fulham playert on the pitch.

JackyFulham90

I have always rated Parker he is a brilliant player, I have to admit I think Sidwell is okay but a bit average, but Sidwell was brilliant today & always pops up with key goals. I wasn't sure on there partnership but on the whole it actually works well

jj____

The heart and soul of this squad.  It was less than a year ago that I found myself super frustrated with Sidwell.  I wouldn't call it an attitude change, but something has clicked with the guy.  He looks comfortable and accountable this season so far.  As far as Parker he's an absolute workhorse.  The pair are the backbone of the team and the only spell of consistency.

nose

i agree about parker, since rene he has been a new man and at times seems like a one man team, it reminds me of when mullery returned here, at times his prescence was amazing too.
however sidwell is 100% full on and scores which are both admirable, but some of his passing is poorer than one would expect from a player with his obvious ability and if he can be helped to improve that it would be a very good thing.

Pluto

I'm a fan of this pair but boy does Sidwell's passing frustrate me at times. He's very much the engine of the team but unfortunately he really seems to struggle with even the simplest of balls. Appreciate that passing isn't really his role but still.

jj____

Good point Pluto.  Both of their passing can be a bit frustrating when you think of the Hull and Norwich games in particular.

Sgt Fulham

Despite his frustrating passing Sidwell has often been our unsung hero this season. Parker has been the sung (and deservedly so!) hero.

Deanothefulhamfan

Sidwell was fantastic yesterday and definitely mom imo.

Parker has been the best player this season. His commitment and passion is exactly what we need in the centre of midfield