News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Everyone else selling Berbatov apart from Fulham?

Started by Admin, January 02, 2014, 12:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Berbatov

I think the odds are 50/50 if there's any real interest from Arsenal. The reason I think it's a no no-brainer for Berbs is that, more than anything he wants to play. Had it not been for Bendtner to get injured and out "for weeks", I'd say Berba would rather stay. Giroud is a different kind of forward and Podolski... I can't figure.
The tempting part for Berbatov might be to play with Ozil
Again, we know there's interest, or so the journos say, but is there any real intention. Clubs inform themselves with many players contract situations. I know from someone connected with Barca and Berba that they indeed asked. But it means nothing other than only that

Admin, don't ban me. ;-) I would rather watch Berba every week, than not
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

YoungsBitter

The Club has a say in this. If they want Berba to stay they offer him a new long term contract - his current 2 year deal is up in the summer. However they may be keeping an eye on relegation and do not want to commit to £60k a week for further 3 years, which is probably what Berba wants. They could do 2 years and give him a relegation get out clause though...we will see. As they say actions speak louder than words. My hope is that he and Rene get on and wants to fight, however the money will do the talking and if we do not make an offer and Arsenal come in for him at large wedge you cannot blame him for going. I also do not think he suits Arsenal's transition game and he knows that Giroud will get the nod if fit so it comes down to can he play enough to be happy, does he accept 2ndary role over the main man role at Flum.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Fulham_Surrey

YoungsBitter, an excellent post.  Every side has pros/cons.  Depends what he prefers, regular football or not.

hovewhite

Of course we all believe everything we read in the newspapers don't we!

leonffc

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 02, 2014, 07:05:20 PM
I think the odds are 50/50 if there's any real interest from Arsenal. The reason I think it's a no no-brainer for Berbs is that, more than anything he wants to play. Had it not been for Bendtner to get injured and out "for weeks", I'd say Berba would rather stay. Giroud is a different kind of forward and Podolski... I can't figure.
Again, we know there's interest, or so the journos say, but is there any real intention. Clubs inform themselves with many players contract situations. I know from someone connected with Barca and Berba that they indeed asked. But it means nothing other than only that

Do we lose you to an Arsenal forum if he goes Count or are you here long term?

KP_FFC

looks like he's going arsenal, yaya sanogo just posted this

farfouille

Quote from: KP_FFC on January 02, 2014, 10:36:43 PM

Yes, but he removed it - it was posted for about 15 minutes. I guess Yaya was mislead or something.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

KP_FFC

Quote from: farfouille on January 02, 2014, 10:50:14 PM
Quote from: KP_FFC on January 02, 2014, 10:36:43 PM

Yes, but he removed it - it was posted for about 15 minutes. I guess Yaya was mislead or something.
OR arsenal made him remove it

Berserker

Quote from: KP_FFC on January 02, 2014, 11:03:55 PM
Quote from: farfouille on January 02, 2014, 10:50:14 PM
Quote from: KP_FFC on January 02, 2014, 10:36:43 PMlooks like he's going arsenal, yaya sanogo just posted this

OR arsenal made him remove it

I agree. Looks like he's off
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Andy S

Berba is on the way to make another killing in the transfer market at the end of the season should he leave on a free. If he leaves this month we make the killing.So why should he leave?.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: leonffc on January 02, 2014, 10:13:22 PM

I think this forum could do with a glory hunting "manu" fan. I won't change my avatar though :)
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

Can't you be on our forum Count, the man utd forum and whatever one Berbetov goes to? Forum registration is not mutually exclusive.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

leonffc

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 03, 2014, 01:45:12 AM
Quote from: leonffc on January 02, 2014, 10:13:22 PM

I think this forum could do with a glory hunting "manu" fan. I won't change my avatar though :)

Haha. Good stuff.

Just because some no mark player posts a pic of our player with the words "could fire Arsenal to the title" it means nothing. This is a reserve team player!! Liverpools official website posted pictures of Dempsey and he didn't end up there. 
Let's not forget that Arsenal have pretty much bought Shwarzer and Hangeland in the past. And they were nailed on for Gonzalo Higuain in the summer.

Berserker

I thought it was on Berber's facebook

- Martin Luther King Jr.

leonffc

Quote from: Berserker on January 03, 2014, 10:05:19 AM
I thought it was on Berber's facebook

I think it was on a FB page called Berbarotic.

Berserker

That's a bit of a strange name isn't it

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Luffy86

It's on his official Facebook page.... He gunuinely looked happy when scoring the other day, and I get the feeling he's happy playing for us.
However, it doesn't take much to turn a players head these days!!, I for one would truely be gutted if we was to sell him!!