watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FAO those who were out in Hamburg

Started by FSF, May 14, 2010, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSF

It's a shame that it was such a let-down, at least in terms of the result, but from what we saw around town it seems that everyone had a cracking time out in Hamburg.

For one of my last bits of work to do with the final, I'd appreciate if those of you who were out there could help me with a little bit of feedback. We had a team of volunteers up and down the Reeperbahn on Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday handing out copies of the FSF's fanzine 'Away Goals' and offering up such assistance as we could.

If you were out in Hamburg, I'd appreciate if you could let us know whether or not you picked up a copy of the fanzine, found one in one of the many bars or didn't see one/didn't take one. If any of you spoke to FSF volunteers handing stuff out, were we helpful/did we know what you wanted to know.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can see it at this link - http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/AwayGoals8-web.pdf

Anyway, any feedback on the fanzine, or our volunteers, or whether or not you saw us on the day would be good.

AlFayedsChequebook

I thought the Fanzine was excellent and the volunteers very helpful. I was approached on more than one occassion asking if I needed any help/a fanzine was great to see football fans looking out for each other.

Great work, keep it up!

LBNo11

...very much appreciate all your efforts and advice. We will miss your posts next year, but will need your advice for the champions league the year after.. :dft012:

:beer:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Chopper

Yep. Good to know you guys were out there.

The fanzine was cool, nice bit of memorabilia with decent content.

The info on the website was useful and got us pointed in the right direction. I would request adding a print option to your web pages as a straight print didn't get everything onto the paper and I ended up cutting and pasting into word.

Cheers for your support and hope we'll be seeing you more frequently in the future ;-)
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

bigalffc

Got handed fanzine as soon as I stepped off of the coach. People were helpful and the info excellent - it was very much appreciated. :045:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

FSF

Quote from: Chopper on May 14, 2010, 03:44:35 PM
Yep. Good to know you guys were out there.

The fanzine was cool, nice bit of memorabilia with decent content.

The info on the website was useful and got us pointed in the right direction. I would request adding a print option to your web pages as a straight print didn't get everything onto the paper and I ended up cutting and pasting into word.

Cheers for your support and hope we'll be seeing you more frequently in the future ;-)

Normally we stick a few pages of the fanzine up as a pdf in the days leading up to the final, but then normally we have more than one person trying to do everything and more than 6 working days in between finding out there's going to be a Fans' Embassy and it actually taking place, so I'm afraid it didn't go perfectly this time.

Still, I hope you get back into Europe next year, and glad you found it useful/entertaining. :)

ScalleysDad

I got my copy as I got off the coach. The coach itinary turned out to be mush and we arrived three and a bit hours past the advertised time. We were tired, hungry, thirsty and just a little moody but the guy helped out with directions, pronounciation, timetables etc and set us on our way. Top service and thanks.......................... do you fancy running a coach company ?? 

Tktd

I got my copy when I got off the train at Ottermarsch (sp?!).... Was really nice to see a friendly and familiar thing there and being given away for free. There weren't many Fulham fans there at the time in comparison as I went to the stadium earlier then most but every fan that walked past took one with a smile. :)

kissthebadge

got ours in the reeperbahn, very helpful - advising where to eat etc

epsomraver

FSF

Quote from: Tktd on May 15, 2010, 12:47:30 AM
I got my copy when I got off the train at Ottermarsch (sp?!).... Was really nice to see a friendly and familiar thing there and being given away for free. There weren't many Fulham fans there at the time in comparison as I went to the stadium earlier then most but every fan that walked past took one with a smile. :)

That'd be me that you took that off, then. Glad to know it was well received - things got a bit hectic down there later on when hundreds started piling off the carriages making it that bit harder, but still loads took them.

Jimpav

Picked one up of the bar in a small place just of the Reeperbahn. Was a tiny place but had some other club scarves hanging up.

Was a good read though and passed the time on the bus to the ground.

Thanks for the good work. Reassuring to know that we have organisations like yours helping fans abroad.