more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't drop the youngsters

Started by JackyFulham90, January 05, 2014, 11:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

For the Sunderland game.
I think Burn has done enough to earn a start, maybe it's only me but I would rather see David & Dembele on the subs bench over Karagounis & Rodallega

Let's hope Rene agrees

Wingnut

Sunderland isn't the game to start them. It is a massive, high pressure, must win game. We need experience on the pitch for that one. I would start them in the cup replay for definite. The Sunderland game would be too much, too soon for them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Wingnut on January 05, 2014, 11:11:04 AM
Sunderland isn't the game to start them. It is a massive, high pressure, must win game. We need experience on the pitch for that one. I would start them in the cup replay for definite. The Sunderland game would be too much, too soon for them.

I said I think Burn should start, Dembele & David for the bench, I hope they start seeing the squad on a regular basis instead of squad players like Karagounis & Rodallega

Craven Mad

Quote from: Wingnut on January 05, 2014, 11:11:04 AM

I'd largely agree with this. With the only - possible - exception of Burn, who has more experience, and can fill in at a slot that has been disgracefully weak lately.

David & Plumain should be on the bench though, and should 100% start against Norwich in the replay (along with Dembele).

grandad

I would like to see Burn & Hughes in central defence for Sunderland game. Hughes for his experience & Burn for his height & mobility.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ffc73

I agree with the underlying sentiment of the post but....  I do not think it will happen overnight and especially as Rene has already said that the Sunderland game is of huge importance

Karagounis, Hugo, Ruiz and Zerotic were not on the bench -v- WHU so which of e.g Kasami, Dejagah, Kaca who were on the bench would you drop?

Hughes was on the bench -v- WHU so Burn could replace him but that seems, to me, a backward step for Burn who would be better placed playing.  Either for Birmingham or ourselves.  Interesting that Rene tried Amorebieta at LB yesterday.  This might indicate Rene is looking to accommodate Burn at CB for future FFC games

Craven Mad

Quote from: FFC73 on January 05, 2014, 11:37:39 AM
Hughes was on the bench -v- WHU so Burn could replace him but that seems, to me, a backward step for Burn who would be better placed playing.  Either for Birmingham or ourselves.

Great post; I just want to slightly focus on this point.

There could be a counter-argument to what you've said. Training with the first team, under world class coaches, with better facilities, against players like Darren Bent and Berbatov, is likely to develop Burn into a premier league player faster than playing 90mins a week for Birmingham - at least if he's only benched for the short term..

I hope he stays and we don't waste money on a risky jan transfer (money could be better used elsewhere!).

K33NY

I think Burn should start as well! Hes good enough :)

Luffy86

Priority is staying in the league, I think when we're guaranteed safety, then we play the youngsters in the league!!
Too much high risk especially with the position we're in.

sunburywhite

We should/need to start Burn as left side centre half. Trouble is Hangerland and Amorebieta are also left footed therefore you need a right footed player alongside (or so logic insists). That makes it Hughes or Senderos who should be the partner

Personally I would play Hughes. He might play his own game if he didn't have to worry about his partner
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Riverside

Let's not drop them too far in the deep end

I favour playing them on the 14th in the FA replay and then on the 25/26 vs Sheffield united

Then after 3 games see who is ready to step up !