more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Grimsby, May 1998

Started by 24 carat Goldbaek, January 05, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

24 carat Goldbaek

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm a new poster on the site so I'd just like to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I've been an avid reader of the forum for a number of years, although I've never previously posted.

I write in my spare time, and I've decided to start a series called 'The match of my life' where I take certain games I remember attending or watching in my childhood, although they don't have to be particularly important, and write a piece based on the opinions and memories of other fans who were there, and if possible, players.

I've been a regular at the Cottage since my old man started taking me in the mid-nineties, so as you can imagine many excerpts in the series will take place at our spiritual home. One game that stands out in the memory is the play-off first leg in 1998 against Grimsby Town in Keegan's first match. I remember Paul Moody was sent of for a terrible challenge, and his reaction afterwards (having a go at the poor bloke on a stretcher) started an argument between two fans behind me. I'd just like to know if anyone here was also at the game with any abiding memories of it.

Another reason I remember that particular game was because we moved upstairs in the Johnny Haynes Stand because of a mini crush that occurred during the final game against Watford in the standing enclosure.

Anyway, sorry for the long message, but I'm really looking forward to reading some memories. Cheers.

COYW!!!  049:gif

K33NY

Nice post and welcome here Goldbaek! :)

RoyTund

I remember.  Beardsley score a penalty for us I think.  Didn't Peschisolido get sent off in the second leg for an almost identical challenge?

SouthfieldWhite

Yeah remember that game, but remember the second leg better.
Quite a few of us squeezed into the back of my mates van .

As soon as Pesch got sent off it was game over.
Remember Moody walking past the away fans that night and getting a round of applause

Them remember going up there for a long weekend I think the following season when we won the championship although it must of been a coue of years later, we could of sent Grimsby down but they beat us 1-0