more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (07/01/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 07, 2014, 05:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Brentford poised to extend the loan of Fulham striker Marcello Trotta

Young Italian has scored seven goals in 20 games for the League One outfit this season

Happy to be a Bee: Marcello Trotta
Brentford are set to extend the loan spell of Fulham striker Marcello Trotta until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old has scored seven goals in 20 games for the Bees, but his initial deal expired over the weekend.

A number of clubs have expressed an interest in signing Trotta, with sides from Italy's Serie B joining the battle for his signature.

However, the young frontman is poised to remain at Griffin Park to help the League One side's promotion push.

Meanwhile, Fleetwood Town have shown an interest in Brentford striker Farid El Alagui.

The former Falkirk frontman has started just once in the league this season, but has managed six goals in 18 games overall.

However, the impending arrival of Arsenal youngster Chuba Akpom could force the Moroccan even further down the pecking order.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/brentford-poised-extend-loan-fulham-6470530?

WhiteJC

Birmingham wait in the wings as Fulham ponder defender's future

Youngster Burn could return to Championship club to continue loan spell

Rising star: Fulham defender Dan Burn in action for Birmingham
Dan Burn will hold talks with Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen tomorrow to see whether he will return to Birmingham City.

The towering defender made 28 appearances for the Championship club earlier this season but had his loan spell at St Andrews cut short after being recalled by the Cottagers.

Burn played 90 minutes in Saturday's FA Cup draw as Meulensteen handed debuts to four of his youngsters at Carrow Road.

However, the 21-year-old is unsure over his future and could still rejoin the Blues to continue his loan spell.

"I'm not sure what's happening at the moment," Burn admitted. "I'll go in on Tuesday and speak to the gaffer and see what he wants to do.

"If he wants me to stay and fight for my place then brilliant, but if he wants me to go back out on loan I'm happy to do that.

"I played 28 games for Birmingham and was really enjoying it playing regularly in front of big crowds. I loved my time there.

"I had a good relationship with Lee Clark and the whole management team, who have been on the phone keeping in touch."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-wait-wings-fulham-ponder-6470648?

WhiteJC

John Terry threatened to break my legs, reveals Sydney FC's Corey Gameiro

Threatened: Sydney FC's Corey Gameiro ran afoul of Chelsea's John Terry in a reserves game for Fulham.
Photo: Getty Images

Sydney FC striker Corey Gameiro revealed Chelsea captain John Terry threatened to break his legs during a heated clash during a reserves match with Fulham FC two years ago.

The then England captain, Terry, was playing in Chelsea's reserves while returning from injury and marked the 20-year-old Australian forward during the first half of a match against Fulham's reserve team.

Despite years of experience in top flight football and an extensive trophy collection, Terry was left red-faced by an 18-year-old Gameiro after being nutmegged and then beaten for pace.

In a desperate attempt to avenge his error, Gameiro claims Terry hauled him down with a fierce ''scissor tackle'' from behind and after apologising to the ref, Terry whispered a threat into his ear. ''When he helped me up he said 'do that again you little poo and I'll break your legs'. So I sort of sat there on the floor thinking I needed to get off the field,'' Gameiro said.

''It was his first game back from his injury, we were playing at Chelsea's training facility. He started, he came off at half time. The ball came into my feet and I looked over my shoulder and I saw him coming tight up behind me so I let the ball run through my legs to turn and beat him at a foot race and it just so happened that it went through his legs as well with a bit of luck. So it was a bit of a foot race between me and him and I was going to beat him so he took me down.''

The Chelsea captain never followed up on his threat and Gameiro didn't try and embarrass the veteran EPL defender again that match. Despite Terry's vicious sledge during the match, he joked about it later with the young Gameiro.

''After the game I got a photo with him and he was laughing about it,'' Gameiro said. ''[I wasn't laughing about it] at the time, he was a nice guy off the pitch, but he didn't like that for his first game back. I just looked to the bench and thought, 'You've got to take me off before Terry will do me in.' ''

Gameiro opened his account for Sydney FC in last week's 2-2 draw with Adelaide, heading in a late equaliser as a substitute and is now eager to earn a place in the starting line-up for Saturday's derby against Western Sydney Wanderers. Sections of the media labelled Gameiro's influence as a ''super-sub'' but the Young Socceroo is desperate to ensure that label doesn't stick for much longer, hoping to become a member of the first team rather than an impact player.

''Super-sub, I've had that title my whole life and I want to get rid of that,'' Gameiro said.
''I hate it, I hate it because every time I come off the bench I seem to do well, ever since my first game at Fulham. My first game in the reserves I scored a hat trick off the bench and they were down 3-0 at half-time. Ever since then I've been known as a super-sub, but I want to be known as a super-scorer.''

Gameiro views his return to Australia as a means of propelling his career back into Europe - and with the knowledge that a number of clubs may be interested in signing him, there is frustration with his season delayed due to injury and his fight to return to the starting line-up.

''I know that there are clubs in Europe that are going to be looking at me, watching me, monitoring me and that's why it's frustrating because I need to be playing to get noticed,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/john-terry-threatened-to-break-my-legs-reveals-sydney-fcs-corey-gameiro-20140106-30dke.html#ixzz2pgb4sazJ

WhiteJC

Debutant's Delight

Chris David voiced his delight at being one of four debutants for Fulham in the 1-1 draw at Norwich City on Saturday afternoon.

The Dutchman, along with Lasse Vigen Christensen and Ange-Freddy Plumain, has been a regular for Kit Symons' high-flying Under-21 side this season, and the trio impressed on their Fulham bows in the FA Cup with Budweiser clash.

"Anyone that has been following the Under-21 games this season will know that we're in first place and we're unbeaten, and that's because we have a lot of good players," David said. "Now we've been given an opportunity by the new Head Coach which is good because it shows that we're doing well.

"At our age we're always trying to improve and show what we're capable of. Hopefully we can continue to do that."

David was set up in central midfield alongside Derek Boateng and was a real bright spark in the engine room, combining work rate with a smart range of passing – an attribute that was most evident when he set up Darren Bent for the game's opening goal.

"I was very happy to have an assist on my debut," he admitted. "I was glad I was able to deliver a good ball and Darren did very well to get on the end of it and score with a nice header.

"Over the 90 minutes, I think both teams had their chances so a draw was an honest result. I was happy to make my debut and although I'd hoped to win, we had to settle for a draw so hopefully we'll win at home when we play them in the Replay."

The rematch on Tuesday 14th January will potentially provide David, amongst others, with the opportunity to sample First Team football at Craven Cottage for the first time, and the 20-year-old is keen to build on Saturday's impressive display.

"Of course, I'd like to feature again in the Replay," he said. "After making your debut you get a taste for it and after this game I want to play more and get as many minutes as possible. Obviously that's the Head Coach's decision, though, as he decides who plays, but I hope I showed him on Saturday what I'm capable of doing. Now I have to train hard and we will see."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/06/debutants-delight?

WhiteJC

No conspiracy over Berbatov absence - boss

Rene Meulensteen insisted that there is "no conspiracy" behind Dimitar Berbatov's absence for Fulham's 1-1 FA Cup draw at Norwich City.

The Cottagers' head coach spoke out following the third-round tie at Carrow Road when he was asked if the Bulgarian was omitted from the squad to avoid him becoming cup-tied following strong speculation linking him with a switch to Arsenal this month. But Meulensteen was adamant that he merely rested Berbatov following a hectic run of games over the festive period, while reiterating that the player is still happy at Craven Cottage. The Dutch tactician said: "It's more looking after a valuable asset of this club. After the recent little injuries he did well against West Ham, so to play again so soon would be not very clever. We looked after him." When quizzed about a possible move to Arsenal, Meulensteen, who briefly thought he was still working with Berbatov at their former club Manchester United, added: "Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player. "As far as I know he is very content, very happy. He is playing well and is very important for us."

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/no-conspiracy-over-berbatov-absence---boss-1691549.html?

WhiteJC

FA Cup Tickets Now On Sale

Fulham's FA Cup with Budweiser Third Round Replay with Norwich City will now be televised live on BT Sport.

The Craven Cottage Replay will still take place on Tuesday 14th January but now kicks-off at the slightly earlier time of 7.45pm.

Tickets for the match are now on sale. Prices are just £15 for adults, £10 for over 65s and £1 for under-16s!

Season Ticket Holders and Members now have exclusive access until 10am on Wednesday 8th January when tickets will go on General Sale.

Season Ticket Holders have until 10am on Wednesday 8th January to retain their regular Season Ticket seat.

Find out more here.

The winners of the encounter will be away to Sheffield United in the Fourth Round of the competition.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/06/fa-cup-tickets?

WhiteJC

Transfer: Dan Burn set to hold future talks with Fulham

Dan Burn: Played for Fulham at Norwich on Saturday

Dan Burn, who recently completed a loan spell at Birmingham, is set to discuss his future with Fulham on Tuesday.

The commanding defender has been recalled to Craven Cottage after making 28 appearances for the Blues over the first half of the season.

He was drafted straight back into the Cottagers' fold on Saturday as Rene Meulensteen handed senior bows to four youngsters during an FA Cup third-round draw at Norwich City.

Burn completed the full 90 minutes at Carrow Road, but concedes that he is unaware of what Fulham have planned for him.

A return to Birmingham has been mooted, with Lee Clark expressing an interest in taking the 21-year-old back to St Andrew's if a second loan stint is sanctioned.

Burn told the Fulham Chronicle: "I'm not sure what's happening at the moment.

"I'll go in on Tuesday and speak to the gaffer and see what he wants to do.

"If he wants me to stay and fight for my place then brilliant, but if he wants me to go back out on loan, I'm happy to do that.

"I played 28 games for Birmingham and was really enjoying it playing regularly in front of big crowds. I loved my time there.

"I had a good relationship with Lee Clark and the whole management team, who have been on the phone keeping in touch."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9104304/?

WhiteJC

Simon Makienok Taking Crystal Palace and Fulham Chatter as Pat On The Back

Brondby top scorer Simon Makienok admits he has heard rumours of interest from Crystal Palace and Fulham and believes it is a pat on the back for his performances.

The tall striker has been linked with both Premier League sides, having impressed domestically within Denmark this term.

Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen is even thought to have enquired to Brondby personally about Makienok, being quoted £3.3m for the 23-year-old.

While Makienok has heard of interest, he does not have anything concrete to report, even if it is flattering.

"I cannot really avoid reading about [the speculation] because I am constantly being reminded of this", Makienok told Bold.

"But this does not mean that I think I am leaving. It's only what I hear from the club and my agent that I listen to.

"All the other things I take as positive. That I am linked with clubs indicates just that I have done well, but as long as it is not coming from my agent or the club, it means that it is not something that is about to happen."

Makienok has a further two and a half years left to run on his contract at Brondby.

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/01/06/simon-makienok-taking-crystal-palace-and-fulham-chatter-as-pat-on-the-back/118711/#slusd2igtC2Pwg6B.99

WhiteJC

Bees and Fulham agree deal for Trotta

Brentford have reached an agreement with Fulham to extend Marcello Trotta's loan until the end of the season.

Bees boss Mark Warburton has been confident of keeping the Italian striker, who briefly returned to Fulham on Monday but has made it clear he is keen to complete the campaign at Griffin Park.

Warburton also expects to keep on-loan Chelsea midfielder George Saville until May following talks with the Blues.

Brentford are expected to confirm both deals shortly.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/bees-and-fulham-agree-deal-for-trotta?

WhiteJC

Mesca To Return To Fulham

Winger to return to train with parent club for time being

Following the expiry of his loan agreement with the Football Club on 7th January, Buomesca Tué Na Bangna has returned to train with Fulham for the time being.

Fondly known as 'Mesca' the Fulham winger has helped Crewe enjoy a recent revival of results and most notably scored the winning goal in the club's 2-1 win over Carlisle United on New Years' Day.

The skilful wide man, 20, has gained invaluable experience whilst on loan and Steve Davis has not totally ruled out bringing the promising youngster back to Gresty Road.

The Alex boss will assess his own options before making a decision on whether to explore another loan agreement with the young Portuguese and his parent club.

Mesca scored one goal in his six appearances for the club.

Read more at http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/mesca-to-return-to-fulham-1279170.aspx?#yD3ysSgeYHSQsox5.99

WhiteJC

Dempsey makes Fulham return in FA Cup draw

Clint Dempsey made his first appearance in his return to Fulham on Saturday, playing 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw with Norwich City in a Third Round FA Cup match at Carrow Road. Fulham will host a replay on Tuesday, January 14 at Craven Cottage.

Dempsey had just one shot in the match, his first back for the Premier League side after joining The Whites on loan from Sounders FC. Wearing No. 32, he fired a shot over the crossbar in the ninth minute and later had another attempt blocked off of his foot.

Fulham resumes league play on Saturday against Sunderland at Craven Cottage, where Dempsey could make his first Premier League appearance for the London club since leaving for Tottenham in 2012.

The U.S. National Team captain played 651 minutes in nine matches for Sounders FC after his mid-season transfer from Tottenham, scoring one goal in the regular season finale.

http://www.soundersfc.com/news/articles/2014/01-january/dempsey-debuts-in-fa-cup-for-fulham.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Sounders+%28Sounders+FC+%28Features%2C+Blogs%2C+YouTube%2C+SFC+Weekly%29%29

WhiteJC

Fulham look to reinforce left-back spot with Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand
• Fulham keen to bolster resources in struggle against relegation
• Bertrand has seen chances to impress at Chelsea restricted

Ryan Bertrand could soon leave Chelsea having seen his chances to impress at the club heavily restricted.
Photograph: AFP/Getty Images

Fulham have inquired as to the availability of Ryan Bertrand as they seek to bolster their ranks in the struggle against relegation.

The Chelsea left-back, who boasts two England caps, has started only one Premier League game this season under José Mourinho, together with two Capital One Cup ties, having been hampered by injury. However, with César Azpilicueta excelling at left-back and competing with Ashley Cole for a first-team place, the 24-year-old is effectively available for transfer and keen to secure first-team football.

Fulham have been told there is no guarantee they would succeed with a move for the 6ft 7in Brondby striker Simon Makienok. The club have been quoted a £3.3m fee and could try to sign the 23-year-old if, as expected, Dimitar Berbatov leaves.

Makienok's agent, Michael Stensgaard, said the Denmark international was in "no rush" to move.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/06/fulham-ryan-bertrand-chelsea?

K33NY

I hope he keeps Burn here! He is so talented and been doing great for Birmingham, theres no reason who shouldnt replace Senderos

Count Berbatov

I remember Bertrand as a very good defender. It's been a while though.. but getting more and better defenders is the right intention.
Can he play CB?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

WhiteJC

Ravel Morrison tells West Ham he wants to join Fulham

The Hammers are ready to cash in on the England under-21 international to improve their squad in other areas and boost their chances of Premier League survival

Ravel Morrison has told West Ham that he wants to join Fulham this month, Goal can reveal.

Fulham have made an approach to West Ham over a bold move for the England under-21 international and are ready to pay around £5 million plus add-ons to bring him to Craven Cottage.

Morrison has made it clear to Hammers manager Sam Allardyce that he would like to move to Fulham, who will offer an increase on his £15,000-a-week wages and the chance to re-unite with Rene Meulensteen.

The Fulham manager is a huge fan of Morrison from their time together at Manchester United and is ready to take advantage of the player's contract situation, with 18 months remaining on his current deal.

West Ham are willing to listen to offers for the England under-21 midfielder and use the money to strengthen their injury-hit squad, especially with suggestions that the midfielder's notoriously bad attitude has resurfaced in recent weeks while he has been sidelined with a groin problem.

Morrison, 20, has an £18m release clause in his contract while there is another clause that means West Ham would have to quadruple his wages to £60,000-a-week if a club makes an offer worth £10m or more.

The relegation-threatened Hammers have made little progress in their attempts to agree a new deal with Morrison that would remove the clauses from the contract and are now aware of his desire to leave Upton Park.

West Ham would be reluctant to sell Morrison to another team in the relegation battle but Fulham are the only team to have shown concrete interest, despite long-standing interest from Newcastle.

There are concerns about the consequences of keeping Morrison against his will given his history, having been sold to West Ham by United in January 2012 after a series of off-field misdemeanours threatened to ruin his chances of making it as a professional footballer.

Despite his considerable talent, United sold Morrison to West Ham for an initial £650,000 before he joined Birmingham on loan last season.

This term, Morrison has broken in to the West Ham side and made 19 appearances in all competitions, scoring three goals while also starring in his three matches for England under-21s.

He has been struggling with a groin injury in recent weeks but returned to play 90 minutes in Sunday's humiliating 5-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/01/07/4526542/-?

WhiteJC

Fulham Told To Wait For Danish Hit Man Simon Makienok

Cottagers must be patient in pursuit of giant striker.

Fulham have been told to wait in the charge to land highly-rated Danish international striker Simon Makienok, according to reports in the Metro.

Cottagers boss Rene Meulensteen has said to have been quoted a fee of £3.3m for the 6ft 7in Brondby frontman and will press ahead with a move for his signature shout veteran striker Dimitar Berbatov move on during the January transfer window.

However, Makienok's agent, Michael Stensgaard, has insisted that his client is in "no rush" to leave his current employers and admits it would have to be the right move for him if they hope to prize him away from his homeland.

"Obviously there is interest from a number of sources and not just from England," said Stensgaard.

"We will wait to see what happens in the coming window and then perhaps again in the summer.

"We have a very good dialogue with Brondby and we are in no rush. So we will make a decision to suit all parties."

Makienok has bagged six goals in 12 appearances for Brondby this term, boosting his tally to 26 in 48 appearances since his debut in March 2012.

However, there are also a number of other sides interesting in taking him off of Brondby's hands, so Fulham will need to put together an interesting package to win him over.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/01/07/fulham-told-to-wait-for-danish-hit-man-simon-makienok/?

WhiteJC

Fulham keeper Stekelenburg set to return against Sunderland

Dutch star winning fitness battle following ankle injury in training

Return: Maarten Stekelenburg is closing in on a comeback
Fulham are hopeful keeper Maarten Stekelenburg will be fit for Saturday's basement battle with Sunderland.

The Dutch star has been sidelined for the past fortnight after picking up an ankle injury in training.

David Stockdale has filled the breach in his absence, with boss Rene Meulensteen heaping praise on the Englishman for his Gordon Banks-like save in Saturday's FA Cup draw at Norwich.

However, he faces competition for the No.1 spot as Stekelenburg closes in on a return to action.

Meulesnteen said: "He's progressing nicely, so hopefully he will be back soon."

The 31-year-old has featured 12 times for Fulham since his summer switch from Roma.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-keeper-stekelenburg-set-return-6473094?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Hamburg midfielder Tomas Rincon targets Premier League move

Tomas Rincon (r): Eyeing a move to the Premier League

Hamburg midfielder Tomas Rincon is eyeing a move to the Premier League after turning down a new deal at the German club.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at Hamburg and the Bundesliga side were determined to tie him down to fresh terms to ward off interest from other clubs.

However, Rincon has rejected Hamburg's latest contract offer and the German club are now ready to cash-in on the Venezuela international rather than risk losing him for nothing in the summer.

The news of Rincon's availability has alerted a host of clubs across the world with sides England, Turkey and China all chasing his signature.

The likes of Everton, Fulham, Swansea and West Brom are all thought to be weighing up moves for the highly-rated midfielder this month.

Rincon's preferred destination is the Premier League and the player's lawyer, John Sorzano, has admitted he expects some movement on the midfielder before the close of the transfer window.

"Tomas has long admired the Premier League and it's no secret that several clubs have confirmed their interest so we expect to make a more informed decision in the coming weeks," Sorzano told Sky Sports.

Rincon's UK's representative, Oliver Ward of ITM Sports, believes the South American could prove to be one of the best signings of this month's transfer window.

"A player of Tomas' track record and international experience to be available in January doesn't happen that often," said Ward.

"Tomas is moving into the prime of his career so the next move for him is very exciting."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9105213/?

WhiteJC

Liverpool Now On Sale

Tickets for our home match against Liverpool on Wednesday 12th February (8pm) are now available exclusively to Season Ticket Holders and Members who can buy up to four tickets each.

Tickets are priced from £49 for adults and £25 for juniors and can be purchased online or by calling 0843 208 1234.

If you're not yet a Member, sign up today from £20 for adults and £5 for juniors. Read more at fulhamfc.com/membership

Half Season Tickets still on sale

There's still time for you to secure a Half Season Ticket for our remaining nine games of the season, including Liverpool and starting with Sunderland. Half Season Tickets are priced from less than £30 per game for adults and less than £10 per game for juniors.

Read more at fulhamfc.com/halfseasontickets

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/07/liverpool-now-on-sale?

WhiteJC

Striker Asking the Questions?

Reading between the lines, it appears that Rene Meulensteen is looking to boost his squad with the acquisition of a striker.

It would appear that the player in question is currently on the books of the Danish club, Brondby and goes by the name of Simon Makienok.

However, it would appear that 22 year-old Makienok isn`t, at the moment, too excited about the prospect of coming to Craven Cottage and has asked our Dutch boss to map out the clubs long term Premier League future by his agent.

The words, cheeky git spring to mind!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=344568#ixzz2pj9Euq5h