News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Meulensteen double raid on West Ham lined up.........

Started by Tooting legend, January 10, 2014, 11:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

Rene Meulensteen is lining up a double raid on West Ham for Ravel Morrison(20) and Mohamed Diame(26).

BBC Transfer Gossip....

Would love these two to happen.

DevonFFC

Would be absolutely increadible, diame dominates the midfield and really can change a game

JackyFulham90

Never going to happen, Rene has already ruled out a move for Morrison

K33NY

If true, and if it happends that for sure strengthen our midfield, Diame is DM right? Surely he could be a help for our defense then! Hope this is true and gets realised. But surely I would like to see some reforcement in our defence as well. I wouldnt prioritise a striker if we can keep Berbatov, but we cant let Berbatov go to late in the window either so its to late to get a new one in.

SimpleTactics

thats like saying west ham are going to buy Kasami and Parker from us

Lighthouse

Every window we get sucked into these rumours only for them to prove rubbish. Well I am fed up with hoping and being fed up when all we end up with in a 42 year old Mongolian Goalkeeper with halitosis. So this time I am not going to even .........still would be nice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YoungsBitter

I just can't see this happen altho its on Express site and quoted on BBC from there. The buyout clause for Morrison is £15mm which we don't have. So how does £7.5 mm for both Morrison and Diame work? Gollivan may not be a very pleasant pairing but they are not stupid. Also why would they sell to us , relegation candidates with them, their two best players at any cost let alone at a bargain?
Quark, strangeness and charm

..Kya.ffc..

More than unlikely for that Price and would almost take Diame alone for that price.

Although anyone know if he still have his reported 3.5m release clause. Would be a steal for that.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Aaron

I missed my calling.. I want to be a journo..

Stick with me here.. this is a bit of a ramble..

I bought the little one some "Giant African Land Snails" as low maintenance pets.  I breed snakes and tarantulas and that as a sort of hobby / sideline to my day job as a Software Developer.  It takes a lot of effort and risk to some degree (there's a fair few species I work with would have no problem putting you in hospital if they decided to play rough) to produce any money doing this, but they pay for themselves eventually..

My little one's snails bred with no input or real effort on her part, just chucking in some food and a bit of cuttle bone every couple of days and before you know it there's 200 of them.  She has split them into two or three large tubs now and is production lining them selling the babies at £1 a pop.  She drops a box in every week at a pet shop on the way to school and has made £25 on eBay in the last 24 hours with these things.. Free money, no effort on her part and fair play to her.

To me, this is a bit like journalism.  You can be a war correspondent jetting off to Syria, Afghanistan or another était du jour putting your life on the line to come home to a nice, but well earned pay cheque OR you can write this tripe and glean the same rewards..

We're going to sign Romelu Lukaku for £17.5m with Berbatov going the other way, a source close to the club told me.  Can I get paid now?

Ordar

Totally unlikely to happen obviously, but would be a fantastic deal

Craven Mad

Would be great if possible.

We'd have a much better squad and West Ham would have a significantly worse team, too. Giving us a much better chance of survival, and consigning Spam to an even higher chance of relegation.

Sam's thick, but he's not that thick.. It won't happen.

Jamie88

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 10, 2014, 11:54:08 PM

When did he say that?

grandad

Where would these 2 fit in with Parker, Sidwell & Kasami. Who Would start?
Where there's a will there's a wife

leonffc

I personally can't see WH selling but this Morrison story won't go away so who knows (yeah I know Hangeland to arsenal wouldn't go away but...).

Morrison is a player that likes the ball to feet. He ain't getting that in big fat Sams midfield!! He's also not playing every week amid rumours that WH are paying UTD a kings ransom every time he plays. I can't see that anyone would be so stupid to strike that deal but who knows?!

Diame was a player that WH fans adored last year and fully expected him to end up at Arsenal in the summer. Apparently he isn't the same player this year but they are blaming Sam.

westcliff white

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 11, 2014, 08:15:53 AM

When did he say that?

Read the Saturday news round up thread
Every day is a Fulham day

Slaphead in Qatar

This is being reported in many newspapers today. I would be astonished if sam sold these 2 in the middle of a relegation fight.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on January 11, 2014, 09:56:42 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on January 11, 2014, 08:15:53 AM

When did he say that?

Read the Saturday news round up thread

He never said anything about not being in for Morrison, what he actually said was he didn't want to go down the speculation route. I personally think there might be a bit of mileage in this one. Morrison has quite a complicated contract situation over there. There's a £15 million buy out clause also another one where his wages are quadrupled if a club offers a  £10 million lump sum. This is up later this year so he can walk away for nothing, reckon West Ham will take any reasonable offer, looks like they were well tucked up by Morrisons agent

PokerMatt

This quadrupling clause I don't really get. I can only assume it is so that Spam will be forced to accept bids of less than £10m?

Because if they do get offered £10m and Ravel is suddenly on 60k that's immediately a stumbling block for the buying club. Then Spam are lumbered with a 60k player they can't afford once the buying club pulls out of negotiations.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

JackyFulham90