3.   Stevie MBE £7.28m
4.   England's Brave John Terry £6.76
5.   Cashley Cole £6.24m
6.   Ashley Young £6.24m
7.   Gareth Barry £6.24m
8.   Rio Ferdinand £5.98m
9.   Glen Johnson £5.2m
10.    Joe Hart £4.68m
The lesson seems to be play for England then convert to long contract....some old un inspiring people on there earning a fortune - Ashley Young anyone?
Quark, strangeness and charm

JIMMY D

Gareth Barry...... What a waste of money. But would love him at Fulham :)

Count Berbatov

Ashley Young! Really! FFS
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 08, 2014, 07:21:45 AM
Ashley Young! Really! FFS
Surely Ferdinand is a bigger waste of cash. At least Young still has some sense of movement about his game...admittedly most of it involves going from an upright position to the floor in a rough proximity of an opposition player. 
@hincharoo

The Equalizer

Joe Hart? He's the most useless goalkeeper I've seen since Hilario!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

EJL

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 08, 2014, 02:05:20 PM
Joe Hart? He's the most useless goalkeeper I've seen since Hilario!
Hart's performances during City's title-winning season were pretty good; he was voted into the PFA's Team of the Year if I remember correctly.

mullers

EJL - thanks for the video. i couldn't believe what I saw at the time and every time you post I keep replaying it. It just gets better and better. I think its more sublime than Kasami's goal to be honest.

Burt

What a waste of money. No way that anyone can convince me that these people deserve to earn that, when there are front line services people (nurses, social services, emergency services, etc) who only get c£30k per year.

:dft007:

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Burt on January 08, 2014, 09:00:57 PM
What a waste of money. No way that anyone can convince me that these people deserve to earn that, when there are front line services people (nurses, social services, emergency services, etc) who only get c£30k per year.

:dft007:

The craziness that is society. Divide their wages by four and they would still be earning way too much.

aaronmcguigan

Wayne Rooney earns near DOUBLE of whatever anyone else earns?  Im assuming theres win/appearance bonuses and sponsorship/image rights on top of this!

Ashley Young has done NOTHING to earn that type of salary!

ltd-ffc

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 07, 2014, 11:44:12 PM
1.   Wayne Rooney £15.6 m
2.   Fat Frank £7.84
3.   Stevie MBE £7.28m
5.   Cashley Cole £6.24m
6.   Ashley Young £6.24m
7.   Gareth Barry £6.24m
9.   Glen Johnson £5.2m
10.    Joe Hart £4.68m
The lesson seems to be play for England then convert to long contract....some old un inspiring people on there earning a fortune - Ashley Young anyone?
nice to see somebody else liking that picture me and you have as our dp
ashley young and gareth barry on that list is ludicrous
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Count Berbatov

Just watch out Messi's new deal's coming up
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

YoungsBitter

Quote from: ltd-ffc on January 09, 2014, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 07, 2014, 11:44:12 PM
1.   Wayne Rooney £15.6 m
2.   Fat Frank £7.84
3.   Stevie MBE £7.28m
5.   Cashley Cole £6.24m
6.   Ashley Young £6.24m
7.   Gareth Barry £6.24m
9.   Glen Johnson £5.2m
10.    Joe Hart £4.68m
nice to see somebody else liking that picture me and you have as our dp
ashley young and gareth barry on that list is ludicrous
Yes in Rene we all hope ;) It would have been interesting to see where these guys appear in the total Premiership ranking, i.e. including all nationalities but even so Barry and especially Ashley Young are earning way more than wold be warranted by results.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Nero

Biggest shock to me is Glen Johnson the guy cant even defend and is getting paid how much!!!