watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kasami & Kacaniklic

Started by JackyFulham90, January 08, 2014, 08:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I hope we look to extend there contracts for the long term before the end of the season as I know both contracts are running down, they have both had there ups & downs but have held there own in the Premiership, I hope both remain part of the club's long term plans

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

ross_bamping

Kasami's effort is unquestionable, but his technique lets him down massively, apart from a wonder goal every now and then. Kaca has it, and every other game you get the best out of him. Both have huge potential, and thats why we need to get them on long term contracts, with high buy-out clauses.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: ross_bamping on January 08, 2014, 03:18:50 PM
Kasami's effort is unquestionable, but his technique lets him down massively, apart from a wonder goal every now and then. Kaca has it, and every other game you get the best out of him. Both have huge potential, and thats why we need to get them on long term contracts, with high buy-out clauses.

Not sure the part about Kasami's technique is true. He might not be the quickest but he has excellent feet and is, in my opinion, highly technically gifted. A player lacking technique would not have scored the goals you mention (vs. Palace & vs. Norwich) nor would he be such a source of attacking intent if his technique was poor.

FFC1987

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on January 08, 2014, 03:43:50 PM
Quote from: ross_bamping on January 08, 2014, 03:18:50 PM

Not sure the part about Kasami's technique is true. He might not be the quickest but he has excellent feet and is, in my opinion, highly technically gifted. A player lacking technique would not have scored the goals you mention (vs. Palace & vs. Norwich) nor would he be such a source of attacking intent if his technique was poor.

His ability to pick a decent pass and switch play shows decent technique too. I like him.

FPT

Alex Kacaniklic has disappointed me in the last few months, he appears to have lost the ability to beat his man and attack his full back. When he was first breaking through, it seemed that if we can just improve his final ball and his defensive ability/work rate then we've got a fantastic player on our hands. I still think he's got so much potential but has gone backwards recently and I really want to see the Alex Kacaniklic of old that could cause his full backs problems.

As for Kasami, I do completely disagree that his technique lets him down. He's a very good passer of the ball, a strong runner and has unbelievable work rate. The only things he really needs to improve is his positional ability, when he plays off of the top, he needs to drop off to collect the ball and make it easier for the two deeper central midfielders. I suppose this also comes into the first point but his movement off of the ball isn't the greatest, he's got the technical ability to control a game of football but not the tactical.

I'd like to see him creating more chances, like the pass for Bent for his first chance against Norwich but it's not strictly of high importance yet.

All in all, I agree that they need longer term contracts, as does a lot of our younger players, but these two mainly seeing as they are the true break through youth players in our first team squad.