more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Thomas Hitzlsperger

Started by Rudolph, January 08, 2014, 11:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbanianWhite

Good player. Loved to stroke a ball.
An Albanian is for life, not just for Christmas!

aaronmcguigan

Do we NEED a footballer to come out in his prime? There are millions of people in the world going around without labels, not tying themselves to anything or to any specific label.
As for moving things forward, there should be less public interest in peoples personal lives, as thats where the stigma comes from. Do you really think any of our players are going to act or treat Player X any different if he is attracted to a different sex from someone else? No,Nowadays people are attracted to men/ women/ both/ neither.

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 08, 2014, 12:46:00 PM
I'm mystified as to why this is news! Who really gives a damn whether or not somebody is gay in this day and age?

:plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Max Headroom

When he played i bet he liked it up the middle  

Good player. Loved to stroke a ball

and you wonder why guys don't come out.....

AlbanianWhite

Quote from: Max Headroom on January 08, 2014, 07:03:43 PM

Craig Bellamy didn't come out......

Have you got something you want to tell us Max?

Alan

Quote from: Rupert on January 08, 2014, 12:56:30 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on January 08, 2014, 12:51:59 PM
I'm mystified as to why this is news! Who really gives a damn whether or not somebody is gay in this day and age?

I hope the day comes soon where it isn't news. But for now it is, as only 4 footballers have ever openly come out as gay, and those numbers just don't add up.

Just as a matter of interest, how many footballers have ever come out as hetrosexual? In this day and age, I wonder if this is news only because certain pressure groups want it to be news. I have no idea what the sexual orientation of any of our players is, and frankly it is none of my business. Nor do I know their religious views, voting tendencies or shoe size. All I care about is how well they play football. Their private lives are their own, and in my opinion they should stay that way unless they trangress the laws of the land.

Exactly. All that should matter is how good they are at their job. You wouldn't go into a supermarket or a cinema & judge the people working there on their sexual orientation, would you?
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

Max Headroom

Quote from: AlbanianWhite on January 08, 2014, 07:05:10 PM

Are you asking me if I'm gay? Really?????

AlbanianWhite

Quote from: Max Headroom on January 08, 2014, 10:15:23 PM
Quote from: AlbanianWhite on January 08, 2014, 07:05:10 PM

Are you asking me if I'm gay? Really?????

Yes, yes I am. Which team do you bat for? It's only a question!

Vinnieffc

@BBCSport: BREAKING: Thomas Hitzlsperger has bravely announced that he once played for West Ham.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: SKSW6 on January 08, 2014, 02:51:50 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 08, 2014, 02:35:36 PM
Quote from: The Moose on January 08, 2014, 01:06:52 PM
Quote from: Rupert on January 08, 2014, 12:56:30 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on January 08, 2014, 12:51:59 PM

I hope the day comes soon where it isn't news. But for now it is, as only 4 footballers have ever openly come out as gay, and those numbers just don't add up.

Just as a matter of interest, how many footballers have ever come out as hetrosexual? In this day and age, I wonder if this is news only because certain pressure groups want it to be news. I have no idea what the sexual orientation of any of our players is, and frankly it is none of my business. Nor do I know their religious views, voting tendencies or shoe size. All I care about is how well they play football. Their private lives are their own, and in my opinion they should stay that way unless they trangress the laws of the land.
It's news because the industry is still largely homophobic and footballers shouldn't have to feel ashamed of their sexuality. The sport needs to modernize.

says who? I will tell you quite bluntly that what people do behind closed doors is their business, what I object to is it being constantly rammed down my throat by  my pressure groups that it is normal.

Are you saying you think homosexuality isn't "normal"?

It is not normal no because it occurs in a tiny minority of the population. Does this mean it's wrong? No its the guy's own preference whether he can control it or not. People try to be too politically correct nowadays and swing into the 'accuse anyone who isn't reciting the politically correct lines' zone. Yes I do hate ignorant people who give gay people grief for their sexual orientation, but no I do not think it is disgusting of people to not agree with it, as long as they do not act upon it and cause grief. Opinions are opinions.

win-dup

I hope we are going to give him a minute's applause Saturday. Everyone else seems to get one. Who cares if he's gay, martian or a sodding vegan?

AlbanianWhite

:clap_hands: Sgt Fulham sir.

A. Craven-Cottagist

To Sgt Fulham:

So it's OK for people not to "agree" with another person's sexuality.  Does this extend to not "agreeing" with other unavoidable facets of their gene-structure ?  Like their disabledness ?  Or is it only when disabled people flaunt their disability (perhaps by waving their sticks in the air when J A Riise finally scores a flippin goal) that it's acceptable to "disagree" with it ?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: A. Craven-Cottagist on January 09, 2014, 11:58:20 AM
To Sgt Fulham:

So it's OK for people not to "agree" with another person's sexuality.  Does this extend to not "agreeing" with other unavoidable facets of their gene-structure ?  Like their disabledness ?  Or is it only when disabled people flaunt their disability (perhaps by waving their sticks in the air when J A Riise finally scores a flippin goal) that it's acceptable to "disagree" with it ?

People have the right to agree or disagree with whatever they want.  If someone thinks that disabled people are disgusting, they are perfectly entitled to hold that belief.  I disagree entirely, but I think everyone should have the right to think whatever they want about whatever they want.  No matter how much I disagree or can prove otherwise.

My main issue with this story, and that of other gay footballers, is that I firmly believe it shouldn't even BE a story  As long as it is a story it will remain one.  As long as gay footballers are seen as "gay footballers" (rather than just "footballers"), there will be no equality.  Being gay, or letting people know you are gay, shouldn't be seen as "brave" because it shouldn't be seen as overcoming anything.

Rupert

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 09, 2014, 12:10:18 PM
To Sgt Fulham:

So it's OK for people not to "agree" with another person's sexuality.  Does this extend to not "agreeing" with other unavoidable facets of their gene-structure ?  Like their disabledness ?  Or is it only when disabled people flaunt their disability (perhaps by waving their sticks in the air when J A Riise finally scores a flippin goal) that it's acceptable to "disagree" with it ?

People have the right to agree or disagree with whatever they want.  If someone thinks that disabled people are disgusting, they are perfectly entitled to hold that belief.  I disagree entirely, but I think everyone should have the right to think whatever they want about whatever they want.  No matter how much I disagree or can prove otherwise.

My main issue with this story, and that of other gay footballers, is that I firmly believe it shouldn't even BE a story  As long as it is a story it will remain one.  As long as gay footballers are seen as "gay footballers" (rather than just "footballers"), there will be no equality.  Being gay, or letting people know you are gay, shouldn't be seen as "brave" because it shouldn't be seen as overcoming anything.

:clap_hands:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

AlbanianWhite

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 09, 2014, 12:10:18 PM
To Sgt Fulham:

So it's OK for people not to "agree" with another person's sexuality.  Does this extend to not "agreeing" with other unavoidable facets of their gene-structure ?  Like their disabledness ?  Or is it only when disabled people flaunt their disability (perhaps by waving their sticks in the air when J A Riise finally scores a flippin goal) that it's acceptable to "disagree" with it ?

People have the right to agree or disagree with whatever they want.  If someone thinks that disabled people are disgusting, they are perfectly entitled to hold that belief.  I disagree entirely, but I think everyone should have the right to think whatever they want about whatever they want.  No matter how much I disagree or can prove otherwise.

My main issue with this story, and that of other gay footballers, is that I firmly believe it shouldn't even BE a story  As long as it is a story it will remain one.  As long as gay footballers are seen as "gay footballers" (rather than just "footballers"), there will be no equality.  Being gay, or letting people know you are gay, shouldn't be seen as "brave" because it shouldn't be seen as overcoming anything.

And the truth shall set you free!