Main Menu

Manchester United v Sunderland Tonight

Started by Admin, January 07, 2014, 02:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

Quote from: epsomraver on January 08, 2014, 09:21:33 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on January 08, 2014, 09:15:19 AM
Quote from: The Moose on January 07, 2014, 11:38:31 PM
Ideally Sunderland wouldn't have won but I still feel we'll beat them. We look good going forward and unlike Utd we don't sit back so they'll have no time on the ball.

The win against Manure could help us.
A number of their players will be looking ahead to the 2nd leg.
IMO we will win on Saturday.
COYW!

049:gif

depends on how we play, we started off very fresh and wide attacking under Renee but have slowly slid back to "Jol" type flaffing about , backwards passing game with all down the middle, hope this is not being caused by the fact we have " 3" managers, two who are known for their negative play.

It certainly seems like after Curbishley came we got a bit negative style again, but I hope it was just something for the tight christmas fixtures, and that against sunderland, we will see some good positive play again!

Allso I found this on youtube! Champions Fulham 2000 - 2001 Part 5 of 8.avi this brings back memories from my first years as Fulham fan!! ;) But I was wondering, is thar youtube videos the same as from this DVD? http://shop.fulhamfc.com/retail-product.aspx?deptId=0&prodId=1430

Twig

Quote from: epsomraver on January 08, 2014, 09:21:33 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on January 08, 2014, 09:15:19 AM
Quote from: The Moose on January 07, 2014, 11:38:31 PM
Ideally Sunderland wouldn't have won but I still feel we'll beat them. We look good going forward and unlike Utd we don't sit back so they'll have no time on the ball.

The win against Manure could help us.
A number of their players will be looking ahead to the 2nd leg.
IMO we will win on Saturday.
COYW!

049:gif

depends on how we play, we started off very fresh and wide attacking under Renee but have slowly slid back to "Jol" type flaffing about , backwards passing game with all down the middle, hope this is not being caused by the fact we have " 3" managers, two who are known for their negative play.

Agree, I was no fan of Ray "sideways" Wilkins last time around and see no value in his appointment (quite the opposite).  As for Curbishley..................

Brede Butter Pudding

Maybe it's just me but I'm not too bothered about last night's result, and I'm not convinced it'll have much bearing on saturday's game, other than that Sunderland may be a little wearier than our boys. Afterall, we lost 6-0 to Hull (I still can't really believe it), conceding 6 second half goals, surely shattering any confidence we had built up over the previous weeks, yet next game we beat West Ham convincingly, albeit by only one goal. Likewise, although Sunderland have just beaten United, who we all know are playing very poorly at the moment, they will face an arguably tougher test on the weekend, playing a rested and galvanised Fulham side at the Cottage.

leonffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 08, 2014, 07:55:13 AM
A win is a win, and a winning mentallity installs confidence.

Exactly why I said we should have played a strong team vs Norwich because we had a week to rest (going back to my other rants in other posts before and after saturdays game)  092.gif

We would have been going in on the back of two wins

Max Headroom

Matt Inglis

Sunderland always do something great then something terrible.
They beat Newcastle, then lost to Hull.
They beat Man City, then lost to Stoke and didn't win any of their next 4 either.
Then they come from behind to beat Chelsea and go on to draw with Norwich and lose to Everton.
They fight back against Cardiff then can't get anything against Villa at home.
Now they've beaten United, it's too clear what happens next. COYW!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

leonffc

Quote from: Max Headroom on January 08, 2014, 04:10:12 PM
Will fletcher be fit?

Ive just had a nose on a couple of their forums and a few a named him in their team or on the bench so I'm pressuming so.

They havent said a lot more, most think they will win, some are going for a draw and a couple are realists. I'll leave all that to TerryR later in the week.

Admin

How I see this game;

Regardless whether Sunderland won, lost or drew with United, we still need to win, however high / low their confidence is.

If anything, this game will be a test of character to Fulham, and not only will it be a welcomed 3 points, but a clear indication of where our season is going, and what fight there is in us.

Fine, if Sunderland come to the Cottage brimming with confidence, we'll just have to get on with it, ride the storm, and tactically beat them.

This is football, right?

Forever Fulham

I don't know what people see in Cleverly.  I think he is a mediocre player at best.  And Welbeck--not good enough.   

Count Berbatov

I never rated Welbeck but because he's from Manchester, home grown boy he got ahead of Berbatov, Hernandez.. Fergie really pushed him. Even when he had something like 1 goal in almost the entire season.
Cleverley is another one.. Politics! Well, we're paying for it now, dearly
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"