more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris David delighted by Fulham debut

Started by Bobby2012, January 09, 2014, 10:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby2012

Monday 6 January 2014 09:29

Chris David voiced his delight at being one of four debutants for Fulham in the 1-1 draw at Norwich City on Saturday afternoon.

The Dutchman, along with Lasse Vigen Christensen and Ange-Freddy Plumain, has been a regular for Kit Symons' high-flying Under-21 side this season, and the trio impressed on their Fulham bows in the FA Cup with Budweiser clash.

"Anyone that has been following the Under-21 games this season will know that we're in first place and we're unbeaten, and that's because we have a lot of good players," David said. "Now we've been given an opportunity by the new Head Coach which is good because it shows that we're doing well.

"At our age we're always trying to improve and show what we're capable of. Hopefully we can continue to do that."

David was set up in central midfield alongside Derek Boateng and was a real bright spark in the engine room, combining work rate with a smart range of passing – an attribute that was most evident when he set up Darren Bent for the game's opening goal.

"I was very happy to have an assist on my debut," he admitted. "I was glad I was able to deliver a good ball and Darren did very well to get on the end of it and score with a nice header.

"Over the 90 minutes, I think both teams had their chances so a draw was an honest result. I was happy to make my debut and although I'd hoped to win, we had to settle for a draw so hopefully we'll win at home when we play them in the Replay."

The rematch on Tuesday 14th January will potentially provide David, amongst others, with the opportunity to sample First Team football at Craven Cottage for the first time, and the 20-year-old is keen to build on Saturday's impressive display.

"Of course, I'd like to feature again in the Replay," he said. "After making your debut you get a taste for it and after this game I want to play more and get as many minutes as possible. Obviously that's the Head Coach's decision, though, as he decides who plays, but I hope I showed him on Saturday what I'm capable of doing. Now I have to train hard and we will see."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/06/debutants-delight

JackyFulham90

Looks a very promising player, he can become a regular for us before the end of the season

MJG

Not in the U21 team last night so looks like he will have a role on Saturday, suspect as sub.