more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (09/01/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 09, 2014, 08:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham target needs persuading to join

Fulham transfer tarSMkget Simon Makienok still needs some persuasion before he decides to join the Craven Cottage club, according to The Independent.

Before leaving his current club Brøndby, the 6 foot 7 marksman wants reassurances about Fulham's Premier League future, and for Rene Meulensteen to map out the club's long term plan.

The Danish target man has £3.3 million price-tag, and has emerged as Fulham's main January transfer target.

Berbatov

It is thought that Makienok is seen as a replacement for Dimitar Berbatov, if the enigmatic Bulgarian leaves during this transfer window.

Makienok's agent Michael Stensgaard said the six-cap Denmark forward is in "no rush" to leave Brøndby, and is currently fixed to a "long-term" contract.

"Obviously there is interest from a number of sources and not just from England," Stensgaard told Press Association Sport, as reported by The Independent.

"We will wait to see what happens in the coming window, and then perhaps again in the summer. We have a very good dialogue with Brøndby and we are in no rush. So we will make a decision to suit all parties."

No panic

Makienok has scored six goals in 12 outings for Brøndby this term, taking his tally to 26 in 48 appearances since arriving in March 2012.

A number of Premier League managers are confident that his towering frame would suit the English game's physicality, with Meulensteen believed to be chief among them. Stensgaard however pointed out any potential transfer must allow Makienok to take a significant step forward in his career.

He added, "It's very important for Simon to make the right move. But there is no panic and no rush. If the right offer comes along then we will take a look at it. We would need to look carefully to ensure any club can help him reach his potential.

"We have set our specific criteria, and I'm sure Brøndby have done the same for themselves, in terms of the fee they would expect."

http://www.touchlinetalk.com/fulham-target-needs-persuading-join/81595/?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Sunderland – Premier League preview

Fulham will hope to register back-to-back home wins for the first time this season when struggling Sunderland visit Craven Cottage on Saturday.

The Whites edged past fellow relegation candidates West Ham United in their last home game. Mohamed Diame put the Hammers ahead, but goals from Steve Sidwell and Dimitar Berbatov sealed the three points and moved Rene Meulensteen's side up to 16th in the Premier League.

However, Sunderland are on a high after gaining wins over Carlisle United and Manchester United in the FA Cup and League Cup respectively. Gus Poyet's Black Cats will be keen to see their winning form apply itself to the Premier League on Saturday.

Surprisingly, given their league position, Sunderland are in the midst of a strong spell of away form. The Mackems were the only team to take three Premier League points from Goodison Park in 2013 and are unbeaten in their last four league outings picking up points at Aston Villa, West Ham and Cardiff – the latter a spirited late comeback from 2-0 down in Wales.

However, Fulham have lost just one of their last five Premier League matches against Sunderland and will be full of confidence themselves having won two of their last three at the Cottage.

Loan signing Clint Dempsey could make his second home debut at Craven Cottage this weekend. The last time the American wore Fulham colours in SW6, he struck a 25-yard free-kick past Simon Mignolet to help the Whites towards a 2-1 win over Sunderland. Dempsey scored against Tottenham Hotspur on his first full home debut for Fulham.

Pajtim Kasami scored the only goal of the game as Fulham emerged victorious from the Stadium of Light on the first day of the season. Both teams have appeared to have been revitalised by new managers since – but who will be celebrating come Saturday evening?

Key stat

Dimitar Berbatov has scored nine goals in his last nine Premier League appearances in the month of January. The Bulgarian hitman is 2.60 to strike at anytime on Saturday.

Team news

Team news to follow...

http://blog.marathonbet.com/?p=9003

WhiteJC

Under-21s: Fulham v Arsenal - Preview

Arsenal Under-21s begin 2014 with a short trip across London to Motspur Park to play Fulham in the U21 Premier League Cup as they look to continue their strong start to the season.

Steve Gatting's side have already played the Cottagers this season, a goalless draw back in September. However, the Gunners will be hoping to produce an improved attacking display on Thursday.

A home tie against Chelsea in the quarter-finals awaits the winners and defender Semi Ajayi feels the team are capable of going deep into the latter stages of the competition.

"Fulham are a strong team but I'm confident we can do well and get to the next round," he told Arsenal.com. "We had a little slip up against Sunderland but other than that the team's been playing really well this season so I don't see why we can't do well in every competition we enter.

"It was a tough game when we played there in September and we had to defend very well to get the draw, but this game will be different because it's a cup tie."

Ajayi has held down a regular starting place in the under-21s since he joined from Charlton last summer and is satisfied with how his Arsenal career has gone.

"The aim when I first came here was always to cement my place in the under-21s team and then try to push on after that," he said. "I'm pleased with how things are going but I need to make sure I keep doing the right things.

"I've settled in really well. All the lads have been really welcoming to me and made it easy to settle in. I'm starting to settle in and get used to my surroundings. I think the coaches are getting to know me more. I'm enjoying my football right now and I think my form is good."

After their shock 5-1 defeat at home to Sunderland, Gatting's side responded well against champions Manchester United and were unlucky not snatch three points after missing a host of chances at the end. But Ajayi thinks the Gunners have built a solid platform to challenge for the league this year.

"I think we were pretty disappointed not to win it [against Man United] because we had the chances," he said. "Other than the penalty I can't remember United creating any chances and I thought we dominated for long spells of the game.

"We've got quite a few games in hand in the league so hopefully after the turn of the year when we catch up with our games in hand we can close the gap to the top."

We will have live tweets from Motspur Park from 6.55pm (UK time) on the @Arsenal account.

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1314/pre/reserves/50841/under-21s-fulham-v-arsenal-preview?

WhiteJC

Everton man could join Whites after rejecting West Ham – report

Fulham could sign John Heitinga from Everton, according to The Sun.

He recently rejected a transfer to West Ham but it is claimed that Whites boss Rene Meulensteen's good relationship with Heitinga's agent Rob Jansen means the Dutch defender, 30, may end up moving to Craven Cottage.

Heitinga, who is hoping to be selected for the World Cup in Brazil, has not made a Premier League appearance this season and Everton are reportedly willing to let him leave for £1m.

Jansen is quoted as saying: "It's been frustrating this season. Johnny wants to go to Brazil and the only way that will happen is if he plays regularly."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/everton-man-could-join-whites-after-rejecting-west-ham-report

WhiteJC

U21s In Cup Action

Fulham Under-21s play their first competitive match in almost a month when they welcome Arsenal to Motspur Park on Thursday evening (7pm).

The Gunners arrive for the Round of 16 tie in the U21 Premier League Cup having narrowly seen off Norwich City 1-0 at Carrow Road back in November.

Benik Afobe scored the decisive goal on the stroke of half-time, and the London outfit had goalkeeper Matt Macey to thank for ensuring safe passage to the next round as he repelled all that the Canaries threw at him.

Former Fulham loanee Emmanuel Frimpong played the full 90 in that match and could feature again upon his return to Motspur, while Ryo Miyaichi is another familiar name who has been a regular starter for the Under-21s.

Furthermore, England international Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain returned to full training this week and so the cup tie could be used as an opportunity for him to build some match fitness.

Kit Symons' boys secured their spot in the last 16 with a comprehensive, albeit late, 3-0 victory away to Aston Villa, with Moussa Dembélé (2) and Ange-Freddy Plumain on target.

Fulham's four debutants in Saturday's FA Cup with Budweiser draw at Norwich was indicative of how our U21 side has fared this season, with Chris David, Plumain and Lasse Vigen Christensen all key figures in Symons' squad.

The Whites currently top the pile in the standings, and midfielder Vigen Christensen admitted it would be ideal if their cup form complemented their league ambitions.

"Cup games are different," he told fulhamfc.com. "There's that extra importance because you can have one bad game and then you're out. There's a bit more to play for in that sense.

"It's good experience for us and it gives us something to focus on alongside our league commitments. We'll definitely be striving for a win against Arsenal because it would be great to go on a cup run."

Season Ticket Holders will be given complimentary access to this game on production of a valid Season Ticket Card.

Club Members and all other supporters must pay (Adults £3, Under 16s/Over 65s £1) for entry.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/09/u21s-in-cup-action?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Who's Fulham United, do they play in the West Middlesex Sunday league "

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 09, 2014, 08:50:02 AM

Foppe involved with Meulensteen course

Foppe assisting with Meulensteen coaching course Dutch Football

Renowned football academy Meulensteen are presenting a series of four Dutch Football symposiums around South Africa in January and February 2014.

Based on the methods and philosophy of Dutch coach Rene Meulensteen, currently head coach at Fulham United, and formerly an assistant coach to Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, the symposiums will focus in particular on improving coaching strategies around one-on-one situations.

Former Ajax Cape Town coach Foppe de Haan will present lectures as well as on-field training drills throughout all the course dates.

The costs of the course vary from venue to venue, for more information visit www.socceractive.com.

Course dates and venues:
25 January: Johannesburg, Wits University/Bidvest Wits training ground
26 January: Durban, Moses Mabida Stadium/AmaZulu Training Ground (TBC)
1 February: Cape Town, Athlone Stadium
15 February: Polokwane, University of Limpopo

http://www.kickoff.com/news/40328/foppe-assisting-with-meulensteen-coaching-course-dutch-football?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

farfouille

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 09, 2014, 06:56:46 PM
Who's Fulham United, do they play in the West Middlesex Sunday league "

Apparently, that's short for "Fulham Football Club managed by a coach from Manchester United".
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen