watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for tomorrow

Started by Riverside, January 10, 2014, 11:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

If Stockdale doesnt start tommorow just because Stekelenburg is fit, I can see him leaving this summer. No way to treat someone, "sorry lad youve done well, but Stek's fit you see". Hes been put through that his whole time hear and has done well, its really the time to see if he really is up to Prem standard.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

callumc513

Quote from: epsomraver on January 10, 2014, 01:38:38 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on January 10, 2014, 01:30:19 PM
i think hangeland amorebieta would work. amorebieta's passing is class.

Really! fp.gif

Yes, really. He's one of the best passers in the team.

FPT

I wouldn't play Brede Hangeland if he isn't 100% fit, we can't deal with him being risked out again.

I'd go for:

-------------Stockdale
Riether Senderos Amorebieta Riise
---------------Parker
------Sidwell------Karagounis
Dejagah---------------------Taarabt
--------------Berbatov

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree Amorbieta's problem is certainly not in his passing.... yes he does lump it up field too often imo, but he can pass the ball 60 yards as well.... vicious circle

no way should Stek start.... would be really disappointed if he does. Taarabt, Karagounis, and Berbatov all need to play imo, I would be worried throwing Burn into our biggest game of the season.

Stockdale
Reither Senderos Amorbieta Riise
      Parker Sidwell Karagounis
Dejegah                       Taarabt
              Berbatov

mangoputney

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 10, 2014, 03:47:48 PM
I agree Amorbieta's problem is certainly not in his passing.... yes he does lump it up field too often imo, but he can pass the ball 60 yards as well.... vicious circle

no way should Stek start.... would be really disappointed if he does. Taarabt, Karagounis, and Berbatov all need to play imo, I would be worried throwing Burn into our biggest game of the season.

Stockdale
              Berbatov

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

epsomraver

Quote from: callumc513 on January 10, 2014, 03:13:16 PM

Really! fp.gif

not from where I sit he isn't he has been a let down so far, prefer Senderos out there to him, are you going tomorrow?

Deanothefulhamfan

Epsom why the continuous bashing of people attending games, and not attending games? Some people are in other country's and have to rely on streaming. Does that make us any less of a fan? Yes we may see game's differently, but we are all entitled to our opinion.

I think Amorebieta is a great passer of the ball for what it's worth, not many other's can ping a 60 yard ball in our team... It would be interesting to see his passing stats... where is FPT when you need him.

For the record I would have Senderos over him as well

callumc513

Quote from: epsomraver on January 10, 2014, 05:41:27 PM

Really! fp.gif

not from where I sit he isn't he has been a let down so far, prefer Senderos out there to him, are you going tomorrow?

I'm not actually, I'm at university currently so am unable to attend every home game. If you're insinuating that this makes me less of a fan than those that attend every game, that's arguable. However, I fail to see how going to every game live gives you a better view of a player's passing ability. You would be making a fair point if referring to off the ball movement et al as this can be difficult to analyse when not at a live game as you can not always have a view of every player on a TV screen, yet surely when a player is passing the ball, the camera is with the player basically 100% of the time?

Tomo

Personally I think we've got to go for it tomorrow so I'll go for,

Stockdale
Riether
Burn
Hughes
Riise

Parker
Sidwell

Dejagah
Dempsey
Kacaniklic

Berbatov

In a 4-2-3-1 formation with Hangeland coming on for Burn and Taraabt for Berbatov / Dempsey.

All in all, should win 3-1 tomorrow.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

KP_FFC

Really! fp.gif

i agree with Zu-Meister and callum, amore's passing is fantastic especially his long balls into and around the box. but this isn't surprising considering he played for Athletic Bilbao for 17 years.

Forever Fulham

If Dempsey and Berbatov are playing next to each other, would you rather have Duff sending in centering passes from the right, or have Dejagah running around?  Ashkan gives us a longer running motor and the potential to create opportunity from havoc, but Duff can still make space for himself in his runs to drop nice passes in the center.  Which is worth more, if Dempsey and Berbatov are there?

PokerMatt

Quote from: KP_FFC on January 10, 2014, 06:37:42 PM

Really! fp.gif

i agree with Zu-Meister and callum, amore's passing is fantastic especially his long balls into and around the box. but this isn't surprising considering he played for Athletic Bilbao for 17 years.

Agree with this. I've said the same before that he can really help turn defence into attack with his distribution. The Villa game (I think) showed this best as he fizzed so many balls into the middle for Berba and the midfield to turn quickly and move into the space. He;s like a fit and healthy Hangeland in that respect.

I'm also sick of the "were you there?" viewpoint. It's getting very tiresome. I last had a season ticket in 08/09 - since then money and now work and money have stopped me being able to go to most games. I still consider myself a Fulham supporter and I still think my view is valid even if I'm not at the ground every week.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Scrumpy

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 10, 2014, 03:47:48 PM

Stockdale
              Berbatov

Yep, that would be my team too. I love the three warriors in the middle and agree with another poster that we will always have enough going forward to score a goal or two. It's too early to risk Brede, and Dan Burn should be held over for the Norwich replay. I am not a massive Stockdale fan but he did not put a foot wrong in his last game so should keep the jersey.

Play this team, and I reckon we'll win.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fernhurst

Will be very interested find out the starting eleven tomorrow,BUT, I have a orrible feeling regarding the result.

Still ...   Always been a pessimist.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

IranianCottager

I personally wouldn't risk Hangeland, we will need him in the long run. And I'm not sure Stek will make it, but if he does:

My line-up:
--------------------Stekelenburg--------------------
-Riether------Senderos---Amorebieta------Riise-
----------------Parker-------Sidwell----------------
-Dejagah-------------Taarabt----------Kacaniklic-
-----------------------Berbatov---------------------

Bench:
Stockdale, Hughes, Karagounis, Duff, Kasami, Dempsey, Rodallega

premFlem

Create some width... push forward and get some people into the box... at the back dont let anyone through.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

filham

Rene has made changes for almost every game, I am not sure what his strongest team is and I am not sure that he is sure what his strongest team is. I do know that we have a jittery defence but with the players available it seems all we can do about that is cross our fingers and hope that a low scoring Sunderland let us off the hook.
Probable line up:-

?
Reither           ?                          ?                  ?

?                   Parker     ?                   ?

?
                                  ?

The good news is that Sunderland will have no more idea than me what our team will be.