watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referee was determined to make Fulham lose

Started by Nick Bateman, January 11, 2014, 06:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

That was the worst refereeing display I have ever sen in my 50 years of following Fulham Dean was clearly bent today yet he will still be in the premiership next season unfortunately weay not!
If I had seen him outside afterwards I would most probably be in the police cells now to say I am angry is an understatement :028:

SP

Gus Poyet & his management team were constantly on the referees back & they did nothing about it.  Sidwells very soft booking was a clear result of another barrage of abuse from the Sunderland bench. Effing & blinding & the 4th official did nothing.

Sgt Fulham

Now you bring my attention to it, for the Borini dive, why on earth didn't the linesman notify the referee? He had a clear view of it and anybody could see that it was a dive. He dived about 1 second after Riise had gone past him ffs. What are linesmen even for? Flagging offside I guess but they even get that wrong frequently.

Denver Fulham

Fulham weren't good enough today, point blank.

That said, Dean was the worst performer on the pitch. You could argue fairly convincingly that his officiating errors were directly responsible for three of Sunderland's goals. Johnson dove to get his free kick. Riise never made contact with Borini(?) for the second free kick they scored on (although it was a fairly reckless challenge, so I'm not livid a foul was called). Altidore's penalty was a dive. Two Fulham players immediately signaled to Dean for a yellow card for simulation. He leaped in the air before any contact from Senderos. It was ridiculous.

Fulham were of Chammpionship-quality today, but the referee should have been in the Blue Square Premier. He totally stank.

ToodlesMcToot

The refereeing was pretty darned bad, but at least Dean got his poor performance out of the way in a game where it didn't matter what he did.

We seemed determined to give that game away and succeeded.

I like Dempsey and I like that he's back at Fulham, but we are in dire straights defensively right now. Richardson should be playing in front of Riise for my money. He's the only LM with any defensive chops. He can cross decently and his speed and ability to get to the end line would have pinned in Bardsley and forced Johnson to at least consider some consequence to his runs forward.

Are we still sure that the first half of the season was ALL Jol's fault???
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Toby Ward-Smith

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1912418-referee-mike-dean-seems-upset-when-swansea-attack-stopped-vs-manchester-united      Mike Dean once again put in the most ridiculous referring display today at the Cottage almost every Fulham fan have made complaints on the fans forums complaining of such a horrific display: 1. for the 2 dives of which got Sunderland two freekicks which they scored from and 2. the decision firstly not to send of Lee Cattermole for a studs up tackle on Parker instead it went against the whites. From the start of the game time after time Mike Dean looked like he was biased for Sunderland and therefore gave Fulham no chance of winning. I'm not saying that this is an excuse for our poor display but it turned the game and gave Sunderland a 2 goal margin of which they didn't deserve. Useless referees are constantly robbing innocent teams of points and the fans the feeling of safety and respect not feeling like the ref was against your own club. It is disgraceful and I talk on behalf of the Fulham fans and possibly many other football fans that poor refs need to be disciplined for example relegation of division or banned from reffing a particular club of which they were biased against. We as fans should be able to sit down when home and be disappointed that we just weren't good enough to win the game not that we had points taken from us because of poor reffing decisions on more than a number of occasions in matches it isn't just the odd mistake. The link shows the display of Mike Dean in the fa cup United against Swansea game in which he looks angry because Swansea lost the ball. This needs to be sorted with. Diving and poor reffing.

grandad

We used to have an advertising board which had "Dean´s Blinds" Could we find it a alter it slightly to state "Dean´s Blind"
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: Neil D on January 11, 2014, 08:13:15 PM

Quote from: Logicalman on January 11, 2014, 07:02:53 PM

The penalty was a penalty, notwithstanding Altidore managed to make it appear to be a trip rather than the leg in the midriff.
Yes it was a penalty.  I was right in line with it and Senderos's effort was clumsy and unnecessary.  That said, at least he wasn't out of position for a change.

So was I and we all around thought he dived and Dean was going to book him for it

epsomraver

Quote from: grandad on January 11, 2014, 08:59:20 PM
We used to have an advertising board which had "Dean´s Blinds" Could we find it a alter it slightly to state "Dean´s Blind"

Well remembered!

win-dup

Of course!! what a revelation - it was all the referees fault. Probably the same at Hull where the horribly biased referee allowed them to score six goals. How about instead it was the useless Berbatov, Taarabt and Bent who cost us?

epsomraver

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on January 11, 2014, 08:58:30 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1912418-referee-mike-dean-seems-upset-when-swansea-attack-stopped-vs-manchester-united      Mike Dean once again put in the most ridiculous referring display today at the Cottage almost every Fulham fan have made complaints on the fans forums complaining of such a horrific display: 1. for the 2 dives of which got Sunderland two freekicks which they scored from and 2. the decision firstly not to send of Lee Cattermole for a studs up tackle on Parker instead it went against the whites. From the start of the game time after time Mike Dean looked like he was biased for Sunderland and therefore gave Fulham no chance of winning. I'm not saying that this is an excuse for our poor display but it turned the game and gave Sunderland a 2 goal margin of which they didn't deserve. Useless referees are constantly robbing innocent teams of points and the fans the feeling of safety and respect not feeling like the ref was against your own club. It is disgraceful and I talk on behalf of the Fulham fans and possibly many other football fans that poor refs need to be disciplined for example relegation of division or banned from reffing a particular club of which they were biased against. We as fans should be able to sit down when home and be disappointed that we just weren't good enough to win the game not that we had points taken from us because of poor reffing decisions on more than a number of occasions in matches it isn't just the odd mistake. The link shows the display of Mike Dean in the fa cup United against Swansea game in which he looks angry because Swansea lost the ball. This needs to be sorted with. Diving and poor reffing.

Crikey i got out of breath reading that, how about a few commas?

epsomraver

Quote from: win-dup on January 11, 2014, 09:07:12 PM
Of course!! what a revelation - it was all the referees fault. Probably the same at Hull where the horribly biased referee allowed them to score six goals. How about instead it was the useless Berbatov, Taarabt and Bent who cost us?

If you were there which i doubt you would have seen the poor display by Dean aided Sunderland beyond belief

win-dup

Quote from: epsomraver on January 11, 2014, 09:08:50 PM
Quote from: win-dup on January 11, 2014, 09:07:12 PM

If you were there which i doubt you would have seen the poor display by Dean aided Sunderland beyond belief

of course I was there. Aided them?yes but to 4-1 not in a million years. we were crap.

GrahamG

We are in real denial if we are blaming the ref for OUR diabolical performance. I actually thought that Riise was lucky to not get sent off for his ridiculous 'challenge' that led to their 2nd goal. The ref didn't cause our defence to go into panic mode every time they attacked. And YES it was a penalty. Senderos and a few others should never play again for us. Parker and Sidwell aside we were pathetic today.

Sgt Fulham

If Riise had made contact then it could have been a red card, yes. But in reality he did not make contact, not even nearly, and thus rolling on the ground after diving was pathetic from Borini. What enrages me more is that Borini was trying to get Riise sent off by suggesting there was contact.

GrahamG

And Riise was trying to kick him into the Johnny Haynes stand. IF he didn't touch him then the intent was certainly there. An absolutely appalling challenge.

Sgt Fulham

Yes but the point is that he DIDN'T make contact with the player and the player made out that there was to gain an unfair advantage. Poor tackle, but if the player hadn't have dived then a free kick would not have been given, and therefore it was poor refereeing.

hovewhite

It seems to me we are our own worst enimies,we have a keeper who's not good enough in stockdale,we give free kicks away in stupid positions and we have no clue how to defend..
And the refs are dodgy.

Burt

Regardless of the ref, we conceded poor goals today. Particularly the first two. They were avoidable. The ref didn't help, but our defending was worse.