more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent arguing with Fulham fans

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, January 11, 2014, 11:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on January 12, 2014, 07:05:05 AM
By the look of it, hes driving an stops to get out of the car to confront a fan about swearing, after his missus has already shouted "get out of the flipping way." which is why the fan objected to the confrontation about swearing if his missus has already sworn in the car...

Bit of double standards by Darren, bit of passion shown and boiling over to the point of inappropriateness by the fans.. from what I can draw from it.

Then again, if he showed more passion on the pitch the fan may have nothing to swear about

No, they deliberately went down to the carpark to bait the players, they said so theirselves on Twitter.

Nero

Quote from: spikey norman on January 12, 2014, 12:09:28 AM
In defence of Darren as a person during the warm up one of his shots went a bit astray and hit someone in the Hammy end and he went over and told the the fan that after the match he would give the fan his shirt - lovely gesture and the first I have seen like this
So well done Darren

The way he's been shooting this season the club shop must be doing a roaring trade in shirts

Putney

1) How much Darren Bent earns is completely irrelevant. Some guy approaches him acting all hard, full well knowing that he can pretty much do or say whatever he likes as Bent is in the public spotlight, unlike him who'll go back to his sad little life. Nothing to see here other than some fan wanting his 5 minutes of fame which he'll life off for the rest of his life.

2) It's quite amusing how people on an internet forum are calling social media users 'moronic bores' with 'meaningless lives'. Social media is great and has far better uses than posting about what you had for dinner.

SKSW6

No one comes out of this looking good. If the fan felt the need to abuse anyone, at least it was a player who doesn't start games and is only here on loan. Villa fans on twitter were saying he's an awful player to have when you're in a relegation scrap, he just goes missing. We should just cut our losses and send him back.

JBH

Quote from: Putney on January 12, 2014, 10:57:54 AM
1) How much Darren Bent earns is completely irrelevant. Some guy approaches him acting all hard, full well knowing that he can pretty much do or say whatever he likes as Bent is in the public spotlight, unlike him who'll go back to his sad little life. Nothing to see here other than some fan wanting his 5 minutes of fame which he'll life off for the rest of his life.

2) It's quite amusing how people on an internet forum are calling social media users 'moronic bores' with 'meaningless lives'. Social media is great and has far better uses than posting about what you had for dinner.

Different sort of platform as this is usually specifically for FFC related issues were as twitter is for people that want to tell you there every move and personally if for example someone swore at me I wouldn't think it necessary for the world to know :028:

kiwiwaka

'Fans' sticking around however long to abuse someone in front of their kids? Pathetic move.

MJG

Quote from: Admin on January 12, 2014, 09:16:56 AM
Quote from: aaronmcguigan on January 12, 2014, 07:05:05 AM
By the look of it, hes driving an stops to get out of the car to confront a fan about swearing, after his missus has already shouted "get out of the flipping way." which is why the fan objected to the confrontation about swearing if his missus has already sworn in the car...

Bit of double standards by Darren, bit of passion shown and boiling over to the point of inappropriateness by the fans.. from what I can draw from it.

Then again, if he showed more passion on the pitch the fan may have nothing to swear about

No, they deliberately went down to the carpark to bait the players, they said so theirselves on Twitter.
that's exactly what they did.

Logicalman

Quote from: Jambo on January 12, 2014, 12:27:41 AM
Wow, what a complete non event and evidence of fans trying to stir it up.  Millionaire or not I would object to anyone swearing in front of my kids.  Well done Darren.

I get that, but once Bent told him to stop swearing in front of the kids, the guy then asked about his wife's (swearing - by inference), to which Bent appears to reply 'Watch Out'.

Pity Bent cannot show as much effort and passion on the pitch as he does when challenged off it!!

Riversider

Let's get it right the situation started with Bent's wife screaming "Get out the Fcuking way " , it then appears to have escalated from there,
Darren Bent, one of the biggest waste of spaces ever on a Fulham pay roll, if there was any way whatsoever that Rene could send him back to Villa I'm convinced he would have done by now,
In 5 months time the season is over and when it is so is Bent's career , after Villa and now Fulham I can't see another top flight club touching him with a barge pole, look out America "Bent out of shape, is on his way "
Good riddance !

Admin

Quote from: Riversider on January 12, 2014, 02:18:53 PM
Let's get it right the situation started with Bent's wife screaming "Get out the Fcuking way " , it then appears to have escalated from there,
Darren Bent, one of the biggest waste of spaces ever on a Fulham pay roll, if there was any way whatsoever that Rene could send him back to Villa I'm convinced he would have done by now,
In 5 months time the season is over and when it is so is Bent's career , after Villa and now Fulham I can't see another top flight club touching him with a barge pole, look out America "Bent out of shape, is on his way "
Good riddance !

Hold on, 3 or 4 of the Youth made it their god given right to go into the players private car park, which was planned, which I assume is at the school, which is also off limits to the public, to stand in front of Darren Bent's car, possibly hurl abuse at him, with his wife, his kids who rightly become a bit intimidated, possibly scared. I think she did well just to swear, and Darren not to chin the idiots. I'm sorry, I don't care how useless Darren Bent is to Fulham, you don't go invading peoples space like then expect to come out a saint. I really hope the club collar these prats, I really do.    

MJG

I have quite a bit of abuse (but more support) for saying he should be banned after admitting he went to the car park to abuse the players.  Seems some of you here think its OK as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Riversider

Utter rubbish, they wouldn't have been stood inside the school as there are security men stood at the entrance, they would have stood on the path as the cars came out,
It's about time some Fulham fans grew some boll**ks and let some of our over paid! under achieving players know what they think,
Shame it wasn't Stockdale !

win-dup

Quote from: Admin on January 12, 2014, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 12, 2014, 02:18:53 PM
Good riddance !

Hold on, 3 or 4 of the Youth made it their god given right to go into the players private car park, which was planned, which I assume is at the school, which is also off limits to the public, to stand in front of Darren Bent's car, possibly hurl abuse at him, with his wife, his kids who rightly become a bit intimidated, possibly scared. I think she did well just to swear, and Darren not to chin the idiots. I'm sorry, I don't care how useless Darren Bent is to Fulham, you don't go invading peoples space like then expect to come out a saint. I really hope the club collar these prats, I really do.    

amen to that. And send the useless lump back to Villa. Truly one of the worse ever players to put on a Fulham shirt.

Admin

Quote from: Riversider on January 12, 2014, 02:36:42 PM
Utter rubbish, they wouldn't have been stood inside the school as there are security men stood at the entrance, they would have stood on the path as the cars came out,
It's about time some Fulham fans grew some boll**ks and let some of our over paid! under achieving players know what they think,
Shame it wasn't Stockdale !

So, they were standing across the entrance then, therefor not letting Darren, his wife and his kids leave at their own will, whilst hurling abuse. You can try and paint a pretty picture about this as much as you like, but it won't stand up. The idiot that did it, not only made a fool of himself, but also plastered his name across Twitter and and other social media sites branding himself a hero. If the club get involved, the only thing he'll be branding is a ban.

Pluto

Quote from: MJG on January 12, 2014, 02:34:54 PM
I have quite a bit of abuse (but more support) for saying he should be banned after admitting he went to the car park to abuse the players.  Seems some of you here think its OK as well.

Saw the conversation and agree with you completely. These 'fans' don't have half a brain cell between them and it pains me to see them associated with our club.

K33NY

I saw your discussion with im on Twitter, ans I allso responded, but tbh this guy, no matter if he is here on the forum or not, is an embarrasement for the rest of the Fulham fans!

SKSW6

Bent's kids weren't with him and the fans didn't block the entrance. I think it was stupid to go looking for the players after the game, but lets at least get the facts right.

RaySmith

We don't want these people at Fulham they are the lowest of the low.

Obviously, it's not the point whether Bent is worth his wages or a good player, though imo he hasn't been given a fair chance on which to judge him,but he just seems another scapegoat for the mindless to abuse, and this  abuse while with his family is totally out of order.

And this sot of abuse is hardly likely to make him play better for the club is it?

This incident sickens me far more than the  bad result.

MJG

Quote from: Pluto on January 12, 2014, 02:58:31 PM
I have quite a bit of abuse (but more support) for saying he should be banned after admitting he went to the car park to abuse the players.  Seems some of you here think its OK as well.

Saw the conversation and agree with you completely. These 'fans' don't have half a brain cell between them and it pains me to see them associated with our club.
He's now telling me that 'abuse' meant 'Wind -up'. Also they all seem to think my issue is with it being about Bent and £50 etc. its not.

Its the intent to go to the car park to confront/abuse/wind-up the players. Keep it in the ground at least.

Another thing that makes me laugh is all the 'younger' fans supporting him make a big deal of having photo's with their hero's on their social media.
One minute 'Can i have photo' to the next being 'Feck off your crap'

Pluto

Quote from: RaySmith on January 12, 2014, 03:05:06 PM
We don't want these people at Fulham they are the lowest of the low.

Obviously, it's not the point whether Bent is worth his wages or a good player, though imo he hasn't been given a fair chance on which to judge him,but he just seems another scapegoat for the mindless to abuse, and this  abuse while with his family is totally out of order.

And this sot of abuse is hardly likely to make him play better for the club is it?

This incident sickens me far more than the  bad result.

:plus one: exactly! As if people abusing his family in the name of our club is going to make him play better for us. Completely counter productive.

Thankfully it seems that most of us on FoF are of a better ilk