watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan Burn to return to Birmingham after cup game

Started by Zu-Meister, January 10, 2014, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

TWFL

Quote from: epsomraver on January 11, 2014, 12:14:10 PM
didn't see that Norwich had 8 changes from their first team, Wolfswinkle and co played, sure you are not thinking us?
Wolfswinkel is the only one you can name because the rest of their team were certainly not the main 1st team.

Everyone who is declaring how great Dan Burn is, did you actually see him play versus Norwich or are you taking Gentleman's Jim word for it? Sending him back to Birmingham is for the best, he gets guaranteed 1st team game time which is what he needs at this age.

Him and Hangeland are very similar players in that they need a marker alongside them whilst they are allowed to go out and attack the ball. Playing them together wouldn't work which means he'd sit on the bench hence the loan back to Birmingham. My reckoning is that he'll be in the 1st team as of next season.

epsomraver

Quote from: TWFL on January 11, 2014, 12:20:44 PM
didn't see that Norwich had 8 changes from their first team, Wolfswinkle and co played, sure you are not thinking us?
Wolfswinkel is the only one you can name because the rest of their team were certainly not the main 1st team.

Everyone who is declaring how great Dan Burn is, did you actually see him play versus Norwich or are you taking Gentleman's Jim word for it? Sending him back to Birmingham is for the best, he gets guaranteed 1st team game time which is what he needs at this age.

Him and Hangeland are very similar players in that they need a marker alongside them whilst they are allowed to go out and attack the ball. Playing them together wouldn't work which means he'd sit on the bench hence the loan back to Birmingham. My reckoning is that he'll be in the 1st team as of next season.

Yes I did go to Norwich and see him play  and get your facts right

Martin Olsson, Bennet, Snodgrass  bassong  Van w Elmander and murphy all played and also featured in their game against Man U, just off to tjhe game , are you?

GloucesterWhite

No, we had 9. They made 8 changes (although their goal scorer whose name escapes me is a normal first team choice but was returning from injury and therefore counted a s a change). Burn did well and did all that was asked of him. Not his fault he was playing some 18 year olds. All I am saying is I'm not getting too excited on the basis of one match. Hopefully he will be regular next year, but not sure I would be happy if he was thrown in the deep end this year.

Northern Cottager

Rene needs to rethink this after watching today's repeat, pants performance from our back 4. Shocking.

Luffy86

Jamie88

Funny how people have changed their opinions on this since the full time whistle. It would have been a joke of a decision imo anyway

epsomraver

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on January 11, 2014, 01:25:37 PM
No, we had 9. They made 8 changes (although their goal scorer whose name escapes me is a normal first team choice but was returning from injury and therefore counted a s a change). Burn did well and did all that was asked of him. Not his fault he was playing some 18 year olds. All I am saying is I'm not getting too excited on the basis of one match. Hopefully he will be regular next year, but not sure I would be happy if he was thrown in the deep end this year.
Martin Olsson, Bennet, Snodgrass  bassong  Van w Elmander and murphy all played and also featured in their game against Man U

see above they had 8 first team players out there, hardly the reserves.

Jack Fulham

He won't play for Fulham this season after the cup game regardless of whether people think he is better. I'd rather he got first team games at Birmingham than sit on the bench here. I'm sure we will see a massive reshuffle in defence come the summer.

Bassey the warrior

I'd keep him around until we get someone of real quality in, but if we do that send him out on loan so he can become a regular next season. This kind of pressure will only hinder him. Imagine if he makes mistakes and people get on his back? That kind of confidence shattering will be difficult to handle at such a young age.