more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham must sack Rene Meulensteen

Started by Admin, January 13, 2014, 02:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

http://www.givemesport.com/418654-fulham-must-sack-rene-meulensteen?autoplay=on

Sometimes great coaches do not make good managers. Les Reed for example was an awful manager at Charlton. He was a good coach however and since 2010 he has been a great Head of Football development at Southampton helping to guide through a number of players to the first team.

Another great coach who is not a very good manager is Rene Meulensteen. A coach at Manchester United, Meulensteen was well thought of by any number of players but his brief stints in management have been less than successful.

Meulensteen lasted six months at Brondby before coming to an ignominious end. The Dutchman is remembered more for his unusual training techniques than his results.
These techniques included jumping out at players in training and shouting boo whilst juggling and his equally bizarre imagine what type of animal you are pre-match chats.

I mention Meulensteen's previous managerial failures because however, brief a period of time they represent they provide important background to explain help Fulham's poor form.

During Meulensteen's managerial tenure at Fulham he has been in charge for eight games that is 24 possible points. Meulensteen has only been able to guide his side six points.
More than the six defeats themselves is the manner of the defeats.

Fulham have lost 4-1 at home to Sunderland. They account for six out of Hull's 22 goals or 27% of Hull's goals and have also been thrashed by Everton and Manchester City.

To put this in context previous manager Martin Jol averaged one point a game this season. Meulensteen averages less than a point a game.

Fulham's survival rests on getting their January recruitment right. It would be foolish to allow a novice like Meulensteen to do this. Fulham should sack him now and appoint either Alan Curbishley or Ray Wilkins who are both already coaching at Craven Cottage. It might be harsh but it is the smart choice.

rusty shackleford

Whenever I see shite journalism that cant even get the facts right I stop reading he article.

Here its where we have 6 points from 24 when in fact we got 9

Lighthouse

Well yes this makes the sort of sense I imagine Jol agreeing with. I think we stick with the coach and hope for some financial backing. Yes I know but we can dream.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TheManOnTheBus

And I am annoyed that I clicked on the link and got an advert.  These sites are funded by advertisng that they serve up - I indavertently contributed to it!

PokerMatt

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on January 13, 2014, 03:09:12 PM
And I am annoyed that I clicked on the link and got an advert.  These sites are funded by advertisng that they serve up - I indavertently contributed to it!

What a hilarious load of tripe that article is, for the reasons stated above. It's based on facts that he got wrong - it takes a split-second to total up 3x3 and he somehow made 6.

Give Me Sport? Give me strength  fp.gif
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Jem

"Sack Rene", "linked with Nani". You couldn't make it up...........but then again, perhaps they did! Journalist are about as good as our politicians.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2014, 03:04:45 PM
Well yes this makes the sort of sense I imagine Jol agreeing with. I think we stick with the coach and hope for some financial backing. Yes I know but we can dream.

Exactly. The author writes off a newbie, who is yet to spend any money bringing in his own players, then proceeds to recommend two people who haven't managed for a long long time.

The Equalizer

A terrible article. He had no help at Brondby as they were in utter turmoil at the time. The same with Anzhi Makarena, he turned up as manager, then he was made redundant about 12 days later.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Scrumpy

As a certain grandmother would say......

"What a load of old sh1t!"
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

EJL

"ignominious"

Big word for an equally massive bellend.

grandad

I wannabe a journo. If they can spout such drivel & still get paid it must be a good job. I could do it whilst lazing by my pool or while out shopping or in our local bar. I would not even have to know anything about the team I was writing an article on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Barrie

Even if he is isn't up to the job, which may prove to be the case, I don't see that making another change now would help.  So rubbish journalism, but I think we should see where we are at the end of the season and go from there.

epsomraver

really surprised you  bothered to cut and paste this shite on your forum mate, does it no justice at all.

Bedford White

Anyone know who this "jurno" is? I have a suspicion that Ray Wilkins wrote it...  :005:

filham

OK we don't like the article but it is already crunch time for Rene, he just has to do something positive to tighten up our defence or we may as well start building a young team for next season's championship.

Wimbledon_White

Anyone else beginning to think that Wilkins and Curbishley (Asst) are Rene's take-out?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 13, 2014, 06:30:59 PM
Anyone else beginning to think that Wilkins and Curbishley (Asst) are Rene's take-out?

If by "take-out" you meant replacement, I thought that from the first moment I heard Curbs had been signed.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on January 13, 2014, 03:09:12 PM
And I am annoyed that I clicked on the link and got an advert.  These sites are funded by advertisng that they serve up - I indavertently contributed to it!

Haha, its like leaving food for the ants that colonise your garden.

Furby

Here's his profile, as you can see he has a couple of achievements. After this article he'll be getting his burger flipping star from Mcdonalds.
http://www.football.co.uk/profiles/writers/adam_page_5311.shtml

Pluto

Moronic article but I do worry that by the end of the season it might not seem so. Have a sneaky feeling a few of us might be echoing these sentiments if things don't improve.