more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Same team for Arsenal please.

Started by Sgt Fulham, January 14, 2014, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 14, 2014, 10:08:29 PM
Agreed but I would put Parker in place of Sidwell.... and Riise in place of Richardson. Other then that I would go with the team tonight.

Even more stupid, drop Richardson for Riise?!? Richardson is the best of a poor bunch, but Riise is the worst of the poor bunch. Just look at Sunderlands 3rd goal for proof.

MJG

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 14, 2014, 11:07:49 PM
There is no way Bent will start Saturday, I would expect Duff, Dempsey, Berbatov & Parker to return. Do I agree with this? No, but it will happen
sad but very true. I

DevonFFC

I find myself getting fustrated with kaca, he never drives and goes past a man, he will often do lots of step overs but very little end product in my opinion.
He got his head up well for the goal but if he could just get a defender to commit as he drives for the box I think he would be far more dangerous

Lighthouse

Why would anybody want Berbatov and Duff to ever start another game for Fulham? Arsenal are a quick attacking side. So lets put up front the slowest forward in the league and the slowest winger. Just in case we ever see the ball let's make sure we have no way of keeping it out of danger and we have no get out clause.

Sadly I believe they will return.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

24Dejagacaniklic31

what does my name say? play the lads

Arthur

Quote from: epsomraver on January 14, 2014, 11:12:59 PM
What a stupid suggestion, drop sidwell!!!!

No, we've not anyone to replace him. And yet we ought to have. Relying on a midfield player who scores more goals than he makes decent passes is not the best way to get the points we need.

Arthur

Quote from: Furby on January 14, 2014, 11:18:11 PM
Quote from: Tooting legend on January 14, 2014, 10:08:29 PM
Agreed but I would put Parker in place of Sidwell.... and Riise in place of Richardson. Other then that I would go with the team tonight.

Even more stupid, drop Richardson for Riise?!? Richardson is the best of a poor bunch, but Riise is the worst of the poor bunch. Just look at Sunderlands 3rd goal for proof.

Ah yes, the chance exactly like the one for which Richardson was caught out in the second minute tonight. Fortunately for him, unlike Stockdale, Stekelenburg didn't let the shot go through his legs.

I pray we can sign a left-back before the weekend.

MJG

Parker in for Karagounis and I'd be happy with that as a starting lineup

JackyFulham90

I think there will be a few disappointed people Saturday.

I think Saturday the team will be

Stekelenburg
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Riise
                  Parker Sidwell
Duff                    Dempsey              Richardson
                             Berbatov

I would also play the team from last night but I reckon that team I just showed will be very close to the team that plays against Arsenal

TonyGilroy

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 15, 2014, 08:28:07 AM

Stekelenburg
                 Parker Sidwell
Duff                    Dempsey              Richardson
                            Berbatov

I would also play the team from last night but I reckon that team I just showed will be very close to the team that plays against Arsenal

FPT's team above is the one I'd pick but I fear that you may well be right.

This is a major test for me of how much faith to have in Muelensteen. The shape of the team last night was right. There was pace, energy, movement off the ball, no nonsense defending and cover from midfield.

If Burn isn't ready now he never will be - he looks like the real deal to me. If this is the type of team Rene wants then the purported interest in Fletcher and Nani make sense. Wingers and a target man.

Amorbieta may be our best option at left back but in no way will he and/or Senderos cope with Arsenal. Of course we'll probably lose but last night's team will give it a go, try to defend properly and also set Arsenal problems.

Count Berbatov

Anyone care to make this more interesting?
How about, we all post our predictions. At the end whoever gets the closest to the actual lineup gets to ban one poster of his choice for a period of one week.
Mods?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

FFCAli

Quote from: ollienixs on January 14, 2014, 11:52:35 PM
I find myself getting fustrated with kaca,....... if he could just get a defender to commit as he drives for the box I think he would be far more dangerous
Haven't we had a couple of penalties recently when he got a defender to commit as he drives in the box? 
And I too would like to see last night's team, with Parker for Karagounis, on Saturday although I'd worry about the lack of pace in central defence.

Forever Fulham

Dempsey as attacking mid?  Might work.
Giroud isn't that fast, but he's big.  Who best to defend him?

Count Berbatov

I
Quote from: FFCAli on January 15, 2014, 10:46:22 AM
Quote from: ollienixs on January 14, 2014, 11:52:35 PMI find myself getting fustrated with kaca,....... if he could just get a defender to commit as he drives for the box I think he would be far more dangerous
Haven't we had a couple of penalties recently when he got a defender to commit as he drives in the box?  
And I too would like to see last night's team, with Parker for Karagounis, on Saturday although I'd worry about the lack of pace in central defence.
Yes. He has been very good at those. Usually half chances where he gets the most out of.
It usually goes like that. The ball is cleared from a corner or a free kick. Gets to Berba. Kaca lurking somewhere on the side, gets full speed at the CB covering him, knowing Berba 's flick will find him.
If he's lucky, he gets behind the CB, face to face with the goalie. If there's no clear shot, he drops down in front of the closest defender in sight :-)
Watch them do the routine again this weekend
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

mccscratch

I do not remotely think Burn is ready to face Arsenal... they play too much through the middle and he is not ready to defend that type of intricate quick one touch play... you can't have two towering CBs both with limited foot skill at the back vs Arsenal... Hughes needs to be in there with Hangers...

Also think Dejagah deserves the start... Kaca may stay wide and got lucky a few times with some dribbles staying on his feet but I am not sure he is the best option (still love the kid)... I certainly don't want Berba playing unless he promises to stay up top and actually run a bit...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Snibbo

I'll be shot down I know but ...... I think Senderos could do a good job on Giroud. His best performances (and there have been several good ones) have been against big, traditional centre forwards.

Classic94

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 15, 2014, 08:28:07 AM

Stekelenburg
                 Parker Sidwell
Duff                    Dempsey              Richardson
                            Berbatov

Yeah I hope not. Duff should never start another game for us, especially over Dejagah. He has been a great servant but is now well past his best. As many have the said, the key against Norwich was width and pace. There is no need to revert back to a failed system.