News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I did not want to hijack the Darren bent thread, in similar vein...

Started by jarv, January 16, 2014, 04:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

I like the fact that Bent was watched closely, it helps to really see what a player is doing.

I just got back from UK and was at the Sunderland game, oh dear. I was at the Putney end and from behind the goal watched our 2 central defenders with focus just on them occasionally. They were both clueless, could not read the game but even worse, made it so easy for Sunderland to get 11 behind the ball, due to having no idea where to play it. When in possesion, ahead I could see multiple players taking up good positions and they both seemed to take about 5 touches, pass ti to a midfielder who now has nowhere to go except sideways or backwards.

It rarely happened when H and H were there.

The midfield isn't the problem, the back 4 is (well, 3 of them on that day).

Count Berbatov

Good points about the defense. We know that is what went wrong. How is this related to Bent? He's not at fault for the goals
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

btings

I think the point was about scrutiny (which Bent attracts), not Bent per se.