watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - So Whats the deal with Hull?

Started by Admin, January 16, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

The owner is threating to leave due to the name change, but they just gone and spend another 7 million on Shane Long, and a supposed 6.5 on Jelavic. This doesn't seem to be a club in turmoil, but one who are taking steps to improve their squad. I read the other day that Hull are around 70 million pounds in debt, are they not aware what happened to them last time?

As much as I don't want Fulham to be like this, it does annoy me that we just don't go out and get our business done.     

Bedford White

:plus one:  totally agree its frustrating having to sit by and watch the competition get stronger year after year, while our squad grows progressively weaker at the equal rate.

There is at least the comfort in knowing our finances are in good shape and we aren't spending more than we can possible ever earn in genuine revenue.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Admin on January 16, 2014, 05:32:58 PM
The owner is threating to leave due to the name change, but they just gone and spend another 7 million on Shane Long, and a supposed 6.5 on Jelavic. This doesn't seem to be a club in turmoil, but one who are taking steps to improve their squad.

Spending absurdly on marginal talents isn't the way to "improve your club" anywhere outside of the immediate short term. I trust Fulham will do some proper business this window.

sumofallparts

Shane Long - marginal talent?
I would disagree with this.

K33NY

Quote from: Admin on January 16, 2014, 05:32:58 PM
The owner is threating to leave due to the name change, but they just gone and spend another 7 million on Shane Long, and a supposed 6.5 on Jelavic. This doesn't seem to be a club in turmoil, but one who are taking steps to improve their squad. I read the other day that Hull are around 70 million pounds in debt, are they not aware what happened to them last time?

As much as I don't want Fulham to be like this, it does annoy me that we just don't go out and get our business done.     

A owner threathen to leave? It isnt just that easy to leave is it? Dont there have to be a concertium and someone to take over ownership and all that stuff, if they find a better owner they are better off anyways? Okey he spits in money to the club, but personally I think he seems a bit, lost upside

JDH101

The players we are being linked with are far better than the 2 they have spent a lot of money on. We are halfway through the month, its clear we are putting bids out there. For now, I'm ok with how things are shaping up. If, at the end of the month we have 2 or 3 players from the following, then I would be very happy with our business in the window.

Morrison, Diame, Nani, Dembele.

Admin

Quote from: JDH101 on January 16, 2014, 07:11:03 PM
The players we are being linked with are far better than the 2 they have spent a lot of money on. We are halfway through the month, its clear we are putting bids out there. For now, I'm ok with how things are shaping up. If, at the end of the month we have 2 or 3 players from the following, then I would be very happy with our business in the window.

I'd harbour a bet with you now, that by the end of January, we won't end up with a single one of those players. Possibly Morrison at a push, but that's a big push after Rene' opened his trap about the whole dealings. 

JDH101

Quote from: Admin on January 16, 2014, 07:44:35 PM

I'd harbour a bet with you now, that by the end of January, we won't end up with a single one of those players. Possibly Morrison at a push, but that's a big push after Rene' opened his trap about the whole dealings. 

I've been a Fulham fan for well over 35 years. Deep down I know you are right. But new owner & new manager means we at least have to give them the chance to prove us wrong! So I'm staying positive until Feb 1 and we'll see how things look then.

Admin

Quote from: JDH101 on January 16, 2014, 08:02:52 PM
Quote from: Admin on January 16, 2014, 07:44:35 PM

I've been a Fulham fan for well over 35 years. Deep down I know you are right. But new owner & new manager means we at least have to give them the chance to prove us wrong! So I'm staying positive until Feb 1 and we'll see how things look then.

Yes sorry, like you, I've been a fan for 30+ years now. I wasn't trying to be negative, just more realistic. 

Denver Fulham

Quote from: sumofallparts on January 16, 2014, 06:45:37 PM
Shane Long - marginal talent?
I would disagree with this.

Long has 19 goals in 81 Prem appearances (60 starts) for WBA. You don't pay 7m for that. That's ridiculous.