more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (17/01/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 16, 2014, 07:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Arsenal In Crisis as Injury Count Rises to Eight Ahead of Fulham Clash

Arsenal have a major injury crisis ahead of their game against Fulham with almost eight players seemingly unavailable for the game.

The likes of Aaron Ramsey, Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky, Nicklas Bendtner, Theo Walcott, Nacho Monreal, Abou Diaby and Thomas Vermaelen are all a bit short for the game, leaving the Gunners with little options to choose from.

Rosicky, who broke his nose against Aston Villa may play with a mask but is unlikely to be risked given the current state of the Arsenal line-up with regards to injuries.

Diaby and Walcott have been ruled out of the season with knee injuries while Ramsey, Arsenal's top scorer this season, has been out for almost a month with a thigh strain.

Arteta is also unavailable for Fulham and is likely to be available only after their fourth round game against Coventry City in the FA Cup, The manager is likely to persist with the same squad which started against Villa with Lukas Podolski likely to get a chance after missing out in the last game. 

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is also back to full fitness but is likely to start from the bench before being gradually eased into the team. Wenger confirmed that he is unlikely to risk any player and will give them the time they need to recuperate before a gruelling run of fixtures in February and March.

"Monreal looks a doubt for Saturday, a big doubt, because he twisted his foot on the kick. It is not the bruise, he turned and twisted the ligament. Rosicky had surgery with a general anaesthetic for a broken nose in two places. With a mask he may be available, but we have to monitor it closely," Wenger told www.arsenal.com.

"Ramsey and Arteta are both out for this game. Vermaelen too. I personally believe the three will miss the Coventry game as well and will be available after that. Bendtner has a little chance to make Coventry. But in all probability it will be after that," he concluded.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arsenal-crisis-injury-count-rises-eight-ahead-fulham-clash-1432647?

WhiteJC

Fulham have quality to survive without new transfers, says Meulensteen

Manager Rene Meulensteen maintains Fulham already have enough quality in their squad to secure Premier League survival, even if they are not able to bring in any of their transfer targets - but will not be making any more comments over potential new recruits like he did with West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison.

West Ham reported their west London rivals to the Premier League following comments from Meulensteen after his side's FA Cup replay win over Norwich on Tuesday, where he revealed a bid had been made and claimed Morrison wanted to move to Craven Cottage.

The Dutchman was understandably cautious to say any more on the matter at his press conference on Thursday afternoon ahead of the trip to Arsenal.

Fulham are currently in 16th, but just a point above the drop zone following last weekend's 4-1 home drubbing by Sunderland and could do with some reinforcements.

Meulensteen, however, insists if no business can be done this month, then they will just have to get on with it.

"Yes I think we have enough quality in there. Not only that, but there's been great application by the lads. I can't fault the application and the desire these boys show every day in training," Meulensteen said.

"I am still trying to find the right cards, but I have seen a lot of positive things.

"If we become more solid, we have already proven we have got enough going forward.

"With the introduction of some younger players, you can already see there is quality and energy there.

"They are not the finished article, but you can throw them in when you have to."

Meulensteen, though, will not be drawn on who else might be on Fulham's radar.

When asked about any targets the club might have, he said: "I am not going to make any comments on [transfers] because it is going to get me into trouble.

"It is wiser at this moment in time that we are not going to comment on anything that is happening in regards to any transfer news or speculation.

"Things are in hand with the club, with [chief executive] Alistair Mackintosh."

With Morrison's contract at West Ham still having 18 months remaining, the east London club's complaint is likely to surround Premier League rulings which relate to a club making an approach for a player under contract or the player, or his representative, approaching clubs in the hope of instigating a possible transfer.

Asked if there had been any formal communication from the Premier League, Fulham's communications director Sarah Brookes stated: "We have only seen what you have seen. Up until anything further can be said, we will be making no further comment."

Morrison, meanwhile, seemed to refute recent suggestions he wants to leave West Ham.

Having earlier tweeted to suggest reports surrounding his future, including some which hinted that he may go on strike to push through a move, were "lies", he told the club's official website: "Although it is frustrating to read some of the reports in the media, I always try to keep my focus on the next game and show people with my performances on the pitch that I want to do well for West Ham.

"I've been working really hard over the past few weeks to get back to full fitness after missing a couple of recent games with a groin injury.

"I'm feeling fine now and I'm hoping to be involved in Saturday's important game with Newcastle and then the Capital One Cup semi-final with Manchester City on Tuesday."

West Ham assistant manager Neil McDonald took the Irons' press conference on Thursday, standing in for manager Sam Allardyce, who was said to be busy with transfer business of his own amid reports of a bid for Southampton forward Rickie Lambert.

McDonald stressed Morrison was happy at Upton Park and claimed reports the player threatened to go on strike to force a move were "news to me".

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_have_quality_to_survive_without_new_transfers_says_meulensteen_1_3214193

WhiteJC

Fulham calm Dimitar Berbatov exit talk

Fulham have insisted to the Independent that reported Arsenal target Dimitar Berbatov is not set to leave the club.

Berbatov, 32, has been linked with a move away from Fulham after his agent, Emil Dantchev, told Press Association Sport that he is "not happy" at Craven Cottage.

The Gunners, who are short on options up front, have been mooted as interested in the Bulgarian, although their manager Arsene Wenger said he is "not a name that we have considered at the moment."

Asked about the speculation, Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen, who has been reluctant to discuss deals since voicing his interest in West Ham's Ravel Morrison, said: "No. There is no problem at all, he is a Fulham player."

The Independent also reports that "a Fulham spokesman said there had been no contact."

Berbatov signed for Fulham from Manchester United in 2012 and has since scored 19 Premier League goals for the club.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1683842?&cc=5739

WhiteJC

ARSENAL V FULHAM

Before every Arsenal fixture, we'll bring you a Scouting Report on the Gunners' next opponents.

Fulham are the visitors to Emirates Stadium in the Premier League on Saturday, to find out more we asked tactical expert Michael Cox and journalist Giuseppe Muro.

MICHAEL COX
Fulham are arguably the most unpredictable side in the Premier League this season, having managed five wins, 14 defeats and no draws in their previous 19 matches.

There's a consistent pattern to their performance against top-half sides, however: they're yet to gain a single point from these contests.

Rene Meulensteen's appointment hasn't changed the basic structure of the side, although Fulham have become open and adventurous compared to the Martin Jol era. They're dominating possession more regularly, although the Cottagers have often struggled to convert this into goals - last week at home to Sunderland, they had 59 per cent of possession but lost 4-1.

Indeed, in recent years Fulham have been more effective playing on the break. Under Roy Hodgson, they were cautious and reactive but hit the opposition extremely quickly when possession was won.

Fulham's starting XI usually has the highest average age in the division, and it's doubtful whether they can compete in exciting, open games of football against superior sides - they might lack the stamina.

Meulensteen's major concern is at the back, where Fulham have kept just one clean sheet in the eight games since the Dutchman took charge. Conceding 10 goals against Hull and Sunderland, among the division's least prolific sides, was particularly alarming.

Meulensteen has tried all three combinations involving Aaron Hughes, Philippe Senderos and Fernando Amorebieta, with little success. Former Arsenal centre back Senderos was not at his best against Sunderland and so may miss out on Saturday, with Hughes sweeping up behind the more impetuous, rugged Amorebieta.

The potential return of captain Brede Hangeland is a reason to be positive - he'd relish a battle against Olivier Giroud.
In midfield, Meulensteen protects the defence with two hard-working midfield battlers. Steve Sidwell and Scott Parker get through a similar amount of defensive work, Sidwell to the left and Parker to the right, and they take it in turns to venture forward into attack.

Up front, Meulensteen has favoured Adel Taarabt just behind Dimitar Berbatov. They're one of the Premier League's most talented forward duos, but surely the most leisurely, too - don't expect much pressing.

Taarabt can drive forward powerfully from midfield, while Berbatov's touch can be magnificent, but he's often caught offside, so a high defensive line makes sense for Arsenal on Saturday.

GIUSEPPE MURO, LONDON EVENING STANDARD
Fulham got off to a really good start under Rene Meulensteen, they were on a downward spiral under Martin Jol and a change needed to be made.

Since he took over their results have improved. In his first game against Tottenham they were unlucky to lose after going 1-0 up and Spurs scored a couple of long-range goals. But the signs were there in that game that the team had a lot more fighting spirit.

In the next game they beat Aston Villa at home. But since then it's been bit up and down. They were beaten 4-1 by Sunderland last weekend and after playing well for the first 20 minutes, Meulensteen was really disappointed with how his team capitulated.

But they bounced back again with a 3-0 win over Norwich City in the FA Cup on Tuesday so you just don't know what side is going to turn up.

If Fulham turn up and play to their potential at the Emirates then there is every chance they will cause Arsenal problems. But it wouldn't surprise me if the Gunners had a comfortable afternoon.

Since Meulensteen took charge he's tinkered with their midfield formation. He is now playing Scott Parker, Steve Sidwell and Giorgios Karagounis as a midfield three and they complement each other really well. Karagounis has been sitting deep with Parker which has allowed Sidwell to get forward a little bit more and he's scored three in his last three.

Obviously, on his day, Dimitar Berbatov is a really good player. It hasn't really happened for him this season but as an ex-Spurs player I'm sure he will be determined to do well on Saturday.

At the back, the captain Brede Hangeland has just returned after 10 weeks on the sidelines so that's a big boost for them. Against Norwich they partnered him with a young defender called Dan Burn who they've just recalled from a loan spell at Birmingham. The 21-year-old has done well in the Championship this season and he has done really well in the games that he's played in. I think there's every chance that he will be given his first Premier League start on Saturday.

The one thing that Fulham players have been saying about Meulensteen since he's taken over is that he does set them up to win every game. Whether that will be true of an away game against a team that is top of the Premier League... I don't know. I suspect they will play five in midfield and try and frustrate Arsenal.

I'm sure the Cottagers will fancy their chances of getting something out of the game but I think we will see a home win.

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source

http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/arsenal-v-fulham?

WhiteJC

Arsenal - Fulham Preview: Cottagers out to end 110-year hoodoo

The west Londoners have never won away to their capital rivals and Rene Meulensteen's men, who have leaked goals since his appointment, face a stern test against the league leaders

Fulham face the enormous challenge of defying almost 110 years of history when they visit Arsenal in the Premier League on Saturday.

The two London clubs first met in an FA Cup tie in 1904, when Arsenal's 3-2 victory set the tone for future meetings.

In the 26 fixtures at Arsenal since then, Fulham have never won, suffering 21 defeats along the way.

And the task awaiting them this weekend is no less daunting than usual, with Arsene Wenger's side sitting top of the Premier League, unbeaten at home in the league since the opening day.

Defensive solidity has been a hallmark of Arsenal's success at the Emirates Stadium this term, with just six goals conceded in 10 Premier League matches.

Fulham let in six in their last away league match, when they were hammered at Hull City, although the Premier League win over West Ham and FA Cup triumph versus Norwich City have since lifted the spirits of Rene Meulensteen's men, who head across the capital one point and two places above the relegation zone.

The Dutch coach was boosted by the long-awaited return of defender Brede Hangeland in Tuesday's 3-0 FA Cup third-round replay win over Norwich.

The Norway international had been out since October with a sciatic nerve problem, but helped the side to a first clean sheet in eight matches.

Arsenal have had injury problems to contend with, too, and Theo Walcott, who has undergone surgery on his anterior cruciate knee ligament, will not play again this season.

Walcott joins the likes of Mikel Arteta (calf), Nicklas Bendtner (ankle), Aaron Ramsey (thigh) and Thomas Vermaelen on the sidelines.

Midfielder Tomas Rosicky had an operation on his broken nose and may play with the aid of a mask, while Nacho Monreal (foot) is, in the words of Wenger, "a big doubt".

Arsenal were 3-1 winners at Craven Cottage in August and this will be their 200th London derby in the Premier League.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/109474/arsenal-fc-vs-fulham/preview

WhiteJC

Premier League: Arsenal v Fulham match preview

Those waiting for Arsenal's usual mid-season capitulation are yet to see anything materialise. Arsene Wenger's side are top of the table and in fine form, winning their last four.

Even when struck with a setback, in the form of a 6 – 3 defeat to Manchester City, Arsenal have bounced back, winning four of their next five. It is Manchester City who are treading on Arsene Wenger's long coattails, and the Gunners' boss knows that anything but victory against Fulham will likely surrender their lead in the league.

Fulham have the worst defence in the division, and Arsenal's brand of attacking football brings goals; they have only failed to score twice in the league this season. The loss of Walcott to injury will be a blow, but there is more than enough strength in depth to cope at the Emirates. Walcott's set back will give a chance to explosive youngster Serge Gnabry who will look to cement his place in the first team.

While Arsenal are succeeding in not capitulating, Fulham suffered a disastrous result last week. A 4-1 home defeat to fellow relegation candidates Sunderland was the worst possible outcome for Rene Meulensteen's side.

The scoreline was perhaps a little harsh on the Londoners though, and some confidence will be restored following a midweek cup win. The match will also give Dimitar Berbatov the chance to impress at the Emirates, the forward being heavily linked with the Gunners over the past few weeks.

KICK-OFF: Saturday, 3pm

PAST THREE MEETINGS:

Fulham 1 (Bent) Arsenal 3 (Giroud, Podolski 2) Premier League, August 2013

Fulham 0 Arsenal 1 (Mertesacker), Premier League, April 2013

Arsenal 3 (Giroud 2, Podolski), Fulham 3 (Berbatov 2, Kacaniklic), Premier League, November 2012

STATS:

Fulham have the worst defensive record in the league, they've conceded the most goals and only kept a clean sheet in 14% of their games.

Arsenal have not lost to a London team so far this season.

Fulham have only drawn one game this season.

ODDS...

Arsenal to win: 1.22

Fulham to win: 13.0

Draw: 6.0

TV: Highlights on BBC1 at 10.20pm.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-arsenal-v-fulham-match-preview-9066304.html

WhiteJC

Don't Miss Out!

Don't miss out on catching the Whites for the remainder of this season, get access to match tickets by signing up to a Faithful Membership!

Upgrade to a Faithful Membership today; supporters with six or more loyalty points are able to purchase tickets for the Whites' match against Liverpool on Wednesday 12th February (8pm)!

With tickets for the Whites' match against Chelsea (Saturday 1st March, 3pm) going on sale soon too, buying your Membership today will give you exclusive access to match tickets alongside our Season Ticket Holders, for the remainder of the 2013/14 campaign.

Membership starts from £20 for adults is just £5 for juniors, and depending on your choice of package you'll also enjoy a number of other benefits and rewards throughout the remainder of the 2013/14 campaign - so make sure you don't miss out!

Find out more and buy online at fulhamfc.com/membership today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/17/dont-miss-out?

WhiteJC

Trotta admits he snubbed Championship & foreign offers to repay Brentford

Fulham striker Marcello Trotta revealed that he turned down offers from the Championship and abroad in order to repay Brentford.

The Italian missed a crucial penalty against Doncaster last season that prevented the Bees from reaching the Championship.

He returned on loan and has recently produced a string of fine performances, being on the scoresheet in four of the last five games.

"It was down to me what I wanted to do," he said. "There were a few clubs at a higher level – from the Championship and abroad as well - who were interested, but I decided to stay here.

He added: "I think I have to give something back to the club – to everyone.

"I'm happy I made that decision and it's going well for me."

Trotta admitted that nobody would forget his penalty miss but was grateful for the supporters who believed in him and is desperate to give them something to shout about this season.

"Last year was a big part of my career," he added.

"I don't think anybody will forget how it ended and I have to say thanks to the club for getting me back and I just want to pay something back to the fans – and to everyone who believed in me.

"I think last year I gave good quality and I think this year I'm in very good shape now, so I just want to keep going like this."

During this spell, Trotta has had to cope with a change of manager with Uwe Rosler departing for Wigan and sporting director Mark Warburton coming in as manager.

And Trotta does not think there is much difference between the two.

He said: "They are both very different managers [Rosler and Warburton] but in the end, I think both are going to win games. They try to play football."

The Bees travel to Walsall tomorrow and Trotta is confident that the League One leaders, who have won 13 of their last 14 games, can extend their winning run.

"Walsall are a very good club," he said. "We respect them and I think we try to our game as usual and we'll see how it goes.

"Every game is different, bit we'll look at their strengths and ours to see how we can win the game."

The promotion race appears to be between Brentford, Leyton Orient and Wolves at the moment with Preston slightly behind.

But Trotta is only focused on the next game.

"I don't know how many teams are in the promotion race," he explained. "There's a long way until the end of the season.

"We just need to win the games and see where we are."

http://www.london24.com/sport/trotta_admits_he_snubbed_championship_foreign_offers_to_repay_brentford_1_3214403

WhiteJC

Arsenal Transfer News: Dimitar Berbatov and Paul-Georges Ntep Reports Rubbished

Arsenal have not made a move for Dimitar Berbatov or Paul-Georges Ntep this winter despite reports linking both forwards with a switch to North London.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger addressed the rumours in Friday's press conference, according to the club's official website:

Simon Rice of the Independent had earlier reported a Fulham spokesperson saying that "no contact has been made" regarding the services of their Bulgarian attacker, while Auxerre president Guy Cotret insists a deal hasn't been cut to sell Ntep.

Per the Daily Star's Colin Harvey, Cotret states: "It's nothing. There is no agreement with Arsenal. There is nothing at all. Arsenal has not even expressed an interest in our club. We just received an offer for the player and it was Rennes."

Goal.com's Wayne Veysey backs up recent reports saying that no interest is held in Berbatov:

Arsenal's need for added firepower in attack has led to sources suggesting the club have their eyes on targets both young and old this winter, with Ntep and Berbatov representing two particular assets at opposite ends of their careers.

The 21-year-old Auxerre starlet has scored 10 goals in 20 starts for his Ligue 2 side this term, per Transfermarkt, earning him some glowing reports in his native France.

Meanwhile, Berbatov has grabbed four goals from 16 Premier League outings, per Transfermarkt.

Furthermore, per Rice's report, the Bulgarian has been alleged to be looking for the Craven Cottage exit this month.

Rice writes:

The Gunners will have an opportunity to get a closer look at the former Manchester United forward on Saturday when Fulham visit the Emirates.

It will also be a chance for Berbatov, whose contract runs out at the end of the season, to show off his talents. However, Meulensteen insists the 32-year-old will be focused on his current club.

Meanwhile, the Mirror's Cross isn't entirely convinced by the veteran's credentials:

Olivier Giroud has taken the brunt of the striking responsibilities under Wenger this season, and appeared to have found a slightly surprising source of cover following an upward turn in form from the returned Nicklas Bendtner.

However, after scoring two goals in his eight league appearances—only one of which was a start—the Danish international picked up an injury and is out until February.

What's more, Wenger's hopes of maintaining a rampage toward the Premier League title were rocked after Theo Walcott suffered a season-ending knee injury that's set to keep him out of the World Cup, per BBC Sport.

Arsenal have a dilemma on their hands in terms of what to target. On one hand, a splurge on the same scale as Mesut Ozil's £42.5 million arrival could ensure that their hunt for silverware goes to plan, but the winter period is notorious for its lack of market value.

On the other, the North Londoners could organise a short-term deal. However, any asset brought in by these means is likely to provide little more than cover, putting the season's title hopes at bigger risk.

As the most experienced manager in the division, Wenger is undoubtedly one of the best men for the job in terms of coping with the conundrum. However, it's still a lot of pressure for the Frenchman to cope with as the timer ticks down on Arsenal's recruitment chances.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1926741-arsenal-transfer-news-dimitar-berbatov-and-paul-georges-ntep-reports-rubbished?

WhiteJC

Cup Tickets On General Sale

We travel to Bramall Lane to play Sheffield United on Sunday 26th January (1pm) and tickets are now available to purchase on General Sale.

Season Ticket Holders can attend the match for just £10 for adults* and £5 for under-16s, whilst non-Season Ticket Holders can buy their tickets for £15 for adults and £5 for juniors.

Supporters can purchase up to six tickets each online or by calling the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234.

While this is a cup game, the Club will be extending the Premier League offer of free coach travel to Bramall Lane. Travel reservations will continue to be made available at the same time as match tickets and places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis to any supporters who have purchased a ticket for the game. For more information and to book your place please call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234.

Buy your tickets today and get behind the team as we look to make it through to the Fifth Round of the FA Cup with Budweiser.

More Information

*NB: Season Ticket Holders can purchase their own ticket at the reduced rate of £10. Five additional tickets can also be purchased, but for these to be bought at the reduced rate, the fans they are being purchased for must be linked using our Friends and Family feature.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/17/cup-tickets-on-general-sale?

WhiteJC

Arsenal & Tottenham Hotspur target still waiting on exit offer

Berba braced for offers (©GettyImages)

Fulham coach Rene Meulensteen has insisted that he has not received a single bid for unsettled striker Dimitar Berbatov as Premier League rivals Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur continue to ponder a cut-price January bid.

Berbatov has been consistently linked with a move across London to either Arsenal or Spurs before the transfer window closes, as the Bulgarian hitman enters the final few months of his deal at Craven Cottage.

Meulensteen remains adamant that he has not received an official approach for his star striker though, adamant that Fulham expect to keep Berbatov until at least this summer to aid their fight for Premier League survival.

He told The Independent: "No. There is no problem at all, he is a Fulham player."

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has also poured scorn on a potential bid for Berbatov as Arsenal prepare to host Fulham at the Emirates tomorrow, claiming that while he is an admirer of the ex-United marksman he will not be looking to add the 32-year-old to his attacking options.

He told reporters at his pre-match press conference:  "Do I rate Berbatov as a player? Highly. Have we made any approach to sign him? No."

Wenger will get another chance to watch Berbartov up close and personal tomorrow afternoon, when Fulham's talisman will look to add to a goal tally of five in 17 against the league leaders.

http://www.givemesport.com/420531-arsenal-tottenham-hotspur-target-still-waiting-on-exit-offer?autoplay=on

WhiteJC

Arsenal v Fulham: Cottagers already have squad capable of survival claims Rene Meulensteen, despite making move for Ravel Morrison

Fulham are being investigated over claims of tapping up the West Ham player

Manager Rene Meulensteen maintains Fulham already have enough quality in their squad to secure Barclays Premier League survival, even if they are not able to bring in any of their transfer targets - but will not be making any more comments over potential new recruits like he did with West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison.

West Ham reported their west London rivals to the Premier League following comments from Meulensteen after his side's FA Cup replay win over Norwich on Tuesday, where he revealed a bid had been made and claimed Morrison wanted to move to Craven Cottage.

The Dutchman was understandably cautious to say any more on the matter at his press conference on Thursday afternoon ahead of the trip to Arsenal.

Fulham are currently in 16th, but just a point above the drop zone following last weekend's 4-1 home drubbing by Sunderland and could do with some reinforcements.

Meulensteen, however, insists if no business can be done this month, then they will just have to get on with it.

"Yes I think we have enough quality in there. Not only that, but there's been great application by the lads. I can't fault the application and the desire these boys show every day in training," Meulensteen said.

"I am still trying to find the right cards, but I have seen a lot of positive things.

"If we become more solid, we have already proven we have got enough going forward.

"With the introduction of some younger players, you can already see there is quality and energy there.

"They are not the finished article, but you can throw them in when you have to."

Meulensteen, though, will not be drawn on who else might be on Fulham's radar.

When asked about any targets the club might have, he said: "I am not going to make any comments on (transfers) because it is going to get me into trouble.

"It is wiser at this moment in time that we are not going to comment on anything that is happening in regards to any transfer news or speculation.

"Things are in hand with the club, with (chief executive) Alistair Mackintosh."

With Morrison's contract at West Ham still having 18 months remaining, the east London club's complaint is likely to surround Premier League rulings which relate to a club making an approach for a player under contract or the player, or his representative, approaching clubs in the hope of instigating a possible transfer.

Asked if there had been any formal communication from the Premier League, Fulham's communications director Sarah Brookes stated: "We have only seen what you have seen. Up until anything further can be said, we will be making no further comment."

Morrison, meanwhile, seemed to refute recent suggestions he wants to leave West Ham.

Having earlier tweeted to suggest reports surrounding his future, including some which hinted that he may go on strike to push through a move, were "lies", he told the club's official website: "Although it is frustrating to read some of the reports in the media, I always try to keep my focus on the next game and show people with my performances on the pitch that I want to do well for West Ham.

"I've been working really hard over the past few weeks to get back to full fitness after missing a couple of recent games with a groin injury.

"I'm feeling fine now and I'm hoping to be involved in Saturday's important game with Newcastle and then the Capital One Cup semi-final with Manchester City on Tuesday."

West Ham assistant manager Neil McDonald took the Irons' press conference on Thursday, standing in for manager Sam Allardyce, who was said to be busy with transfer business of his own amid reports of a bid for Southampton forward Rickie Lambert.

McDonald stressed Morrison was happy at Upton Park and claimed reports the player threatened to go on strike to force a move were "news to me".

PA

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-v-fulham-cottagers-already-have-squad-capable-of-survival-claims-rene-meulensteen-despite-making-move-for-ravel-morrison-9066592.html

WhiteJC

Morrison - Serious Money!

They want how much?

If Fulham Football Club have serious intentions when it comes to procuring Ravel Morrison, from West Ham United Football Club, they are going to have to cough up far more cash than the initial offer comprised off.

Following Rene Meulensteen`s observations and comments about the player, those who run our football club appear to have imposed a silence on the Dutch manager but the words coming out of Upton Park infer that West Ham United will not want to even discuss a possible deal until a bid, in the region of £10 million is made.

Does anyone else reckon this deal is out of our price range with regards to what we`ll actually be getting?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=345819#ixzz2qfpcqcan

WhiteJC

Berbatov Exit Update!

As the January transfer window opening approached there were mutterings relating to Dimitar Berbatov wanting to leave.

Initially, the suggestion in the tabloid press was that Arsenal, and Arsene Wenger, were set to make a surprise bid for the 32 year-old Bulgarian.

This suggestion was quickly refuted by the Arsenal manager and now the inference from Fulham Football Club is that they have received (so far) no offers for the services of the Bulgarian.

Taking a quiet look at the whole scenario, Steve Sidwell has implored Dimitar to sty remarking to the media,

"He can win games with what he can produce week-in week-out with his vision."

Personally, I`d be very relieved if, come January 31st, Dimitar is still with Fulham Football Club, how about you?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=345820#ixzz2qfpqe1Q8

WhiteJC

Olivier Giroud v Dimitar Berbatov: Head-to-head analysis ahead of the clash between Arsenal and Fulham

Check out all the vital statistics concerning the two sides' strikers ahead of this weekend's Premier League meeting at the Emirates

Ahead of this weekend's Premier League meeting, between Arsenal and Fulham, see how the sides' strikers Olivier Giroud and Dimitar Berbatov compare.

Data and graphic provided by whoscored.com

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/olivier-giroud-v-dimitar-berbatov-headtohead-analysis-ahead-of-the-clash-between-arsenal-and-fulham-9065121.html

WhiteJC

Swans defender wanted by Cottagers

Swansea defender Neil Taylor has emerged as a January transfer window target for Premier League rivals Fulham.

The left-back has struggled for opportunities in Michael Laudrup's side this season with Ben Davies cementing his place as a regular starter on the left-hand side of defence. That has led to suggestions he could be set to leave this month and Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen has been linked with a £3million offer for the former Wrexham player. Taylor was first choice at the Liberty Stadiun last season before he suffered a serious ankle injury but since recovering his full fitness has found game-time hard to come by. The 24-year-old has made just 10 Premier League appearances over the course of the past two seasons and has largely been used by Laudrup in the Europa League and in the domestic cups this season but he would not want to lose him for the second half of the season.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/swans-defender-wanted-by-cottagers-1696470.html?

WhiteJC

3 Fulham Players Who Need To Pull Their Socks Up This Season

With just six wins from 21 in the Premier League this season, Fulham are currently sat in 16th. There are plenty of factors to take in regarding their poor form, but the players always come first in that respect - here are three players who need to pull their socks up.

1) Dimitar Berbatov

Last season the Bulgaria international scored 15 leagues goals - this time round he has managed just four to date. He has created a large amount of chances, but he's just not converting the chances he is getting himself.

Unless he is aiming for a move away this month then he needs to pull his socks up in my eyes.

2) Kieran Richardson

The former Manchester United player's bizarre tackles recently sparked me to look into his current form, and he's been notably poor. He has made 15 appearances this season but had created next to nothing going forward.

He has scored a goal, and completed a respectable 84% of his passes, but the fact that he has failed in most of his take ons and crosses means that he needs to up his game.

3) Maarten Stekelenburg

The Netherlands international joined Fulham in the summer and the majority of the fans expected him to go straight into the number one spot, though in the 11 games that he has played this season he has been incredibly unimpressive. For me, anyway.

He has kept just two clean sheets, completed just 36% of his punches and has conceded an average of 2.27 goals per game.

http://www.footballfriendsonline.com/blogs/2014/1/17/3-fulham-players-who-need-to-pull-their-socks-up-this-season.html?

WhiteJC

We Fight Together

Ashkan Dejagah is under no illusions as to the magnitude of the task facing Fulham on Saturday, but has faith that his side have enough about them to test Arsenal's title credentials.

The Gunners have impressed in the Barclays Premier League this season and currently sit one point above free-scoring Manchester City at the top of the table.

But Dejagah – who made his full debut for the Whites in this fixture last season – insists that Fulham can cause problems at the Emirates, even though they'll have to battle for the right to do so.

"We go there and fight together," the Iran international stated. "We stick together as a team. We know it's a hard game, it's not easy to take points there. Arsenal have a chance to win the league this season but we don't want to lose there so we will try to take points and hopefully we can.

"We have a good team, we have good players and if every player concentrates on the pitch then we're capable of playing good football, but we have to do this in every game.

"Arsenal have been playing very good football this season. It's hard to play at the Emirates but we played last year there and it was 3-3 so anything can happen in football and we have to fight on Saturday."

The Whites bounced back from a crushing defeat by Sunderland in the league by advancing in the FA Cup with Budweiser in midweek and Dejagah – scorer of the crucial second goal against Norwich City – wants Fulham to build on that performance at the weekend.

"The last game against Sunderland was not so good so I think we played well on Tuesday and hopefully we can play the same football again on Saturday," he said.

"It was a big win for us. Every player needs confidence and I think if you win 3-0 at home against a team like Norwich then that is what you will get. For me it feels good and hopefully it's the same for the whole team.

"The next game will, of course, be very hard and we know that Arsenal are difficult to play against, but we need every point now and we have to fight everyone like we did against Norwich and hopefully that will see us get points.

"Arsenal and Swansea City [our next league outing] are hard games but you need points so we will have to play well and play like we did on Tuesday."

Despite last weekend's loss against the Black Cats, Fulham remain clear of the relegation zone, but with just six points separating bottom-of-the-table Crystal Palace from 10th-place Hull City, it's a remarkably tight state of affairs in the lower half of the league.

"It's not a good situation for us," Dejagah admitted. "There are a lot of teams fighting relegation and we are one of them but in this situation you have to fight. I was in the same position once with Wolfsburg so I know what it's about. It's hard but we have to fight.

"Before the Norwich game the gaffer said we have to play well because it's important for us, for Fulham and the fans, to show them that we can play to win."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/17/we-fight-together?