more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kacaniklic contract extension

Started by Blanco, January 23, 2014, 02:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 23, 2014, 06:39:26 PM
I don't see this as encouraging, I would have hoped we tried to renegotiate a new contract and sign him up for longer as  a 1 year extension still means he can talk to other clubs next february and leave for free in just under 18 months. Even if we decide he isn't for us there will be plenty of buyers in for him, even £2-3m would help boost funds to buy a replacement.
On the face of it it appears we have just exercised a 12 month option with Kaca and his agent rejecting any overtures for a new contract - fear of relegation? I don't know, just a thought.
This leaves us with a decision in the summer do we sell him for a bargain price or risk losing him for nothing?

Or it was the easy and obvious move for the club (and player) where the current contract ends in 6 months, at a time when hopefully most effort is being put into acquiring new players to bolster the squad?

I know poo's got real this season, but the unwavering negativity needs to stop.  It's getting quite tiring.

leonffc

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 23, 2014, 02:45:45 PM
Quote from: Ordar on January 23, 2014, 02:39:52 PM
I personally dont rate Kaca as highly as most on here, and believe that he'll need to massively improve in the next 12 months. He'll be 23 in the summer and has lots to work on, especially his decision making, defensive work and quality of final ball. However its always good to keep the younger players around, even if this is just taking up the extension in his present contract rather than a new deal

I agree. I'm yet to be consistently impressed. Even for a young(ish) winger he's so hot and cold (most often cold).

I look around at the teams near us and most have better options on the flank than him. Definitely an area we should look to improve in the long-run, but I would be delighted if he proves me wrong.

Wayne Routlidge has got rave reviews playing for swansea over the past two seasons. He didn't find consistencey until he was about 28!! And he had a lot less end product than Kaca has at this age. He probably doent fare much better now.
Give the lad a chance, players develop at different levels. I'm not saying he's the best around but he's a good player and he will only get better playing in his national side as well as ours (even if he isn't a regular).
Hes not much older than Trotta but half this board seems to want him in our first team. And he blows hot and cold at Brentford!!

PokerMatt

Quote from: leonffc on January 23, 2014, 06:58:40 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 23, 2014, 02:45:45 PM
Quote from: Ordar on January 23, 2014, 02:39:52 PM
I personally dont rate Kaca as highly as most on here, and believe that he'll need to massively improve in the next 12 months. He'll be 23 in the summer and has lots to work on, especially his decision making, defensive work and quality of final ball. However its always good to keep the younger players around, even if this is just taking up the extension in his present contract rather than a new deal

I agree. I'm yet to be consistently impressed. Even for a young(ish) winger he's so hot and cold (most often cold).

I look around at the teams near us and most have better options on the flank than him. Definitely an area we should look to improve in the long-run, but I would be delighted if he proves me wrong.

Wayne Routlidge has got rave reviews playing for swansea over the past two seasons. He didn't find consistencey until he was about 28!! And he had a lot less end product than Kaca has at this age. He probably doent fare much better now.
Give the lad a chance, players develop at different levels. I'm not saying he's the best around but he's a good player and he will only get better playing in his national side as well as ours (even if he isn't a regular).
Hes not much older than Trotta but half this board seems to want him in our first team. And he blows hot and cold at Brentford!!

Yeah, like I said I hope he comes good. But from what I've seen I don't think he will.

I'll give him more of a chance and will always support him but as it stands it's an area we can drastically improve on, in my opinion. He was brilliant v Norwich then had the first touch of a heavyweight boxer v Arsenal in the space of a week.

I'm rooting for the lad of course and I'll be happier to be proven wrong than right.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Travers Barney

We all love our Fulham but no.

His inability to find his man when in good situations is unacceptable.

Been shocking this season home and away.

Surely cannot be worse at United than he was at Wednesday last season.....can he?

Rarely leave early but after the clown fell on all fours attempting a dummy at the Emirates felt obliged to depart.

not for me

coyw and Fulham for the cup.

We are the whites

zschwartz

he has followed the trend of frei, young talent that has a very promising season then stagnates.

nevertheless, happy to see him return.

lucky for na banga he doesn't get to play at all and therefore will never be exposed as a nice young man who can run a bit.

Travers Barney

Quote from: zschwartz on January 23, 2014, 09:56:07 PM
he has followed the trend of frei, young talent that has a very promising season then stagnates.

nevertheless, happy to see him return.

lucky for na banga he doesn't get to play at all and therefore will never be exposed as a nice young man who can run a bit.

Never ever thought Kaca could hurt a big team...Frei played well at the Bridge and tortured  the Gooners as a sub..didn't work out from then on...anyone remember the swede having a good game against Chelsea or spurs or man utd or city...nah.

coyw
We are the whites

General

Quote from: JBH on January 23, 2014, 02:30:15 PM
Quote from: General on January 23, 2014, 02:27:52 PM
I don't understand why sign him up to a one year contract and not a two year.
Prehaps that what both parties wanted  065.gif

That may be the case, but the value of the player is significantly less poignant if we only offer a one year extension, there is no room for manoeuvrability from the clubs side, and presumably keeping him on is either worthwhile (he has potential), or we have better younger wingers making way through... That said though, even if we sell him, his resale value will be a lot cheaper as a result of a one year contract extension... If it was only taken on by the club, then presumably the club aren't interested, or alex isn't... No? Because otherwise one of the parties would want longer.