more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (04/01/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 04, 2014, 07:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Lee Clark: There's always something round the corner to deal with

Birmingham City: Lee Clark talks to Colin Tattum about his latest challenge at Blues

Lee Clark
Photo: Roy Smiljanic/BPM

Lee Clark has vowed to deal with the latest thorny challenge in front of him at Birmingham City .

Clark has a defensive headache following Dan Burn's recall by Fulham from loan, coming after Kyle Bartley injured his hamstring.

Burn might return swiftly after Fulham's FA Cup tie against Norwich City today, but there are no guarantees.

Bartley has been ruled out for a minimum of three weeks after suffering the injury during the draw against Barnsley on New Year's Day.

Burn and Bartley have formed Blues central defensive pairing for the past five games - and have been a very good alliance.

But that has all gone to pot now and Clark has to consider what he can, or can't, do in the loan market himself as a result.

"There's always a new challenge, isn't there?" he said.

"There's always something round the corner to deal with.

"But that's what we have to do and we will get on with it.

"The frustration is that we've got to this stage where we're getting positive results, we've gone 10 unbeaten in an extremely tough league.

"We're four points from the top 10, seven points from the play-off places.

"But now two of the lads who have done so well during that run of form are no longer around.

"Fulham have seen how well Dan has been doing, they are short of defenders, and have recalled him.

"It was nothing to do with the relationship between the two clubs or anything like that, it was just down to their needs - he is their player.

"We're waiting for the results of the scan on Kyle but our medical people have told me that he is going to be at least three weeks out.

"We've currently got Paul Robinson on nine bookings and, somehow, I can't see him not picking up another yellow card in the next three or four months, which would mean a two-game ban.

"So we've got a bit of a problem defensively and it's something we have to address."

Centre-half Will Packwood is available again for Blues and left-back Amari'i Bell was recalled from loan to Nuneaton Town recently.

Hayden Mullins came on for Bartley against Barnsley and has played at centre-half before this season.

Reserve centre-half James Fry, who has been loaned to Leamington, is on the mend after a foot injury.

"We've got Paul Caddis, Mitchell Hancox, Hayden, Paul, Will and Amari'i," six defenders there," said Clark.

Hancox should have recovered from a hamstring injury in time for Blues next match, the trip to Brighton & Hove Albion a week on Saturday.

Neal Eardley, David Murphy and Jonathan Spector, who has also slotted in at the back this season, are long-term absentees.

Fulham currently have stopper Brede Hangeland sidelined with a sciatic nerve problem in his leg.

As to whether Fulham might allow Burn to return to St Andrew's after their FA Cup tie, Clark wasn't sure.

"The suggestion was that Dan has gone back for the game," he said, "but there's a new manager there.

"If Dan continues how he has been doing for us then the new manager might think 'hang on, I will keep him here'. It's a Catch 22 for us."

Blues were due to face either Crawley Town or Bristol Rovers in the third round of the FA Cup at home on Tuesday, but their second round replay today was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

So that meant next week's St Andrew's tie was also postponed as Crawley and Rovers will try again on Wednesday

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-lee-clark-talks-6466377?

WhiteJC

Former Tractor Boy David Stockdale bids to inflict fresh misery on Norwich City

Fulham's ex-Ipswich loanee David Stockdale had the last laugh at Carrow Road on Boxing Day.
Picture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd

Fulham keeper David Stockdale insists the Cottagers will go all out to complete a quick double over Norwich City at Carrow Road.

The one-time Ipswich loanee enjoyed his Boxing Day visit after a 2-1 Premier League win provided the perfect response to the taunts of the home fans. Stockdale is likely to be on duty again in today's FA Cup third round return after impressing in the New Year's Day win over West Ham.

The 28-year-old has had a regular run in the Cottagers' line-up with first choice Maarten Stekelenburg injured and Stockdale has revealed not even that recent 6-0 league thumping at Hull dented his belief he can be a regular top flight performer.

"We thought it was such a freak result at Hull that we couldn't dwell on it. If we'd lost 1-0 in the last minute we might have thought about it more. My dad and my mates gave me stick and I think that helps," said Stockdale. "The head coach said to me, 'Are you okay?' I said, 'I'm fine - I lost 7-1 with Ipswich a couple of years ago'. These results happen in football. As a defence against West Ham we scrapped well, kept a clean sheet in the second half and if you do that you have a chance of winning.

"You can't think about results too much – we can't think about West Ham really now as we need to get back on the training pitch ahead of an FA Cup game at Norwich City that we want to win. We're delighted to get six points out of a possible nine over the festive period. We've now got to use these two victories to push on and get up that table."

Stockdale produced a superb reaction stop in midweek to deny Kevin Nolan a chance to double the Hammers' lead before the hosts hit back in style to claim vital points through Steve Sidwell and Dimitar Berbatov.

"I wouldn't say my save was pivotal," he told the club's official site. "I'd say the second goal was pivotal as it won us the game. I'm just doing my job and if I can keep the lads in the game, then so be it. It's not until afterwards that you think about it; at the time you just want the three points. We're in a relegation battle and we won't get out of it by sitting back and looking at individual performances - we have to play as a team. You saw the character we possess to come from 1-0 down. We had a little bit of help with the sending off but even at 1-0 we had chances to get back into it."

Fulham chief Rene Meulensteen recently added experienced duo Alan Curbishley and Ray Wilkins to his backroom staff and Stockdale believes those could prove key appointments in their survival bid. It's fantastic. If you look at our backroom team there's so much experience, it's phenomenal," he said. "We'll take over two dugouts if that's what it takes to get out of the relegation battle. I'll give them my seat on the bus and I'll walk – it really does help having those kind of people at the club. You really feel the difference."

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/former_tractor_boy_david_stockdale_bids_to_inflict_fresh_misery_on_norwich_city_1_3175036

WhiteJC

Inside Carrow Road

Fulham kick-off their involvement in this season's FA Cup with Budweiser by making a Third Round trip to Carrow Road on Saturday. We caught up with Norwich City fan Terry Moore to get his take on the cup encounter.

People talk about the spirit of the cup, are you excited to see Norwich get the competition started on Saturday?
I love the FA Cup and, like everyone else, I watched the Third Round draw in anticipation. It's fair to say that we could have got an easier opponent, but I'm quietly confident nonetheless. This is one of the most famous competitions in world football, and it's fantastic to be part of that. For me, the spirit of the cup is very much alive, and I think we'll see that for sure at Carrow Road because fans young and old savour it. I say that even though we haven't had much to celebrate in this competition!

What are your standout memories from watching the Canaries in the cup?

My early football memories start in the mid-90s, and from that period, it has to be said that our cup run has never really lasted very long. I got my hopes up last season following an impressive 3-0 defeat of Peterborough United, but we then went and lost against Luton Town. I remember us taking Chelsea to a Replay in 2002 when they had the likes of Marcel Desailly, Gianfranco Zola, Frank Lampard and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink playing. But I suppose the FA Cup is about hope and what may unfold.

What sort of game are you anticipating on Saturday? Having lost to Fulham at home recently, you'll be hopeful for a change in fortune?

In my opinion, we're due a little bit of luck and I'm firmly of the belief that a good run in the cup can give you a real boost. It's about confidence and building momentum, and that's what I hope we can do from this game. We know the situation both teams find themselves in right now in the league, so it will be interesting to see how they approach this one. I think both Chris Hughton and René Meulensteen will be looking at the Barclays Premier League as their priority, so it's a chance to use the squad. I think it will be tight, and with both teams expected to make changes, a lot will come down to the players that come in. Which ones will seize the opportunity and make a difference?

What did you make of the Boxing Day game between the two sides?

I thought we played really well in the first half and, in fairness, it was a game that could have gone either way because Fulham played some decent stuff too. To Fulham's credit they kept on until the very end, and Scott Parker's strike was a worthy winner. At 1-1, Leroy Fer had a header cleared off the line and had that gone in, I like to think we would have seen the game through. But that's football.

You mentioned that this game is an opportunity for players to show what they can do. Which of those coming in for Norwich do you think could make the difference against Fulham?

I'd like to see Ricky van Wolfswinkel make a start, as we've seen him come off the bench in recent weeks. He scored on his debut in the 2-2 draw against Everton, but since then he hasn't found the target. I was really excited when the club announced his signing, and I maintain that he'll be an important player for us. He has clever movement, good feet and ability in the box. If he can get a goal against Fulham, I believe he'll go on to score a few more.

And, likewise, which of the visiting players do you think could provide the biggest threat on Saturday?

As mentioned, I think both teams will make changes. I'd be surprised if we didn't see Clint Dempsey make an appearance at some point, and in his first game back, he'll be looking to make a difference. He's a fantastic player and one we'll have to be very aware of. Adel Taarabt is enjoying a good run of form and on his day he can be unplayable. Fulham have a lot of youngsters coming through at the moment, so it will be interesting to see if any of them appear – I've heard good things about the young Moussa Dembélé.

We've entered 2014, what are your hopes for the remainder of the season?

I don't think I can hope for anything other than survival – which is the case for a lot of clubs. We finished 11th last season and, of course, that was the benchmark at the start of the campaign. But this is a tough league, and it's very tight in the bottom half. We took five points from our six games in December - I thought we would do better than that. But there's a lot to play for, and a good run in the FA Cup would certainly be nice.

Gary Hooper is starting to find the net, as demonstrated in the Boxing Day match. How important will his goals be?

I'm a big fan of Hooper, and having scored so freely at his former club Celtic there was a lot of pressure to do the same at Norwich. But he's playing in a very different league now and there was always going to be a bit of an adjustment period. He had to shake off an injury, too, but arguably right now, he's our in-form player. He's an opportunist in front of goal, and I think he has a massive part to play during the second half of the campaign.

Can you recommend a good place for the Fulham fans to grab a pint before the game?

There's loads of bars and pubs in Norwich, but for an away fan it's probably easiest to stay in the ones nearest the ground and station. A lot of travelling supporters go to The Compleat Angler which is right by the station – it's also a quick walk to the stadium.

What's the best thing about Carrow Road?

I like to think that the Fulham fans will be surprised by the atmosphere. I go to a lot of away games, and I think we do a good job at Carrow Road. I know a couple of Fulham supporters, and both have said that they enjoy the Norfolk banter. It's a welcoming place, and as an away trip goes, it's not too far out of the way.

Can we move you into making a score prediction for the game ahead - how will this one finish?

I think it will be another 2-1, but this time it will be Norwich that claim the win.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/03/inside-carrow-road

WhiteJC

No Real Arsenal Interest in Berbatov!

All the talk yesterday, or it might have been the day before, related to a possible move for Dimitar Berbatov.

Speculation doing the rounds suggested that Arsene Wenger might raid Craven Cottage to take Dmitar Berbatov to the Emirates Stadium, speculation possibly fuelled by the fact that Dimitar had previously inferred he wanted out once the January transfer window opened aided by the fact he had only six months left on his contract.

Well it appears that it was all pie in the sky as Arsene Wenger has, according to the media, come out and confirmed he has no interest in signing the ageing Bulgarian.

Good news for Fulham supporters I`d say.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=344190#ixzz2pQy7Yb9m

WhiteJC

Clint`s Chance to Shine?

This afternoon, at Carrow Road, there is a chance that Clint Dempsey will make his Fulham debut for the second time.

The Texan, on loan from the MLS club, Seattle Sounders, scored 60 goals in his first spell with is and Fulham supporters will be hoping that Clint can bring back some of that added aerial prowess to the side.

Sascha Riether, discussing Clint`s second coming has remarked to the media,

"We put a lot of crosses into the box ad create chances, and he can be the player to score goals."

"He wants to do well for this club. He`s trained very well and is a fantastic player."

I wonder what the odds are on Clint getting the winner this afternoon?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=344192#ixzz2pQyI8ZQK

BrandonTit

of the Boston area . Then tie colors , deep black size-fits- all , not new. Accidentally , Ralph Lauren (Ralph Lauren) to win an opportunity to design tie . He earned ??bold innovations to make the tie appearance , not only increased in width twice space one is the most bright and colorful , he also raised the amount twice , it feels righthttp://www.claytonsdm.com/

serves as a deep breath great taste American fashion brand , style , highly stylized Ralph Lauren 's two famous brand "Lauren Ralph Lauren" ( Ralph Lauren Women ) and " Polo Ralph Lauren "( Ralph Laolun Ma ball men ) belonging to the common characteristics. Andlouboutin femme

whether or not it's perfume or containers, have focused on the upper class customers yearning for the right life . Or as Ralph Lauren ( Ralph Lauren ) , Mr. I said : " The stage that my design could be to reach the think about people's minds - the rightlongchamp soldes france

out from the United states , in addition to Us via an intense flavor . Two brand Ralph Lauren name PolobyRalphLauren and RalphLauren worldwide sales in the spot produce a high -quality fashion , the designer Ralph Lauren Ralph Lauren 's reputation and brand consistently carry forward the wonderfullongchamp pliage femme

country wide Ralph Lauren (Ralph Lauren), whose father has been a painter excellent mother serves as a typical housewife , employing their family background could be, almost led clothing not the # 1. However , Ralph Lauren (Ralph Lauren) for all the acuity of clothing , goes for currently being born , playing this game on the urine of stitching clothes themselves , the generals equipment and jeans together mutually , in order thatralph lauren soldes