watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FAO White JC

Started by CorkedHat, May 17, 2010, 07:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

John - you are an absolute legend. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Many thanks for allowing me to share in my team's most glorious period in the sixty years I have been following them.
Your kindness is much appreciated.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

WhiteJC

no problem sir, the last "red-cross" parcel is on its way  :54:

Peabody

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 17, 2010, 07:46:08 AM
no problem sir, the last "red-cross" parcel is on its way  :54:

Did you put the Bemax in for him?

OldBrownShoe

Ah Bemax! Magic. :011:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

CorkedHat

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on May 17, 2010, 12:21:46 PM
Ah Bemax! Magic. :011:

It's no good sending me mountain bikes - I couldn't ride a Bemax to save my life.

Peabody

Forgot you were the wrong end of the Thames to know about Bemax. You thought you had horrible smells from the brewery at Wandsworth. You should have smelt the Bemax factory in the Upper Mall. I think Bemax was some health food for the elderly but blimey did it pong.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Peabody on May 17, 2010, 01:14:16 PM
Forgot you were the wrong end of the Thames to know about Bemax. You thought you had horrible smells from the brewery at Wandsworth. You should have smelt the Bemax factory in the Upper Mall. I think Bemax was some health food for the elderly but blimey did it pong.

Mate we had the smell of all smells in York Road. I always thought it was Price's Candle Works until my old man told me it was Garton's Glucose Factory. Top this up with a gasworks overlooking the Wandle Open Sewer and you can see that I lived in the very lap of luxury. The Brewery was quite pleasant in comparison although the horse poop was a bit potent in the summer.

OldBrownShoe

I am fairly sure the Venerable Peabody :sir_roy: will remember the manufacturer advertising this smelly product thus: "Bemax for athletes". It always begged the question if Reg Stratton was overdosing on the stuff. Do you remember the metal advertising hoardings? Corked Hat is probably far too professionally modest to own up to these creations. With the wind in the right (wrong) direction) the smell of the manufacturing process was something to avoid as of course was the wing play of the aforementioned Mr Stratton.  Bemax, what was it? I suppose you could describe it as a wheatgerm supplement rich in vitamins b1, e1, iron and all sorts of other things. It could be added to porridge etc. :020: :020:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again