watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's World Cup Players

Started by White Noise, May 17, 2010, 10:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Which of our players at The World Cup do you think will do best across the tournament?

Mark Schwarzer
Clint Dempsey
Kagisho Dikcagoi
John Pantsil
Dickson Etuhu
Eddie Johnson

Anyone got one of these yet?

http://www.bindividual.co.uk/

Would the bin men actually empty the thing if you had your club crest on there?

AlFayedsChequebook

It will be interesting to see whether Dikgacoi shines through in a rather poor SA team.

I reckon both Schwarzer and Dempsey will have good world cups.

Eddie Johnson to have a stinker is a certainty

FC Silver Fox

Big stickers on a dustbin is a bit risky I would have thought.  If your dustman is a Spuds supporter and turns up to empty your bin on a Monday morning after we'd just given Spurs a sound thrashing the previous Saturday, you're likely to get your rubbish tipped all over the front lawn.
Anyway, its probably better to have dustbin with a Wet Spam sticker on it. They're full of everybody's old rubbish.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Lighthouse

I think Demps and Dika will shine as will Pants within the confines of their teams.

I am the only one to say this but I will be brave. Swart is slower to react and less commanding in the area then he has been. Swart to have a World Cup to forget.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CorkedHat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on May 17, 2010, 10:19:40 AM
Big stickers on a dustbin is a bit risky I would have thought.  If your dustman is a Spuds supporter and turns up to empty your bin on a Monday morning after we'd just given Spurs a sound thrashing the previous Saturday, you're likely to get your rubbish tipped all over the front lawn.
Anyway, its probably better to have dustbin with a Wet Spam sticker on it. They're full of everybody's old rubbish.

Right on Mr Fox. My best friend here in Footroot Flats bought me a Carlton FC doormat because as an ardent supporter of our fierce rivals Collingwood he was able to wipe his feet on Carlton every time he visited. I retaliated by buying him a Collingwood toilet roll - nuff sed  :dft010:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

CorkedHat

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 17, 2010, 10:25:53 AM
I think Demps and Dika will shine as will Pants within the confines of their teams.

I am the only one to say this but I will be brave. Swart is slower to react and less commanding in the area then he has been. Swart to have a World Cup to forget.

Gold Coast White - promise me one thing. When you read Lighthouse's latest heap of crap, you won't have an apoplexy. He has obviously never seen Schwartzer on International duty but then of course England have so many world class goalkeepers that Schwartzer is bound to look ordinary in comparison :011: :011: :011:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

blingo

Dempsey will prove he IS a star in this world cup.  :dft012:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: blingo on May 17, 2010, 10:45:39 AM
Dempsey will prove he IS a star in this world cup.  :dft012:

The question then being 'is this beneficial for Fulham?'

finnster01

The Big Aussie without a doubt. That Aussie team is not bad at all and will do very well assuming the ref doesn't rob them again.

Dempsey will do well too, and Pants has a good chance to shine as well.

Eddie Johnson and his banjo & donkey show will win the half time entertainment every match.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/May/WorldCupFriendlyMatches.aspx
World Cup Preparations Underway

Fulham will be represented at the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa by five players from Roy's Hodgson's First Team squad.

Goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has returned home to Australia for an international training camp ahead of a friendly match against New Zealand in Melbourne on the 24 May. 

The Socceroos will play two further friendly matches against Denmark on the 1 June and the USA on the 5 June. Schwarzer and company will face Germany in their opening game of the Finals before challenging Ghana and Serbia.

Defender John Pantsil will join up with Ghana for a training camp in France on the 24 May. Pantsil and company will play two friendly matches prior to the Finals, against Holland in Rotterdam on the 1 June and Latvia in London on the 5 June.

Pantsil will come up against Schwarzer in Ghana's second match of the Finals, following the Black Stars opening game against Serbia. Ghana's final group stage game will be played against Germany.

Kagisho Dikgacoi could play an important role for South Africa in the 2010 Finals. The midfielder has now returned home but played no part in the host nation's 4-0 friendly victory over Thailand in Johannesburg last weekend.

South Africa will play three more friendly matches, against Bulgaria, Colombia and Denmark, before getting the Finals underway against Mexico on the 11 June. Following their opening match against Mexico, South Africa will go on to face Uruguay and France in their group.

Nigerian international Dickson Etuhu will team up with his fellow Super Eagles in London on the 19 May for a training camp which will see them play two friendly matches in the Capital against Saudi Arabia and Colombia.

Nigeria's third and final friendly match will be played against Korea DPR in South Africa before they take on Argentina, Greece and the Korea Republic in their World Cup group.

Fulham's fifth and final representative at this summer's World Cup Finals is US international star Clint Dempsey.

Dempsey's US team will play two friendly matches on home turf prior to their trip to South Africa. The first friendly will take place in East Hartford against the Czech Republic before the American's challenge Turkey in Philadelphia.

Once the US have arrived in South Africa they will play a final friendly against Australia before their opening game of the tournament against England on the 12th June, followed by two further group matches against Slovenia and Algeria.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/May/WorldCupFriendlyMatches.aspx#ixzz0oC4cltaY

YankeeJim

The US team hasn't been pared down to the final 23 as yet. With Edison Buddle of the Galaxy being on fire of late I think he'll get the seat on the bench in place of EJ. At least I hope that is the case.

Dempsey was gutted after Brazil came back in the Confederations Cup & I suspect he was as well in Hamburg. The lad wants to win. Look for him to shine in SA.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

Dempsey and Schwarzer should both have good World Cups. I doubt that Johnson will make our final roster.
Fulham for life!

Crede15

Eddie also has come up with a hamstring injury too, I'd be surprised if he made the 23 man. I like Eddie personally and hope things go well for him, but, well, he's just not that good. I think Paintsil and Schwartzer will do well. I hope Clint does well but I have a feeling its going to be a rough tournament overall for the US, I don't think we make it out of the group. Everything has gone downhill since the Confederations Cup, our best CB hasn't played basically all year, our best striker (IMO at least) is out. Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood.

White Noise

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 17, 2010, 03:31:02 PM
The US team hasn't been pared down to the final 23 as yet. With Edison Buddle of the Galaxy being on fire of late I think he'll get the seat on the bench in place of EJ. At least I hope that is the case.

Dempsey was gutted after Brazil came back in the Confederations Cup & I suspect he was as well in Hamburg. The lad wants to win. Look for him to shine in SA.

When I first read that I thought 'Edison Buddle' was some sort of mickey taking name for EJ!?!

I love that there is someone in professional sport with a name like that.

Run Edison Run!!!

finnster01

Quote from: White Noise on May 17, 2010, 04:18:50 PM

When I first read that I thought 'Edison Buddle' was some sort of mickey taking name for EJ!?!

I love that there is someone in porfessional sport with a name like that.

Run Edison Run!!!
Good shout Mr WN, but my fav is still Dean Windass...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

mccscratch

Run Edison Run!!!

Not to spoil the fun but the lads name is Edson... oddly named after Edison Arantes do Nascimento (i.e. Pele')....odd that his father wrote Edson on BC when Pele spelled it Edison...

Also... I think EJ will make the US roster...the US completely lacks speed up top... Dempsey and Altidore will start and while not super slow...neither are burners and the US will need a player who can stretch the field and free up space for Landon to run into late in matches. EJ might be that man...

And Finnster...cut old EJ some slack... you are practically a yank now and he had played very well this past month...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

White Noise

Quote from: mccscratch on May 17, 2010, 04:33:11 PM

Run Edison Run!!!

Not to spoil the fun but the lads name is Edson... oddly named after Edison Arantes do Nascimento (i.e. Pele')....odd that his father wrote Edson on BC when Pele spelled it Edison...

Also... I think EJ will make the US roster...the US completely lacks speed up top... Dempsey and Altidore will start and while not super slow...neither are burners and the US will need a player who can stretch the field and free up space for Landon to run into late in matches. EJ might be that man...

And Finnster...cut old EJ some slack... you are practically a yank now and he had played very well this past month...

Does he suffer from erectile disfunction though? :002:

mrska

Quote from: White Noise on May 17, 2010, 04:27:19 PM
Dean's missus -

Windas can bugger off

As my name is Dean im claiming this young lady for myself!!  Anyway im happy enough with my Julie...  I wouldnt of put it past her to fart on our first day!

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 17, 2010, 10:43:38 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 17, 2010, 10:25:53 AM

Gold Coast White - promise me one thing. When you read Lighthouse's latest heap of crap, you won't have an apoplexy. He has obviously never seen Schwartzer on International duty but then of course England have so many world class goalkeepers that Schwartzer is bound to look ordinary in comparison :011: :011: :011:

You underestimate me Mr Hat; as if I would rise to the jibes of an overgrown strobe light ! The Schwarz will stand tall in green and gold - but I still bet he'll be wishing he had the Thames Barrier in front of him...

And as for Eddie Johnson, is he going to South Africa ? Not mentioned in the article on the offal regarding our Whites at the World Cup ???