Previous topic - Next topic

Would you rather:

Go down and win FA Cup
18 (27.3%)
Stay up
48 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

ltd-ffc

if we went for the fa cup got to the semis or finals and lost and got relegated that would be devastating
i want to watch fulham as the prem team they are.
if we stay up its exciting times for our future i reckon.
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

westcliff white

Premier league for definate.

but I cant see why they wont go hand in hand, we are playing ok, we need to take the chances that come our way, I am convinced that will happen (as in taking the chances).
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

this is the proverbial no brainer

Safety in the Prem is everything!
I would love to win the cup but not end up like wigan

Personally i do not think the two are mutually exclusive, a good cup run will spread optimism but on sunday we just had to play a different 11 to tomorrows team.

MJG

The survey I added below has now been completed and for anyone whop would like to see the results there are at http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/should-we-do-a-wigan-7-381.html

Thanks for anyone who took part.

jmh

The way the question is framed, the answer would certainly be staying in the Premier League. 

MJG

Quote from: jmh on January 27, 2014, 05:00:25 PM
The way the question is framed, the answer would certainly be staying in the Premier League. 
that was the choice..win the cup or stay up. Everyone would pick both if given that choice.

Dan in Notts

This is an interesting survey and I like all the detail the results provide, but ...

... I'm wary of the received wisdom implicit in the endless times that this question will be asked between now and our victory at Wembley in a few months' time that one thing precludes the other or makes it less likely.  If the club has a professional approach (admittedly, this season that's been questionable at times ... ) and the cup is approached in the right way, then a good cup run can surely provide impetus to the league campaign (raise confidence, work on team cohesion, give valuable experience to youngsters). Yes, there's always the chance of an injury in a cup match, but that's part and parcel of being a football club that plays football matches.

General

PL Safety - with the likes of Defour wanting to play for us but being kept at least till the end of this season it looks like we can attract good players with our management and playing squad as it is at the moment... I also think with another year a few more younger players will be able to make their way through and challenge the squad we have.

FA Cup is good, but no team that goes down does well, it seems. Bolton are 18th now for example in the Championship.

Premiership is bread and butter.

KP_FFC

pl safety. id rather stay up and keep our best players than having to watch the likes of senderos play week in week out for us.

look at wigan, they won last year. NOW they've lost there best players and are 11th in the championship with no chance of getting promoted. i dont want that happening to my fulham.

Mhbruce

Both please, which is actually possible seeing as we got a relatively easy run so far, a couple of the big teams, chelsea and Liverpool, will go out and as we had easy games the senior players don't waste energy on the cup so far

..Kya.ffc..

Beers may have been involved in this post.

The Bronsons

I want us to stay up, of course. But as an earlier poster said, we are pretty much nailed to go down eventually. Maybe this year, maybe next, maybe five or ten years' time, but we will go down, because we are a small club competing directly against much bigger neighbours.

So the question really is, when we go down, do we want to look back on several years of desperate clinging on? Or a few years of glory where we actually won something?

Cup, please, but God I hope we stay up for one more year.

fulhamben

Cup for me. Lots of people say the prem because of the money, but as far as I can make out, we are playing dreadful football, getting spanked often and still don't post a profit. So for all the money the prem brings, all we are getting for it is , well nothing but shocking football really
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

The argument about going down eventually as we are a small club never works for me. We will all die at some point so why bother making the best of things. Let's have just one moment of joy. Ner doesn't work. We have been in the Prem for 13 years. To lose it will be to lose everything. To win the FA Cup means much less than it used to and our poor football really only came in on a constant game by game with Jol. Would be great to win the Cup but not instead of the Prem.

We really shouldn't look on ourselves as a small club. 13 years says we deserve to be where we are.

Problem is I think those that run our club have the attitude we are a tiny club and don't deserve to be in the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

I posted earlier about my ups and downs broadly matching those of the club...

1949 born....FFC Div.2 champions
1996 redundancy....FFC rock bottom (apart from 1)
2001 started new career with degree....FFC promoted to Premier League.

July 2014 retiring. ......make of that what you will......perhaps depending on how you view retirement....

Classic94

RidgeRider

Best XI in the Prem, kids and reserves in the cup and let them take it as far as they can. I care more about survival. Fulham will never be televised over hear if they are in the Championship or lower.