watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FULHAMS SEASON WILL BE DECIDED IN 72 HOURS

Started by JBH, January 29, 2014, 06:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

I believe that last night was not a defining moment as losing away in the Premier League is not unusual.

But our survival / relegation will be decided on who we get in and who we get out in the next 3 days.

So until the window shuts I will no longer be posting on this board because there will be nothing constructive to read.

COYW I still believe (for 72 hours anyway!)  049:gif

RaySmith

It isn't necessarily defining.

If we don't sign anyone we may still stay up, and if we sign players we could still go down.

The team needs to keep battling away whatever and fans need to keep behind them.

Macedo

Quote from: RaySmith on January 29, 2014, 06:48:29 AM

If we don't sign anyone we may still stay up, and if we sign players we could still go down.

The team needs to keep battling away whatever and fans need to keep behind them.

Battling?? they wouldnt know the meaning of the word.

MJG

I dont think it was as defining as Sunderland at home. That game said to me that the senior squad are just not good enough as a whole.
previous to that game I always thought given the right manager and tactics we could get out of this hole.  I think the inclusion of Wilkins and Curbs has muddied Rene's thinking and we are now stuck between his inclination to play with 3 CM's and the old guys 442 bias.

We have 15 games left to somehow get another 19 pts that I think would keep us up.
Scoring out the games where we are not going to get anything given the way we are playing and the lack of fight we show that leaves us with 10 games to get 6 wins and a draw. Even those games you look at this saturday thinking a draw at best, Cardiff away with their crowd we would just buckle,Everton at home maybe a draw and Stoke away Jesus.

Southampton H
Man Utd A
Liverpool H
WBA A
Chelsea H
Cardiff A
Newcastle H
Man City A
Everton H
Villa A
Norwich H
Spurs A
Hull H
Stoke A
Palace H

19pts from 15 games is possible in this fashion:

Win-Draw-Loss
6---1-----8
5---4-----6
4---7-----4
3---10----2
2---13----0

Working on the basis we are going to lose those 5 games to the main teams we look doomed no matter who we bring in between now and 11:00PM on friday night.

JBH

Quote from: RaySmith on January 29, 2014, 06:48:29 AM

Your points are indeed valid but in my opinion we will not survive with our current squad as it is

Ok I'm off now until Saturday

Danitar

I have to agree we must bring 2 for definite but 3 if it's possible. I think it will give a needed boost to the squad if we are to survive. I think we need to tie a deal up today so we can get another 1 or 2 more in on deadline day

filham

There have been a few defining , last chance , must win, 6 point, games recently which have gone against us. It is now absolutely clear that to survive is an uphill battle and we need two or three quality players to improve the team.

We have conceded 50 goals, have the worst goal difference in the whole of the football league and our leading goal scorer is a midfielder with 5 goals.

Make no mistake the next couple of days are critical for us.