watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Meulensteen cost us the game

Started by 24Dejagacaniklic31, January 29, 2014, 01:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

24Dejagacaniklic31

This is why I think Meulensteen's decision-making cost us the game today at Swansea:

In the first half, the whole team was playing well with the three attacking midfielders being a constant threat to the Swansea backline. Kacaniklic had great runs, Dempsey had good, firm passes, & Dejagah was a dribbling menace. Near the end of the first half, Meulensteen swapped the flanks with Dejagah switching to the left and Kaca to the right. Immediately, our attacking threat died down.

In the second half, Meulensteen's substitutions are what ultimately cut our life line. Dejagah, who was in my opinion one of the best players on the field today, was brought off for Bent in what the NBC commentator rightfully said was "a bold move". Right after, Swansea take the lead. Fast forward a few minutes and Dempsey, who was actually linking up pretty well today, was brought off. And again, Swansea scored.

In all, I've seen some great passing play from the players lately and they've showed strong attacking grit. We lack that killer finisher and we tend to lose our concentration at the back.

epsomraver

He was not having a good game second half, he was caught in possession a lot and his final ball was woeful, he has yet to regain the form he had just before his ankle injury last season . Swopping wings is quite common as it confuses the defenders and drags them out of their zone, sorry agree the subs were strange to say the least but he was creating nothing

westcliff white

i thought dempsey after the first 30 minutes was innocuous altho probably his best game since returning to us
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

I don't know about costing us the game. But I do keep on about pace. I simply will never understand why we took off a winger with pace and brought on a tree with no movement at all. I prefer somebody with little control but with pace over a tree.

We needed pace up the centre. Rodders has poor ball control but can score and can worry defenders. No not the ideal choice but the best we have. I would have kept our wide players as they were and taken Berbatov off first of all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope