watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Youth Cup Final

Started by Northern Cottager, May 05, 2014, 07:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

No one in that team should get blamed for anything. They tried there best and were all on the floor at the end of the game. Great support from the fans and could not ask much more form this bunch of lads.

Bill2

Disgusted with the Chelsea fans, the team came over to applaud the fans and what did some of the Chelsea fans do - boo. Bearing in mind I thought they had gone home until they scored that equaliser, they really are the scum which some folks say on here.

epsomraver

Quote from: alfie on May 05, 2014, 10:48:40 PM
As much as i am so proud of them, what is it with Fulham teams that cannot hold on to a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. It seemed to me that it all went wrong when we sat back, how many times have we seen this happen, if we had stuck with taking the game to them i think we would have scored more.

Still fantastic from the lads, there appears to be some great prospects in that team.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Lighthouse

Modern football tactics are very dull and now we see it at youth level. Defending for the second half instead of trying to push forward. Just wish we could see footballers at all levels wanting to win games by going forward and not defending leads. Very sad to watch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

They are a credit to us and we should be very proud of them
and I hope they as a team are glad that we are their supporters because we were magnificent this evening

Shame it did not go to penalties
Chelsea dodgy keeper, dodgy keeper oooh hoooo

...and how refreshing to watch really good football

Oh and it was lovely to see Mr Southfield also  :021:

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: KCat on May 05, 2014, 11:39:26 PM
They are a credit to us and we should be very proud of them
and I hope they as a team are glad that we are their supporters because we were magnificent this evening

Shame it did not go to penalties
Chelsea dodgy keeper, dodgy keeper oooh hoooo

...and how refreshing to watch really good football

:plus one:

Deanothefulhamfan

Very dissapointing result.... I didn't see the game, but frustrated we couldn't hold out. Story of our season

The lads did well to get this far, but Chelsea go in the history books. It may just save our academy lads from being swiped away though.

3 late goals... Our defensive coaches need replaced at all levels it seems

MasterHaynes

Great performance, we should all be very proud. The thread between success and failure is so very thin. Glad  to be able to support such a committed group of players, they really didn't deserve that. Now we need to let them get on with their development and hope that we see some of them in a couple of years.

RaySmith

I can only applaud them, and Steve Wrigley- a great effort, which deserved far more.

At least Fulham are doing something right! 049:gif

premFlem

Well done to the lads getting to the final was a great achievement,  unlucky at the end
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Peabody

Why do we Fans need to be so critical, yes we eventually lost but these lads are still in development. I am very proud of them. Some you lot need to lighten up

cmg

I supose we all knew it would end up like that.
But what a magnificent job our boys did. And what great entertainment the sides gave us.

It's perhaps worth considering, difficult though it is for we who are used 'win at all costs' league football, that, although greatly to be desired, winning is not the only consideration at u18 level. Development and learning are the main aims.

It's good to see that Pat Roberts seeems to be going the way we hoped. There are few players, particularly of that age, who cause a ripple of excitement round the ground every time they get on the ball. One sometimes wishes he would take more on himself as there seems few legal ways of stopping him.

George Williams had a field day, although latterly made some wrong choices. He'll learn.

My main man, Sol sambou, was in total control, until a (fortunate) yellow card tended to reign him in.

A word for Ryheem Sheckleford, who had a torrid time last Monday, but bounced back admirably last night.

We have much to look forward to.

SP

Quote from: Peabody on May 06, 2014, 07:23:09 AM
Why do we Fans need to be so critical, yes we eventually lost but these lads are still in development. I am very proud of them. Some you lot need to lighten up

:plus one: Well said.

I didn't see the game but if the winning goal was offside as others suggest, the referees assistant will be extremely upset this morning having got such a critical decision wrong.

Bill2

Quote from: SP on May 06, 2014, 08:55:38 AM
Quote from: Peabody on May 06, 2014, 07:23:09 AM

:plus one: Well said.

I didn't see the game but if the winning goal was offside as others suggest, the referees assistant will be extremely upset this morning having got such a critical decision wrong.

Didn't notice at the match but just watched it the recording and it was offside, so officials got it wrong yet no mention of it when the ITV guy interviewed the Chelsea manager after the match.