watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (31/01/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 30, 2014, 05:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Done deal! Fulham sign William Kvist on loan from Stuttgart to make his dreams come true

Denmark midfielder William Kvist will be in a Fulham shirt for the rest of the season (Picture: AFP/Getty Images)
Fulham have signed William Kvist on loan for the rest of the season – with a view to a permanent move – and he couldn't be happier

The Denmark international midfielder comes in from Stuttgart and manager Rene Meulensteen will be hoping he adds some steel in the middle of the park as they fight relegation.

The 28-year-old, renowned for his long throws,  is looking forward to teaming up once more with former Copenhagen team-mate of Brede Hangeland – who has told him good things about life at Craven Cottage.

He also says he's been dreaming of a Fulham move for some time and the club tweeted his delight at making the switch.

And Kvist said: 'Of course I've heard a lot of good things from Brede and it's been a target of mine to come here so I'm delighted to be here really.

'The Premier League is the biggest league in the world. I've played in the Bundesliga which is also a really nice league, but this is the biggest challenge you could get as a footballer – this is the motherland of football. When I was a child I used to just watch English football on television so it's amazing being here.'

He could go straight into the squad for the game against Southampton but admitted he is short of match fitness.

He said: 'The head coach will see if I'm fit and able to play – I think I am, although I haven't played for Stuttgart this year, but I'm feeling fit and motivated.'

Kvist's arrival is a boost for Fulham fans, who are set to lose Adel Taarabt to Ac Milan on loan and possibly Dimitar Berbatov to Tottenham.

They hope for further good news before the deadline day window closes, with Greece striker Kostas Mitroglou linked with an £11m move.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/30/done-deal-fulham-sign-william-kvist-on-loan-from-stuttgart-to-make-his-dreams-come-true-4283793/?

WhiteJC

Shed a tear Fulham fans, Adel Taraabt is leaving the Cottage for AC Milan

Fulham fans, wipe your eyes. Adel Taarabt is leaving the club for AC Milan.

The Morocco attacking midfielder has reached an agreement with i Rossoneri to spend the remainder of the season in Italy on loan.

The move will see Taarabt terminate his season-long loan at Fulham and sign for Milan for the remainder of the season.

Word out of Craven Cottage is that the 24-year-old has fallen out of favor with the not-so-shocking accusations being that he has lost his focus. Fulham are therefore happy to cancel his loan deal, which would normally mean the player returns to his home club, Queens Park Rangers. Problem is, QPR boss Harry Redknapp wants nothing to do with Taarabt and is happy to send him packing.

The double loan move doesn't come at odds with FIFA rules, which stipulate that a player cannot play for more than two clubs in a season. Having never appeared for Rangers before moving to Fulham, Taarabt is free to go on-loan to Milan.

The highly-talented, mentally erratic and slightly overweight Taraabt has made 12 Premier League appearances for the Cottagers this year, starting seven contests. His zero goals and one assist won't be missed by Fulham, who now that they have shed the dead weight can ensure playing time for more positive and effective figures like the Ashkan Dejagah, Pajtim Kasami and, hopefully, 17-year-old Moussa Dembele.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/30/shed-a-tear-fulham-fans-adel-taraabt-is-leaving-the-cottage-for-ac-milan/?

WhiteJC

Woodrow back at Cottagers

Cauley Woodrow: Back at Craven Cottage

Southend have suffered a blow with the news Fulham have recalled on-loan striker Cauley Woodrow.

The 19-year-old has returned to his parent club, who have been disappointed with the number of games he has started of late and he could now be set for a loan move elsewhere.

Woodrow made a total of 22 appearances for Southend having arrived in Essex at the start of September, scoring four goals, however only 10 of those were starts and just two of which since mid-November.

The teenager was due to remain at Roots Hall until the end of the season.

Manager Phil Brown told the club's official website: "It is a shame to lose Cauley but we were always under the control of a Premier League club.

"Cauley scored a couple of important league goals, against Exeter and of course the winner against AFC Wimbledon.

"We felt he was developing well as a footballer in and around a first team.

"He was a great professional and we hope he enjoys a successful career in the game."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9141282?

WhiteJC

Cole & Tunnicliffe targeted by Muelensteen's Fulham

Fulham have reportedly placed bids for Manchester United duo Ryan Tunnicliffe and Larnell Cole. René Meulensteen's side are looking to rebuild during this transfer window, in which they will reinforce and avoid a relegation battle at the end of the season.

Tunnicliffe has recently returned from Sky Bet Championship side Ipswich Town from a loan spell, in which he has done well to adapt to first team football. Cole has stayed with United this season playing form Warren Joyce's U21′s. Both players are decent footballers, but I do have my doubts whether both would make it al Old Trafford.

Cole, 20, has featured once for United's first team in the League Cup during the 2011/12 season in the 3-0 victory over Leeds United. Tunnicliffe, 21, has made the first team on two occasions, both in the League Cup in the 2012/13 season, a 2-1 victory over Newcastle United at Old Trafford, then in the next round a 5-4 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Both players have not represented their club in the Barclays Premier League though.

Fulham hope deals for the two midfielders could be sorted before Friday's 23:00 GMT deadline. We will bring you more information as we have it.

http://mufclatest.com/cole-tunnicliffe-targeted-by-muelensteens-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Taarabt: "It's an honour, I can't wait to play for Milan"

ADEL TAARBT has landed in Italy today and is set to become the 4th signing of this January mercato, coming on loan.

Milan are ready to sign another player as after Keisuke Honda, Adil Rami and Michael Essien, the 24-year-old Adel Taarabt will join the squad of Clarence Seedorf and will try to help them reach a Serie A place that leads to a European competition.

Clarence Seedorf seems to believe that Taarabt can add something to his attack. At first Milan had tried to exchange him with 31-year-old Cristian Zaccardo but after that fell through, Milan decided to take Taarabt anyways and he's landed today.

Video: Welcome to Milan, Essien!
Pazzini: "It's a great day for me and for the team"

"I am very happy. It's an honour to play at the strongest team in Italy. I've already spoken with Seedorf and he told me what he expects from me. I can't wait to play," the Moroccan, whose loan spell at Fulham has been cut short, said at the Linate airport on Thursday. "My role? I like to play in the role of the attacking midfielder but can also play on the right or left wing.

"Balotelli? I don't know him personally but it's a great honour for me to play with him. I'm a player who likes to attack, score goals, make assists, dribble. My jersey number? I've worn number 7 and 10 in the past, but I'll take whichever number is available. A message to the Milan fans? I'll always try to give my best, and let's hope that we'll have a good time together. Flavio Briatore? He was my president at QPR and we have a great relationship. I'm sure that he's happy that I'm at Milan.

"A message for the Moroccans? I hope to make them proud because I'm the first Moroccan to play for Milan. I'm glad to be coached by Seedorf and can't wait to play with Kaka and Balotelli." There is no buy-out clause in Taarabt's contract as Milan and QPR, who still own him, will discuss what to do at the end of the season. The 24-year-old can obviously play in the CL.

Briatore, who reportedly recommended Milan to go for the forward, commented on the move: "Taarabt is a great player. My Queens Park Rangers made it to the EPL because of him. I have told many good things about him to Adriano Galliani."

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2014/01/30/taarabt-its-an-honour-i-cant-wait-to-play-for-milan/?

WhiteJC

Brede Hangeland helped lure Fulham loan signing William Kvist

Loan: William Kvist started his career at Copenhagen alongside Fulham captain Brede Hangeland

Fulham today strengthened their midfield options by signing Stuttgart's William Kvist on loan.

The Denmark international has moved until the end of the season with an option of making the deal a permanent one in the summer.

Kvist started his career at Copenhagen, where he played alongside Fulham captain Brede Hangeland, before moving to Stuttgart in 2011.

The 28-year-old trained with his new team-mates today and could go straight into the squad for Saturday's home game against Southampton.

"I have heard a lot of good things from Brede and it has been a target of mine to come here," said Kvist.

Olympiakos striker Konstantinos Mitroglou could join Kvist as he was undergoing a medical today ahead of a £11million move but Adel Taarabt is off to AC Milan on a temporary basis after failing to impress at Fulham, where he is on loan from QPR.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brede-hangeland-helped-lure-fulham-loan-signing-william-kvist-9096538.html

WhiteJC

Sidwell v Schneiderlin: Three Key Battles Which Will Decide Fulham v Southampton

Fulham take on Southampton at home with Rene Mulensteen's men under real pressure after three straight defeats in the league while the Saints have regained a bit of good form and now unbeaten in their last three in the top flight and a place in the FA Cup fifth round.

The Cottager's have slipped into the bottom three and find themselves in 19th place, two points from safety. Mauricio Pochettino's men on the other hand are firmly in the top half of the table after their 2-2 draw with Arsenal.

Here Squawka takes a look at three of the key battles in a game which will be crucial in Fulham's survival bid.

Steve Sidwell vs. Morgan Schneiderlin
These two are key in the centre of midfield and important at both breaking up opposition moves and starting them for their own side, getting involved in the attack themselves if they can.

Despite the teams differing positions in the league Sidwell actually has the better Squawka Performance Score, 553 compared to 394. Their stats are surprisingly similar though with just under half of the tackles they have attempted successful and both winning about 70% of take ons. Schneiderlin's passing is slightly better, 88% compared to 84% but the Frenchman has made 14 less interceptions.

Whoever comes out on top in this duel is likely to dominate the midfield and dictate the way the game pans out.

Sacha Reither vs. Adam Lallana

Reither has been the regular right back for the Cottagers this season and will be in for a torrid time up against England international Lallana who has been deployed on the left of the three in a 4-2-3-1 with a license to roam for Southampton recently.

Against Arsenal on Tuesday night Lallana scored one and completed 85% of the 40 passes he tried. He also won every single take on and tackle while making three interceptions.

This season he has six goals from his advanced midfield position and has also made 33 key passes resulting in four assists with an overall pass completion of 83%.

Reither, however, is a solid defender with 60% of his 35 attempted tackles won and a 88% take on success. Lallana will certainly have had easier opponents to face.

Dimitar Berbatov vs. Maya Yoshida
The maverick Bulgarian only has four goals in 18 outings this season but could fancy his chances up against Southampton's makeshift centre back pairing.

With Dejan Lovren out with an ankle problem Japan international Yoshida will step in alongside Jose Fonte once again for only his fifth league appearance of the season. While he wins almost three quarters of headers and tackles he only averages one tackle and four headers per match. Also in the three games he has started Saints have conceded five goals.

Berbatov could well fancy his chances and improve on his goal tally for the season. He has hit 55% of his 33 shots on target this season and has also made 25 key passes.

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/01/30/3-key-battles-from-fulham-v-southampton-featuring-sidwell-v-schneiderlin/2014013062155?

WhiteJC

Fulham Tunnicliffe Move Unlikely

Fulham's signing of Danish international William Kvist on loan from Stuttgart has ended their interest in Town's on-loan Manchester United midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe, we understand.

Earlier today it was reported that Cottagers boss René Meulensteen was set to make a joint bid for Tunnicliffe and his Red Devils team-mate Larnell Cole, players he previously worked with during his spell as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant at Old Trafford.

But, although Fulham have kept a close eye on Tunnicliffe during his loan spell with the Blues, we understand they have not firmed up their interest and the addition of Kvist, a central midfielder of a similar style, means a move for the 21-year-old is now unlikely.

Tunnicliffe has been a regular in the Town side since joining on loan in August, making 24 starts and five sub appearances. He extended his spell until the end of the season earlier this month.

The January transfer window closes at 11pm on Friday evening.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/24523?

WhiteJC

SOUTHAMPTON BOSS MAURICIO POCHETTINO CLAIMS TOTTENHAM'S LEWIS HOLTBY HAS JOINED FULHAM

Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino appears to have let slip that Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby has moved to Fulham.

Germany international Holtby had been widely tipped to leave Spurs before the transfer window closes, but it had seemed likely he would return to his homeland with Borussia Dortmund or former club Schalke.

But Pochettino appears to have inside information that Holtby is only moving across London.

He told his press conference ahead of his side's clash with the Cottagers this weekend that Holtby was a "good signing" for them.

The Saints boss' knowledge of the situation suggests that he was also in the running to sign the 24-year-old.

The Cottagers immediately denied the suggestions that they had signed Holtby, but on the surface it likes like a 'no smoke without fire' situation.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/01/southampton-boss-mauricio-pochettino-claims-tottenhams-lewis-holtby-has-joined-fulham/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

WhiteJC

Dimitar Berbatov set for move after Fulham target Kostas Mitroglou
• Club hope to sign Olympiakos striker for €13m
• Deal could allow Bulgarian to leave Craven Cottage

Olympiakos have turned down two bids from Fulham for their striker Kostas Mitroglou but a deal could be agreed before Friday.
Photograph: Franck Fife/AFP/Getty Images

Dimitar Berbatov's Fulham future is uncertain and he stands to make a deadline day move if the club were to sign the centre-forward they are chasing. René Meulensteen, the manager, has made Kostas Mitroglou of Olympiakos his top target while he has Ajax's Kolbeinn Sigthorsson as his back-up plan.

Berbatov, whose contract expires in June, has attracted the interest of Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal, among other clubs, and his situation is delicate as Friday night's transfer deadline approaches.

The 32-year-old has moped in recent weeks after his agent, Emil Dantchev, went public at the beginning of last month over the striker's desire to get a January move from Craven Cottage. Fulham are of the opinion that Berbatov can leave but only if they were able to sign a suitable replacement.

The club's owner, Shahid Khan, fearful of the prospect of relegation from the Premier League, is prepared to release £15m-£20m for Meulensteen to spend on reinforcing the squad.

Fulham have made two unsuccessful offers for Mitroglou, the Greece international, of €10m and €12m, with Olympiakos holding out for €15m. Fulham hope to reach a compromise at around €13m.

Mitroglou, 25, was available last year for just £4m but his value has increased on the back of his prolific form this season. He has 14 goals in 12 league appearances plus three in five Champions League ties – all three of them coming in the 3-0 group stage win at Anderlecht. Olympiakos face Manchester United in the last 16.

Sigthorsson, the 23-year-old Iceland international, is less prolific and he has scored only seven league goals so far this season for Ajax. But Meulensteen rates him and he believes that he could represent value at €10m.

Berbatov enjoyed two seasons at Tottenham from 2006 before he left under acrimonious circumstances for Manchester United. It would be a sensation were he to return to White Hart Lane but Tottenham do need another striker, with Jermain Defoe set to join Toronto FC at the end of February. The manager Tim Sherwood has Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado but he favours playing with two up front.

There was interest in Berbatov from Arsenal at the end of last month and Fulham mooted the idea of taking Nicklas Bendtner in a part-exchange deal, featuring a cash adjustment. Bendtner is also out of contract in the summer. But the Dane was injured on New Year's Day as he scored a crucial goal for Arsenal against Cardiff City and he has only just returned to fitness.

Berbatov is famously self-assured and one possible complication over a move for him would be his desire for guaranteed playing minutes.

Fulham, who have cooled their interest in West Ham United's Ravel Morrison, have signed the 28-year-old Denmark midfielder William Kvist from Stuttgart on loan for the rest of the season. They have the option to make the deal permanent in the summer. Meulensteen also wants the Tottenham attacking midfielder Lewis Holtby.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/dimitar-berbatov-leave-fulham-kostas-mitroglou?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Fulham keen to bring in Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley

Phil Bardsley: The Sunderland defender is wanted by Fulham

Sky Sports sources understand Fulham have made renewed bid for Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley.

The Cottagers had a £1million offer to their relegation rivals turned down for the 28-year-old full-back last week.

With the player's contract expiring at the end of the season, Black Cats boss Guy Poyet is keen to keep him with the promise of a new deal in the summer.

Bardsley looked like his time at the club was coming to an end when he was frozen out by previous boss Paolo Di Canio, but has now established himself as a key member of the side under the Uruguayan.

He scored against former club Manchester United as the Wearsiders booked their place in the Capital One Cup final against Manchester City.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9141901/transfer-news-fulham-keen-to-bring-in-sunderland-defender-phil-bardsley?

WhiteJC

Fulham are in advanced talks to sign Tottenham's Lewis Holtby - but the move hasn't been completed yet

Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino seemed to reveal the German international is heading to Craven Cottage, but the deal has not yet been concluded

Fulham keen: But no deal for Lewis Holtby has been completed
PA

Fulham are in advanced talks with Tottenham to sign Lewis Holtby, Mirror Sport understands.

But no move has yet been concluded for the 23-year-old, despite Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino appearing to suggest in his Thursday press conference that a deal had been concluded.

Holtby's agent hinted earlier this week that the former Schalke man could move away from White Hart Lane before the end of the transfer, but almost certainly in a loan move.

Marcus Noack said: "My feeling is that he will leave but it is not in our hands at the moment.

"Tottenham have to agree to let him go first. We have to find a solution in the next couple of days.

"I think it will be a loan because it is difficult for anyone to buy Lewis."

On the future of one of his own players, Dani Osvaldo, Saints boss Pochettino said that he had nothing to say despite reports linking the striker with a move to Juventus.

He said: "At the moment, there's no news but a lot of things can happen at that time."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfer-news-lewis-holtby-3094497#ixzz2ruExa2Wu
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham poised to announce club-record capture of £12.5m Konstantinos Mitroglou

Club-record signing: Konstantinos Mitroglou is currently in London having a medical

Fulham are set to announce the signing of Greek striker Konstantinos Mitroglou for a club record fee of 15.2 million euros (£12.5m) from Olympiakos.

The 25-year-old is currently in London for a medical having agreed terms on a four-and-a-half-year contract worth £40,000 a week. Fulham initially had a bid of 10 million euros turned down by the Greek champions, but have eventually landed their primary target after coming back with two more offers, with the fee surpassing the £11.5m paid for Steve Marlet in 2001 and Andy Johnson in 2008.

Mitroglou's arrival could now clear the way for Fulham to allow Dimitar Berbatov to leave, with Tottenham rumoured to be interested in re-signing the Bulgarian. He could be used in a deal to sign Lewis Holtby from Spurs as Rene Meulensteen seeks to revamp his squad.

Mitroglou – who has scored 17 goals for his club this season - was scouted by Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal earlier this season and renewed his contract with Olympiakos only last month having previously had an 8 million euro release clause.

But with Fulham desperate for reinforcements as they fight to avoid the drop, Rene Meulensteen's side were the only club to register an official bid.  According to a source close to the player, Mitroglou has no concerns about swapping the forthcoming Champions League last 16 tie against Manchester United with a relegation battle.

Having signed Danish midfielder William Kvist on loan from Stuttgart earlier on Thursday, Fulham have also been linked with a move for Phil Bardsley from Sunderland, who is out of contract in the summer. But it is the capture of Mitroglou, who scored three times in the two-legged World Cup playoff against Romania in November, that will most excite Cottagers' fans.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-poised-to-announce-clubrecord-capture-of-125m-konstantinos-mitroglou-9097160.html

WhiteJC

Holtby move to Fulham permanent - report

Well, this is an interesting development.

According to the Liverpool Echo, Lewis Holtby's move to Fulham will be on a permanent transfer, not on loan. They say that the fee will be just £5m.

Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby is set to join neighbours Fulham, despite recent reports linking him back to the Bundesliga. The midfielder has reached advanced talks, with the fee estimating to be around £5 million.

That translates to €6.1m in Euros, which is the fee that Spurs demanded from Borussia Dortmund for Holtby, which was turned down. If Holtby's agent and Fulham had knowledge of Spurs' asking price for Holtby from Bundesliga clubs, it seems reasonable that they would ask to pay the same fee if they wanted to buy him.

Holtby has struggled quite a bit in his year at Spurs, but he's also shown flashes of brilliance and hasn't been given an extended run in the first team. Spurs will double their money on Holtby if this deal goes through, but it will certainly disappoint Spurs fans to see him leave for such a nominal fee.

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2014/1/30/5361606/lewis-holtby-tottenham-hotspur-transfer-rumours?

WhiteJC

Adel Taarabt: The player nobody knew

The first time I saw Adel Taarabt play was in the closing minutes of a match between West Ham and Tottenham in 2007. He came on with his trailing in the final minutes and, via some beautifully intricate skill, won a free-kick on the edge of the box which Tottenham would score and equalise from. He was seventeen years-old and he was impressive – he had such an obvious abundance of self-belief.

Little did anyone know...

Taarabt left England today and moved on-loan to AC Milan, meaning that he'll finally get the stage that he's forever been telling us that he deserves. Tottenham, QPR, Fulham...in his mind, all of those clubs were stepping-stones to the future which he has always believed would eventually be his.

The Moroccan is one of the most frustrating players of his generation and that's primarily because even though his ability does validate his ambition, his footballing IQ has always stopped him from being the player he should be. He doesn't know when to pass or when to shoot, and he values the glorification of his own ability over the collective success of his team. How can you trust a player like that in any situation which matters?

One the one hand, the child-like liberty with which he plays is probably what has allowed him to develop such pronounced technical ability, but on the other it's that same immaturity which has prevented him from becoming an elite player. He does what he wants on a football pitch, and he's incapable of being a functioning part of any tactical system which isn't built entirely around him – and to this day, no manager has ever been able to coach that out of him.

Maybe at AC Milan something will change mentally for him, and maybe that environment will provoke a sense of responsibility from Taarabt and he'll learn to use his ability more economically – but would you really bet on it? He's incredibly fortunate to have an opportunity at a club like AC Milan, but who knows whether he'll ultimately be smart enough to know how to take advantage of it.

He's been in England for nearly seven years now, but he still confuses me as much as he did in 2007.

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/adel-taarabt-the-player-nobody-knew/

WhiteJC

Cottagers agree fee for striker

According to Sky Sports, Fulham have agreed a fee for Greek striker Konstantinos Mitroglou from Greek champions Olympiakos.

The broadcaster reports that the Cottagers have held talks with the Greek striker and his representatives all week and have edged closer to a deal, after agreeing a £12.5 million bid for the in-form striker.

The Greek international has been in red-hot form of late, scoring 17 goals in 19 games for Olympiakos this season, including consecutive hat-tricks earlier in the campaign against both Xanthi and Levadiakos in the Greek Super League.

Form

His prolific form for both club and country alerted the interest of multiple clubs to try and sign the former Borussia Monchengladbach youngster, although it appears that Fulham are now in pole position for his signature.

The Cottagers slid into the bottom three in this round of fixtures following their 2-0 away defeat at Swansea City on Tuesday night, and they will be hoping that Mitroglou, 25, will add the fire-power needed to help them pull out of and away from the Premier League's relegation zone.

After the unveiling of Danish defensive midfielder William Kvist this afternoon, the signing of Mitroglou could be the second signing for Fulham within 24 hours, and could also spark a sensational swap deal.

Swap

As per Goal, Mitroglou's seemingly imminent move to England would put Rene Meulensteen's men in position to pursue a swap deal with London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

According to the website, Fulham's Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov reportedly held talks with Spurs earlier this week, although they stalled, possibly due to the frosty relations between the clubs following the moves for Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey.

However, the website claims that the Cottagers are interested in Spurs midfielder Lewis Holtby; the signing of Mitroglou may see the two clubs make a deal to swap the two players before the window closes tomorrow night.

http://www.touchlinetalk.com/cottagers-agree-fee-striker/84143/?

WhiteJC

£5M Deal Close To Completion

Holtby out of White Hart Lane, to Fulham.

Karl Cryer of the Liverpool Echo is monitoring football transfers for the Merseyside paper.

Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby is set to join neighbours Fulham, despite recent reports linking him back to the Bundesliga.  The midfielder has reached advanced talks, with the fee estimating to be around £5 million."

If Holtby were to leave Tottenham, it would certainly provoke a mixed reaction from supporters.

The 23 year old who joined Spurs in 2012, has made only 23 appearances in the Lilywhite, and scored just the one goal – curiously enough, against Fulham – but his positive attitude made him an almost instant hit with the fans. Holtby understands the importance of social media and unlike many professional footballers, ran his own Facebook and Twitter accounts, which added to warmth he was shown.

Of course, if this deal were to take place, then it would spark rumours that former Tottenham star, Dimitar Berbatov could be included in the deal somehow. The return of the Bulgarian would again, be met with a mixed response, as the player was reported as having gone on strike prior to his move to Manchester United.

Tottenham's next game is away to Hull City on the 1st of February.

http://threeandin.com/archives/34274?

WhiteJC

Premier League Preview: Fulham v Southampton

Southampton have not won at Fulham for over 66 years - but they will fancy their chances of ending that dismal run on Saturday.

Not since October 1947 have the south-coast club triumphed at Craven Cottage, with the Londoners winning eight of the 15 games between the two sides at the ground since.

This weekend could provide one of Southampton's best opportunities to bring that record to an end, though, as struggling Fulham languish second-bottom of the Premier League.

Rene Meulensteen's side slumped to a third consecutive top-flight defeat when they were beaten 2-0 at Swansea City on Tuesday.

The London club have scored only one goal in their last three games, conceding eight in those fixtures, while no Premier League club have lost more home games this season than their total of seven.

Ninth-placed Southampton have already beaten Fulham once this season, when Rickie Lambert and Jay Rodriguez scored in a 2-0 win at St Mary's in October, head to the capital on the back of a 2-2 home draw with title-hopefuls Arsenal.

Head coach Meulensteen brought in midfielder William Kvist on loan from Stuttgart for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move on Thursday.

And the Denmark midfielder hopes to make an immediate impact at the weekend.

He said: "Of course I would like to be involved against Southampton but the head coach will see if I'm fit and able to play - I think I am, although I haven't played for Stuttgart this year, but I'm feeling fit and motivated."

One player who will definitely not feature against Mauricio Pochettino's charges is Adel Taarabt as the playmaker, on loan from QPR, is set to complete a move to Milan.

Meulensteen will check on the fitness of John Arne Riise (hamstring) and Fernando Amorebieta (knee), but Matt Briggs (hernia) will not feature.

Pochettino was full of praise for his side following their impressive display against Arsenal and was left to rue not securing all three points.

However, the Argentinian is braced for a tough test at Craven Cottage despite Fulham's poor form.

"Fulham will want to get three points from us on Saturday. It's going to be a tough game." Pochettino said.

"There are still a lot of points to be won. Fulham had some problems at the start of the season, but they've changed a lot."

Pochettino revealed that striker Rickie Lambert will return to the squad after recovering from a hamstring problem, and midfielder Victor Wanyama (calf) could start for the first time since early in December.

Striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo will play no part as he continues to serve a suspension following a training ground incident, while Dejan Lovren and Gaston Ramirez (both ankle) are still not fit.

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2014/January/30/premier-league-preview-fulham-v-southampton/?

WhiteJC

Fulham forward linked with Verona move

Fulham forward Pajtim Kasami. Mandatory credit: Action Images.

Serie A side Hellas Verona have been linked with a move for Fulham forward Pajtim Kasami, according to TuttoMercatoWeb.

The Italians are on the lookout for a direct replacement for youngster Jorginho, who signed for Napoli earlier this month after a highly impressive start to the season in Italy's top flight.

Kasami has been in decent form himself this season, attracting interest from top clubs such as Juventus, and he has previously played in Serie A with Palermo.

The 21-year-old could be a useful addition for Verona as they look to maintain their top flight status after winning promotion last year, and he could be tempted by a move away from struggling Fulham.

The Cottagers themselves are likely to be active in the final days of the transfer window, which may mean there is room for Kasami to make way.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/39413-fulham-forward-linked-with-verona-move.php#.UusoIf0cKbA

WhiteJC

Kvist verdict
As the January transfer window reaches a crescendo of activity, Sky Sports runs the rule over the high-profile movers in the Premier League. Hit or miss? Read our assessment and offer your own verdict here...

William Kvist

To: Fulham
Fee: On Loan

Position: Midfielder
Nationality: Danish

Bio

The 28-year-old defensive midfielder arrives on a temporary deal from Bundesliga club Stuttgart with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer. A Denmark international and five-time Danish Superliga champions with FC Copenhagen, he featured regularly for Stuttgart last season but has recently lost his place in the team and has not featured since a substitute appearance in early December.

He says

"I'm very pleased to have got the deal done and I'm looking forward to contributing to this fantastic club. Of course I've heard a lot of good things from Brede (Hangeland) and it's been a target of mine to come here so I'm delighted to be here really. I just had my first training session and it was perfect. It was good to get to know the guys and talk to René Meulensteen about the tactical concepts and what his ideas are so I'm very much looking forward to my time here."

They say

"He exudes calmness on the ball." - Bruno Labbadia, former Stuttgart coach.

Hit?

As indicated by the above statistic, Kvist brings with him a combative approach that's been somewhat lacking from the team's performances so far this season and will provide support for the ageing trio of Scott Parker, Giorgos Karagounis and Steve Sidwell in the Fulham midfield. Kvist has good experience in the Bundesliga and, arguably more importantly given the sated egos among the Cottagers playing staff, a point to prove.

Miss?

Fulham's collection of misfits and loan signings proved a problem for previous manager Martin Jol as there was never any sense that the club was building for anything in particular - just surviving from one game to the next. A temporary signing from Germany is unlikely to have the transformative impact that is required of a team that is now the bookmakers' favourites for relegation.

Verdict

Kvist will strengthen a Fulham midfield that has struggled for energy this season and it would be no surprise to see the Dane establish himself as a first-team regular for the remainder of the campaign. File this one under quietly effective.

What is your verdict on William Kvist?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9142019?