News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would you put in our central midfield now?

Started by General, January 31, 2014, 01:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

Just excited to see the competition week in and week out for places in the team... with Kasami, Dejagah and Kaca all worthy of seeing the field... will be interesting over the next 3 months.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

FPT

433:

----------------------------------------Stekelenburg
Riether--------------------Hangeland---------------------Burn-------------Taylor
-----------------------------------------Kvist----------------------------------
------------------------------Parker---------------Holtby-----------------------
Dejagah---------------------------------------------------------------Kacaniklic
---------------------------------------Mitroglou

Backup:

GK - Stockdale
RB - Zverotic
CB - Senderos/Amorebieta
LB - Riise
CM - Sidwell/Kasami/Karagounis
RW - Duff
ST - Bent/Hugo
LW - Richardson

Barring perhaps the wide men, I think that's a good squad. More suited to Rene, Holtby and Troggers are fantastic signings.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: FPT on January 31, 2014, 03:47:00 PM
433:

----------------------------------------Stekelenburg
Riether--------------------Hangeland---------------------Burn-------------Taylor
-----------------------------------------Kvist----------------------------------
------------------------------Parker---------------Holtby-----------------------
Dejagah---------------------------------------------------------------Kacaniklic
---------------------------------------Mitroglou

Backup:

GK - Stockdale
RB - Zverotic
CB - Senderos/Amorebieta
LB - Riise
CM - Sidwell/Kasami/Karagounis
RW - Duff
ST - Bent/Hugo
LW - Richardson

Barring perhaps the wide men, I think that's a good squad. More suited to Rene, Holtby and Troggers are fantastic signings.
this, if we get taylor. im sick of the 4231/4411 formation.

jmh

Apparently the answer to the topic question is: put everyone in central midfield and just sorta hope it works out.    :dft007:

YoungsBitter

On today's showing Sidwell and Duff should never play again, why we play without width, again is beyond me. Kvist looked great for a guy who had not played in 2 months and Holtby is class. Surely even Rene and his two 'helpers' must be able to see what the rest of the Prem worked out months ago Parker and Sidwell are slow and stay too deep, hope we never see them line up together again. We keep saying how Sidwell deserves his spot based on effort, well sorry thats just niaive and we will be relegated with him and Parker as our starting midfield.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If we are to fight our way out of this....................Why still pick Parker ?????

Parker is not a fighter, he is not a lover either ................no passion
with any luck  Curbs will have a word with Butch or  Rene  

jmh

Quote from: KCat on February 01, 2014, 11:12:32 PM
If we are to fight our way out of this....................Why still pick Parker ?????
Because he's the same player as Sidwell but better.

YoungsBitter

Parker is still able to pick a pass and will actually throw his body in the way of shots etc so its a bit harsh to say he is not a fighter.
I think since Curbs and Butch arrived its got worse so would rather he pissed off back to TV land
Quark, strangeness and charm

Lighthouse

Well I bow to the majority but I don't understand why Parker is ahead of Sidwell. Wouldn't have him in my starting 11. Sidwell I always would.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: jmh on February 01, 2014, 11:15:32 PM

Nooooo ! he is not better and  Parker does not have a winning mentality but Sidwell does, he is two years younger and probably costs 50% less.  
Parker was a  crop circle cutter in a previous life.

Pluto

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 01, 2014, 11:20:29 PM
Well I bow to the majority but I don't understand why Parker is ahead of Sidwell. Wouldn't have him in my starting 11. Sidwell I always would.

I'd have Sidwell over Parker any day. Offers much more. Still don't see what Parker brings to the table or why we bought him. He's been dire recently and we'd do well do get his 45k a week off our wage budget in the summer before he declines even further and were stuck with him for two more seasons.

jmh

Quote from: KCat on February 01, 2014, 11:26:38 PM
Quote from: jmh on February 01, 2014, 11:15:32 PM

Nooooo ! he is not better and  Parker does not have a winning mentality but Sidwell does, he is two years younger and probably costs 50% less.  
Parker was a  crop circle cutter in a previous life.

Salary and age are important things to consider this summer but right now we need the better player.  Parker is better.  "Winning mentality" is meaningless faux-psychological tripe that you could claim about anyone with absolutely no basis.  Zverotic has a winning mentality so we'd better play him!  

ScalleysDad

Interesting to read a couple of threads and now this one with barely a mention of Dempsey ....................... and good job too. Poor on Tuesday and a waste of a place today. The P2 fracas was going on as the players came off but he was miles ahead of the rest of the team and walked straight down the tunnel. Did he applaud anyone or is he our new stroppy one. Offered nothing, nothing to offer step aside please.

Not sure what to think about Bent but words fail me. Maybe if we gave up some seats and painted barn doors behind the goals he might just shin one in. The greek fella had better be good.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Pluto on February 01, 2014, 11:29:28 PM

I'd have Sidwell over Parker any day. Offers much more. Still don't see what Parker brings to the table or why we bought him. He's been dire recently and we'd do well do get his 45k a week off our wage budget in the summer before he declines even further and were stuck with him for two more seasons.

Ha !!! £45K............................. more like £70

Sidwell is probably on £30000

Pluto

Quote from: KCat on February 01, 2014, 11:40:25 PM
Quote from: Pluto on February 01, 2014, 11:29:28 PM

Ha !!! £45K............................. more like £70

Sidwell is probably on £30000

I heard 45 somewhere but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was on more. Very strange that we gave him such a long contract.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Before Berba came the story was  Riisa was the highest paid @ £45G

And Parker was offered £72G by QPR ...........I doubt he came to us for much less than that. 

Zu-Meister

Kacaniklic     Holtby    Parker     Dejagah(where the hell was he today???? I demand answers, even though i knwo i wouldnt get any) 

And Kvist Holding. I think it works better with one holding player, and 2 roaming.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Zu-Meister on February 02, 2014, 12:03:31 AM
Kacaniklic     Holtby    Parker     Dejagah(where the hell was he today???? I demand answers, even though i knwo i wouldnt get any) 

And Kvist Holding. I think it works better with one holding player, and 2 roaming.

Dejagah was on the balcony first half and a bit of the second. Disappeared on the hour ............... a common trait today.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 02, 2014, 12:16:24 AM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on February 02, 2014, 12:03:31 AM

Dejagah was on the balcony first half and a bit of the second. Disappeared on the hour ............... a common trait today.
so annoyed that duff gets picked ahead of him

TonyGilroy

Duff was there to protect Richardson. This was a team that was supposed to be hard to beat and in truth we had first half chances.

Kvist to hold because that's why he was bought. Parker and Holtby to run the midfield. Either two wingers or one with a support striker who actually just could be Sidwell but that's the only place I'd play him.