Heitinga signs - OFFICIAL

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, January 31, 2014, 10:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on January 31, 2014, 10:58:55 PM
Quote from: Berserker on January 31, 2014, 10:58:33 PM
Bit worried about what Murph said though

What was this?

that we made a mistake; that Hughes is a far superior CB and we shouldn't have let him go to Rangers.

I think I agree with Captain Danny about this. Heitinga's a bit of a Yesterday Man. I think he's this transfer period's Rodallega. Everyone is expecting him to do for us what he hasn't done for Everton in 2.5 seasons.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rusty shackleford

He cant be worse than Senderos though,

Maybe similar, but surely not worse

A different type of bad

twitter is split 50/50 some people think hes poo others say hes great

HatterDon

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2014, 11:05:18 PM

A different type of bad

twitter is also 50-50 between people who think the earth is flat and those who think it revolves around Pluto.

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on January 31, 2014, 11:07:34 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2014, 11:05:18 PM

A different type of bad

twitter is also 50-50 between people who think the earth is flat and those who think it revolves around Pluto.

Perhaps if they narrowed it down to who has seen him play on a regular basis then it would have some relevance.

rusty shackleford

Pluto

Quote from: hatterdon on January 31, 2014, 11:05:18 PM

:008:

Arthur

Seeing him at Everton, I always considered him to be one of their less dependable performers. On the other hand, the fact that he was voted fans' player of the year the season before last could mean that he is better than I imagine.

In any event, that he has chosen us when he declined to join West Ham gives me hope that he sees we are in a better position than The Irons to save ourselves.

Baider

With senderos and hughes gone this signing is quite important

Burt

Let's welcome him to the club and see him in action before jumping to any conclusions or rushing in to make him the new Club Scapegoat...

Pluto

I'd rather have kept Hughes but let's at least give him a chance.

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on January 31, 2014, 11:22:26 PM
Let's welcome him to the club and see him in action before jumping to any conclusions or rushing in to make him the new Club Scapegoat...

:plus one:

Agree - he's a Fulham player now - we should welcome him and get behind him, at least see what he can do, and give him a chance,  before we criticise him.

Luffy86

HatterDon

It does make me smile that transferring Hughes out on a free is a PLUS and transferring Heitinga in on a free is also a PLUS. Everton's fighting for a European slot. Giving him away today says more about his abilities than how many caps he won for Holland or when he was Fans Player of the Year.

MiltonBurrows

Rejected West Ham and came to us, surely says something about the possibility of staying up?
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: HatterDon on February 01, 2014, 12:27:19 AM
It does make me smile that transferring Hughes out on a free is a PLUS and transferring Heitinga in on a free is also a PLUS. Everton's fighting for a European slot. Giving him away today says more about his abilities than how many caps he won for Holland or when he was Fans Player of the Year.

At the same time they just signed someone from Monaco, he's likely to be on big wages. It's well known that Heitinga was also on big wages so no point keeping a pricey back up. You won't see me rejoicing that Hughes left though.

Blanco

I think this is a good signing. When he turned West Ham down I wondered whether coming here was on his mind. I would rather have Heitinga than Hughes. Hughes is past it. Heitinga has also seen better days but I just think he offers more than Hughes. And Senderos well...

valdeingruo

Quote from: MOR : on January 31, 2014, 10:50:23 PM
He looks evil...

Him and Mitorglu could scare defenders on set pieces
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

the nutflush

Sad to see Hughes go but anyone has got to be better than Ponderos.

leonffc

Quote from: The Moose on January 31, 2014, 10:39:35 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on January 31, 2014, 10:36:10 PM
does this mean burn drops out? Hangeland goes back to his preferred left side?
I really hope not. If he does I think Rene would be mad. He's been superb so far.

Obviously I know as much as anyone and am just speculating but my guess is that it will be a Hangeland & Heitinga partnership with Burn as back up.
Firstly, Heitinga was released by Everton because he wanted to play his way into the Dutch world Cup squad. Whilst I doubt rene has assured him a starting place I would have thought something along those lines has been said, form and commitment dependant.
Secondly, I really like Burn but he is young and it wont be the end of the world if we bed him in slowly (I would still like him to start personally) and him being 3rd choice, on the bench, in and around the 1st team will still be good for his development.
And thirdly, we are in the brown stuff! Between now and May the pressure will be on big time and maybe Heitinga's experience will be a massive plus. Whilst Burn has been superb, he is perhaps due a mistake or two (or maybe not?) and to make that and shred his nerves could be worse for him than the club.

Anyway, Burn will definately play the FA cup games I would think. Is Heitinga cup tied anyway? If not Rene definatley has a decision to make if Heitinga isnt tied and Burn plays. Does he stick with him for the final? COYW  049:gif

sunburywhite

Quote from: MOR : on January 31, 2014, 10:50:23 PM
He looks evil...

Wasn't he in Men In Black? The bloke who had the guns shop and had his head shot off which then came back out of his collar
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me