more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (31/01/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 30, 2014, 05:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham back in for Hammers' star

Fulham have made another move for West Ham star Ravel Morrison - as they try to snatch him from the claws of Manchester City who have dramatically entered the race.

The 20-year-old midfielder has been unsettled at the east London club and was reported to be interested in a move across town to Fulham last month following a deterioration in his relationship with Sam Allardyce.

While the pair are understood to have patched up their differences for now Morrison still wants a move away.

And following the shock news that Manchester City have made an enquiry for the player - possibly with Joleon Lescott going the other way - Fulham's interest has once again been aroused.

With any deal with City hinging on Lescott going to the Hammers - far from a certainty given his wage demands - it means Fulham could snare the talented player as Allardyce decides he needs everyone pulling in the same direction for the relegation dogfight ahead.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/39486-fulham-back-in-for-hammers-star.php#.UuvPfv0cKbA

WhiteJC

Fulham Sign Mitroglou

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Greece international Konstantinos Mitroglou on a four-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed fee, seeing the player at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2018.

The 25-year-old striker arrives in West London from Olympiakos where he has netted 14 times in this season's Greek Super League, making him the league's top goalscorer.

Mitroglou started his career in Germany before moving to Olympiakos in 2007 where he made 148 appearances, scoring 62 goals, in six seasons. He helped his team to three Super League titles, three Greek Cups and one Greek Super Cup.

On the international scene, Mitroglou has scored eight goals in 28 appearances for his country. He scored three crucial goals in Greece's two-legged World Cup Qualifying Play-Off victory against Romania last November, sending his nation to this summer's 2014 World Cup Finals in the process.

Mitroglou made history as the first Greek player to score a hat-trick in the UEFA Champions League, notching all three goals in this season's 3-0 win away at Anderlecht in the Group Stages.

"I'm very happy that I'm here in the Premier League, and especially with Fulham which is a major club in the league," Mitroglou told the official website. "I'm here because I want to fulfil the Club's targets and I want to help the Club achieve their goals. I was really flattered that they wanted me so badly and I'm really happy to be here.

"I'm really happy that I will work with René Meulensteen. I know that he has a lot of experience in football. He explained to me how he works and I am really looking forward to working with him.

"I also spoke to Giorgos [Karagounis] before I came here and he told me only the best things about Fulham."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/31/fulham-sign-mitroglou?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Kostas Mitroglou completes deadline-day move to Fulham

Kostas Mitroglou: Four hat-tricks this season

Fulham have completed the signing of Olympiakos striker Kostas Mitroglou.

The Greece international - prolific in his home country this season - joins on a four-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

West Ham made a late bid to rival Fulham for Mitroglou's signature, according to Sky sources, but the 25-year-old has opted for west London.

Mitroglou leaves Greece as the top scorer in the country's Super League, and his Champions League hat-trick at Anderlecht in October is one of four he has scored this season.

His arrival follows Fulham's loan deal for Tottenham's Lewis Holtby earlier on deadline day.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9143779/?

WhiteJC

Mitroglou verdict
As the January transfer window reaches a crescendo of activity, Sky Sports runs the rule over the high-profile movers in the Premier League. Hit or miss? Read our assessment and offer your own verdict here...

Kostas Mitroglou

To: Fulham
Fee: £12.4million

Position: Striker
Nationality: Greek

Bio

Although born in Greece, Mitroglou grew up in Germany and played reserve-team football for Borussia Monchengladbach before returning to his homeland with Olympiakos. After several loan spells elsewhere, he enjoyed a breakthrough season last year and has further developed his game in the 2013/14 season with a strike rate of better than a goal per game in the Greek Super League.

He says

"My success is the result of a lot of hard work over the years. Some years have passed since 2007, when I kicked on in the Monchengladbach youth and reserve teams. During this time I have always tried to improve myself constantly. Of course, it has required a lot of patience and also a little bit of luck."

They say

"As the Greek league is less on the front of the stage, there is less talk of Mitroglou. He is discovered when playing international matches. I'm happy for him because this is a guy who has both a physical presence and a sense of finishing.... This is a true finisher. He must try to evolve to a higher level to see what he really is capable of. In any case, all the major European clubs will certainly be alert. When you look at his statistics, we cannot ignore him." - Arsene Wenger, Arsenal manager.

Hit?

Lethargy in front of goal has been a problem for Fulham this season but there seems little danger of that with Mitroglou. The Greece international is one of the in-form strikers in European football and bagged a Champions League hat-trick as recently as October in the 3-0 win at Anderlecht. This is a player who could link up well with Lewis Holtby and turn Fulham's season around.

Miss?

Goals in Greece are one thing but Fulham need a striker who can hit the ground running and deliver immediately. With some fitness concerns surrounding the player, the bedding-in period will be short and expectations high. Can Mitroglou cope with the spotlight that comes with the huge fee and the responsibility of getting Fulham winning again?

Verdict

It's a lot of money but there's a lot of money at stake for Fulham as they are playing for their Premier League future. Mitroglou has the tools to fire them to safety and make this considerable outlay look like a good investment. Expect him to make an impact.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9143736/mitroglou-verdict?

WhiteJC

Fulham beat West Ham to Olympiakos striker Kostas Mitroglou

Fulham have completed the signing of Greek international Kostas Mitroglou despite strong interest from West Ham.

The Cottagers have been linked with the 25-year-old striker for some days, but the deal was called into question when West Ham boss Sam Allardyce made his interest known yesterday.

However Rene Meulensteen has sealed the signing of Mitroglou from Olympiakos, on what is reported to be a four-and-a-half-year deal.

The striker has scored 21 goals in 23 appearances for club and country this season, including a Champions League hat-trick against Anderlecht.

It is believed the Cottagers will have to pay upwards of £11m for his services, as he joins Lewis Holtby, William Kvist and Clint Dempsey as arrivals at Craven Cottage this month, with the trio all signing loan deals.

Holtby arrived earlier today from Tottenham, where he had struggled to get game time under both Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/31/fulham-beat-west-ham-to-olympiakos-striker-kostas-mitroglou-4285713/?