watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, February 01, 2014, 09:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Those older foot soldiers like me will recall the last stay in the top flight from 1959 until 1968. Many of those seasons were like this with us looking certs for the trap door but then for no apparent reason we would burst into winning life and survive. So that is why, by way of history, that I do not feel that all is lost. He of little faith.

Thank you and good night.

092.gif       

grandad

Quote from: bog on February 01, 2014, 09:59:33 PM
Those older foot soldiers like me will recall the last stay in the top flight from 1959 until 1968. Many of those seasons were like this with us looking certs for the trap door but then for no apparent reason we would burst into winning life and survive. So that is why, by way of history, that I do not feel that all is lost. He of little faith.

Thank you and good night.

092.gif       

I was there.
092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Peabody

Sir Alec of good Stock

Less money and more pride and in those days players didn't have relegation get out clauses in their contract.

hovewhite

Were there's games there's hope.

Fernhurst

The majority of The Old Sods Army featured in our last campaign in the top flight and these feelings are very familiar.
If Spartacus does not prove to an instant salvation we will need to face the future with fortitude.
Don't think I've ever seen the ground empty so quickly, starting after the 2nd goal. Reflects the nature of the crowd these days.  Not so many in The Old Sods eh?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Evening fellow old sods. I have never left early. Even when we lost 6-1 at home to Sheffield Wednesday and Alan Mullery put through is own goal inside 20 seconds....nowadays it is different. They easily get the hump when the players need vocal support. It is easy to only cheer when you are going well. Today if Bent had have scored in the first half it may have been different. Fulham for ever.   

092.gif