watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AJ injury status?

Started by jarv, May 20, 2010, 12:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Will he be back next season? Rumour about Fletcher from Burnley. Would be excellent for Fulham, right type of player (good footballer and quick around the box)and could send AJ in the other direction to ease the price.

os5889

this is the fella right? i forgot we owned the right to pay him 50k a week to sit on a beach

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: os5889 on May 20, 2010, 02:13:18 PM

this is the fella right? i forgot we owned the right to pay him 50k a week to sit on a beach

Insurance pays his wages while he's out injured, don't give AJ a tough time, he and Bobby got us to 7th in the league and we probably wouldn't have progressed without AJ in the early stages of the Europa League. He's played a bigger part this season than people think remember that, he will be a fitter and stronger player next season and I can't wait to see him back in a white shirt

os5889

I just miss him is all  :012:

LBNo11

...I hope he gets fit soon and wish him well in his career, he is a nice guy.

That said you have more faith in his abilities than have I. His enforced absence has changed the blueprint of our team format, it has brought out the best in Bobby Zamora who is a far, far better target man, and in Zoltan Gera who has formed a brilliant partnership with BZ.

I hope he forces me to eat my words, but to me he has lost his pace, he runs into dead end channels, is knocked off the ball too easily and as a target man he is one dimensional and easily read by defenders.

Not expecting anybody to agree with me, just my opinion...

:028:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

White Noise

Fulham's player of the season next year - mark my words!

A classic Hodgson type do or die man who will follow orders for the team and make everyone else look good while he gets slated.

Andy Johnson's magic he wears a magic hat - I tell ya!

AlFayedsChequebook

I think people have written him off because of his injury this year which is unfair. No doubt he will come back and do well, even if it is off the subs bench to start off with.

Chopper

Sold my soul to the Green Pole

FFCSteve

So....... If you had a choice would you play AJ up front with BZ or BZ with ZG or BZ with AJ?
I know which I'd prefer! Bobby has come alive with confidence having the dominant forward position. Would he go back to his old way with AJ?
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Lighthouse

Gera and BZ were fine when we counter attacked and were under the kosh. But against the poor teams we need a player who can actually put pressure on defenders. AJ was that type of player. Not sure how injury has effected him but I know that without him Roy changed the way the side played and that made BZ far more of a target player. But we need a forward who can do more than just wait for something to happen. If AJ is that player then fine.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope