watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tunnicliffe & Cole

Started by JackyFulham90, February 03, 2014, 10:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legate21

They've both been given squad numbers (Tunnicliffe 19 and Cole 21), so I fully expect them to stay. They will probably get a run out in the U21s to see if they are fit and ready.

westcliff white

Quote from: FPT on February 03, 2014, 03:13:12 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on February 03, 2014, 02:26:22 PM
Quote from: FPT on February 03, 2014, 02:14:55 PM
Yeah, I don't think these are signings for today. We may see both play for the U21s on Friday, and then be shipped out (Cole in particular) when the loan window reopens.

In this situation, we're not even playing Kacaniklic and Kasami, why would we chuck in Cole and Tunny?

I cant see what they would have to gain from levaing uniteds U21's to come to ours. Both were playing regularly for the 21's unless loaned out (Tunnicliffe apparently was Ipswichs best player this season), so to move must surely be for first team action. Tunnicliffe for sure maybe not so Cole but just don't see them leaving united to come to be in our reserves (i.e. the u21's)

Because they realise that the pathway to the first team is shorter than it is at Manchester United? That the coach knows them well; maybe Manchester United made them surplus, especially with the investment needed in that team. All eligible reasons. Cole is without a professional appearance, barring the 13 minutes he got in the old Carling Cup in 2011.

Tunnicliffe is more likely to play than Cole, but that comes with already a total of a year of senior football, 6 months at Peterborough in League One and 6 months at Ipswich pushing for promotion in the Championship.
Valid points but given Rene is only here (as it stands) till the end of the season, and giving that our record of playing youngsters is poor, I still believe that they will be nearer the first team than u21's.

If they are not near it then we are only brining in 3 players younger than 30 which  seems pointless given that RM keeps saying we need energy
Every day is a Fulham day

Arthur

I agree, WW.

I don't see how we could have sold the Club to them at this moment in time if all we could promise was U21 football between now and the end of the season.

Tunnicliffe, especially, was already playing regularly at Ipswich, so why join a club with whom his next competitive game wouldn't be for at least 7 months and might well be at the same level as he has been playing at all season already?

VamosFFC

Ya, I expect them to play some part in the first team this season. The squad numbers they have been given are quite low compared to the 40's that were given to our U21's.

JackyFulham90

I expect both to be in the 18 man squad for the games ahead

Jamie88

Quote from: Legate21 on February 03, 2014, 03:36:29 PM
They've both been given squad numbers (Tunnicliffe 19 and Cole 21), so I fully expect them to stay. They will probably get a run out in the U21s to see if they are fit and ready.

Where have you found theyve been given squad numbers? No mention of them yet on the site..

MasterHaynes

The reason young players are leaving? Look at Pogba and Zaha, Pogba left and went straight into Juventus team(top of seria A) Zaha not even on the bench and then loaned out, this despite Utd not really spending money last season apart from VP,says it all really.