more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, February 05, 2014, 04:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

,,,,,,,,,,,,and a few idiots.
I've been considered one occasionally in the past.
I apologize if this is disjointed.

I'd be interested to know what the combined salaries are for Muleensteen, Wilkins, Curbishley, Priest and all.
Someone said in a thread that if many of the fans can see the problems then why can't the management.
I can never understand, in the past when a team has been training and practicing all week how they can be so bad in the first 45 minutes and yet after a 10 minute half time bo*****ing can come out
firing on all cylinders. Unfortunately this is not us at the moment.
Watching the game tonight on a dodgy stream, I could constantly see Wilkins and Rene huddled, talking and pointing (this seems to happen every week) with the occasional visit from Curbs.
What on earth do they see and talk about that we can't always see ?
It's almost like "The king is in the altogether"
We CAN all see what is wrong, but after all that discussion, they constantly seem to make changes that 10,000 - 20,000 can't comprehend.
I'm sorry but what people can see in Kaca, Hugo, and Clint (currently) and most of them should not be gracing the turf at CC.
Watching the Swansea game, how anyone didn't see Shelveys goal coming after he'd had 2/3 previous attempts from a similar position.
How was Adam Johnson 'allowed' to score 3 goals against us.
Why do we still constantly pas backwards and crab like (Wilkins).
The first 3/4 games that Rene took over although the results weren't fantastic we looked like a team
the energy, commitment etc was almost on a par with Soton drubbing of at St Marys.
Since then we've gone back to 'Jolism'.
Rene on his own (with Kit) seemed  to be doing OK, but then arrived a couple of donkeys, neither of which bore a 'savior'
So many people to blame for so many reasons.
I am not a religious person, but to whoever, pretty please let the new crop turn this thing around.
Tonight and the few previous games are the worst of seen in 'only' 52 years of supporting.
I honestly don't believe it's only lack of commitment and contentment with Bentleys.
I really believe that the team and a few others are just not good enough once the 'new manager' bubble had burst. Some of the control and passing today was abysmal.
Blah blah blah

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alfie

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 05, 2014, 04:14:25 AM

I'd be interested to know what the combined salaries are for Muleensteen, Wilkins, Curbishley, Priest and all.
Someone said in a thread that if many of the fans can see the problems then why can't the management.
I can never understand, in the past when a team has been training and practicing all week how they can be so bad in the first 45 minutes and yet after a 10 minute half time bo*****ing can come out
Watching the game tonight on a dodgy stream, I could constantly see Wilkins and Rene huddled, talking and pointing (this seems to happen every week) with the occasional visit from Curbs.
We CAN all see what is wrong, but after all that discussion, they constantly seem to make changes that 10,000 - 20,000 can't comprehend.
I'm sorry but what people can see in Kaca, Hugo, and Clint (currently) and most of them should not be gracing the turf at CC.
Watching the Swansea game, how anyone didn't see Shelveys goal coming after he'd had 2/3 previous attempts from a similar position.
The first 3/4 games that Rene took over although the results weren't fantastic we looked like a team
the energy, commitment etc was almost on a par with Soton drubbing of at St Marys.
Rene on his own (with Kit) seemed  to be doing OK, but then arrived a couple of donkeys, neither of which bore a 'savior'
I am not a religious person, but to whoever, pretty please let the new crop turn this thing around.
Tonight and the few previous games are the worst of seen in 'only' 52 years of supporting.
I honestly don't believe it's only lack of commitment and contentment with Bentleys.
I really believe that the team and a few others are just not good enough once the 'new manager' bubble had burst. Some of the control and passing today was abysmal.
Blah blah blah

the thing is people say we have gone back to Jol style of football, but we have a completely new management/coaching team, so maybe just maybe it was not all Jol maybe it is the players.
We have a lot of lets say older players, and perhaps they cannot adjust to new coaching whoever is doing it, old habits etc..
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jack Fulham

Quote from: alfie on February 05, 2014, 08:23:05 AM

Blah blah blah

the thing is people say we have gone back to Jol style of football, but we have a completely new management/coaching team, so maybe just maybe it was not all Jol maybe it is the players.
We have a lot of lets say older players, and perhaps they cannot adjust to new coaching whoever is doing it, old habits etc..

Jol was responsible for putting this team together, it may be that the players aren't good enough but they're his players.

The Old Count

Rene on his own (with Kit) seemed  to be doing OK, but then arrived a couple of donkeys, neither of which bore a 'savior'
Blah blah blah

It wasn't all Jol.
MAF and Ali Mac must share some of the blame.
The problems really started when we busted our wage structure to bring in players Jol wanted. This had the effect of making some existing long servants of the club disgruntled (Hangerland, Dempsey to name but two). Once you've lost that collective spirit then it's curtains.  You can't get it back.

Jol didn't understand what it takes to be successful at a club like FFC.  MAF wanted his money back.

Our present management incumbents will not be able to reverse the decline unless there is a complete rebuild of personnel and spirit and there is no time for that this season.

Aaron

I quite liked RM's 4-3-3 approach..

Yes, we'll still get thrashed 8-0 when we play City, but at least it was exciting and we're damned if we do and damned if we don't now anyways. 

The whole Fester and Curbs thing is confusing too.. I'd imagine as much so for the players as it is for us.

alfie

Quote from: Aaron on February 05, 2014, 08:58:29 AM
I quite liked RM's 4-3-3 approach..

Yes, we'll still get thrashed 8-0 when we play City, but at least it was exciting and we're damned if we do and damned if we don't now anyways. 

The whole Fester and Curbs thing is confusing too.. I'd imagine as much so for the players as it is for us.

Why do you think the players are confused, i would think they know who is boss and who is an assistant.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

nose

Quote from: The Old Count on February 05, 2014, 08:47:07 AM

Blah blah blah

It wasn't all Jol.
The problems really started when we busted our wage structure to bring in players Jol wanted. This had the effect of making some existing long servants of the club disgruntled (Hangerland, Dempsey to name but two). Once you've lost that collective spirit then it's curtains.  You can't get it back.

Jol didn't understand what it takes to be successful at a club like FFC.  MAF wanted his money back.

Our present management incumbents will not be able to reverse the decline unless there is a complete rebuild of personnel and spirit and there is no time for that this season.

I blame jol and the CEO entirely for not getting rid of him. Jol was poisonous and devicive from day one. It was obvious we would go backwards like this. the same was true of coleman (although I diodn't loathe him as a person in the way i do with Jol). When sanchez came in the team was in a terrible state and that continued for so long. You just can't wave a magic wand and fix it overnight.

what is bad is the curbs and wilkins thing. post after post and person after persion at the game think we were better without the gruesome twosome and we should get rid of them now. let rene off the hook and play as we were before.

i cannot believe last night's tactics were what a free rene would have domne, namely four forwards so advanced and an invisible midfield in which parker barely looked good enough for a sunday pub team. And I feel the arrival of dempsey also was a disatser, we took off aq player last night that will be till the end of the season and left one on that was contributing just as littlle but who will be off very soon, that is extremely demotivating for the squad, and this was rodders chance to show what he could do and for a forward he does require sergvice and got none of that.

I would liquidate our CEO wilkins and curbs and watch how quickly we improve!

alfie

Quote from: nose on February 05, 2014, 01:12:44 PM

Rene on his own (with Kit) seemed  to be doing OK, but then arrived a couple of donkeys, neither of which bore a 'savior'
Blah blah blah

It wasn't all Jol.
The problems really started when we busted our wage structure to bring in players Jol wanted. This had the effect of making some existing long servants of the club disgruntled (Hangerland, Dempsey to name but two). Once you've lost that collective spirit then it's curtains.  You can't get it back.

Jol didn't understand what it takes to be successful at a club like FFC.  MAF wanted his money back.

I blame jol and the CEO entirely for not getting rid of him. Jol was poisonous and devicive from day one. It was obvious we would go backwards like this. the same was true of coleman (although I diodn't loathe him as a person in the way i do with Jol). When sanchez came in the team was in a terrible state and that continued for so long. You just can't wave a magic wand and fix it overnight.

what is bad is the curbs and wilkins thing. post after post and person after persion at the game think we were better without the gruesome twosome and we should get rid of them now. let rene off the hook and play as we were before.

i cannot believe last night's tactics were what a free rene would have domne, namely four forwards so advanced and an invisible midfield in which parker barely looked good enough for a sunday pub team. And I feel the arrival of dempsey also was a disatser, we took off aq player last night that will be till the end of the season and left one on that was contributing just as littlle but who will be off very soon, that is extremely demotivating for the squad, and this was rodders chance to show what he could do and for a forward he does require sergvice and got none of that.

In the Standard last night an interview with RM and he quite clearly stated that it was him that wanted and brought Curbs in, if that is the case then he knew what he was getting and the same with Wilkins, we can only make assumptions as to who and how the team is set up, RM was the head/main coach at Utd and I doubt very much that he would need coaching advise from anyone, but again we have no idea what the set up is, yet we go on and blame Wilkins and Curbishley, when prior to this it was all totally Jol's fault, not the players not the coaches but Jol, so by that token what goes on must be RM's fault if he is in charge.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

jmh

The problems really started when we busted our wage structure to bring in players Jol wanted. This had the effect of making some existing long servants of the club disgruntled (Hangerland, Dempsey to name but two).
Do you have a source for this?  This is the first time I've ever heard anyone make this claim; Dempsey, for example, always said his desire to move on was because he wanted to play in the Champions League.

The Old Count

Quote from: jmh on February 05, 2014, 05:10:00 PM
The problems really started when we busted our wage structure to bring in players Jol wanted. This had the effect of making some existing long servants of the club disgruntled (Hangerland, Dempsey to name but two).
Do you have a source for this?  This is the first time I've ever heard anyone make this claim; Dempsey, for example, always said his desire to move on was because he wanted to play in the Champions League.

There's a certain amount of 'reading between the lines' in my assertion.

Dempsey said more than once that he did not feel appreciated (not getting as much dosh as some) at the club  and would have stayed had he felt he was.  Brede's form and desire went when he started to negotiate his new contract.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Yes, I think to a great degree it is Rene's fault.
A lot depends at what point he decided he wanted/needed either or both.
As has been said many times, the 4-3-3 we played for the first 3/4 games
we were the best we'd seen for a long long time.
Then these 2 arrived and we went down hill.
Perhaps it was at that point it was the primary decision to focus in shoring up the
defence was taken.
Rene said that we shouldn't be so 'gung ho' and needed to start keeping clean sheets
and I know we're in a scrap but surely that applies to all teams

Quote from: alfie on February 05, 2014, 05:02:25 PM
Quote from: nose on February 05, 2014, 01:12:44 PM

Blah blah blah

It wasn't all Jol.
The problems really started when we busted our wage structure to bring in players Jol wanted. This had the effect of making some existing long servants of the club disgruntled (Hangerland, Dempsey to name but two). Once you've lost that collective spirit then it's curtains.  You can't get it back.

Jol didn't understand what it takes to be successful at a club like FFC.  MAF wanted his money back.

In the Standard last night an interview with RM and he quite clearly stated that it was him that wanted and brought Curbs in, if that is the case then he knew what he was getting and the same with Wilkins, we can only make assumptions as to who and how the team is set up, RM was the head/main coach at Utd and I doubt very much that he would need coaching advise from anyone, but again we have no idea what the set up is, yet we go on and blame Wilkins and Curbishley, when prior to this it was all totally Jol's fault, not the players not the coaches but Jol, so by that token what goes on must be RM's fault if he is in charge.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

jmh

Quote from: The Old Count on February 05, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

Dempsey said more than once that he did not feel appreciated (not getting as much dosh as some) at the club  and would have stayed had he felt he was.  Brede's form and desire went when he started to negotiate his new contract.
If we accept that Hangeland was disgruntled due to Jol's signings making more money, wouldn't his form have improved when he got his new contract?  It seems more likely to me that his form got worse because he's getting older and has been less than fully healthy.

The Old Count

Quote from: jmh on February 05, 2014, 07:30:02 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on February 05, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

If we accept that Hangeland was disgruntled due to Jol's signings making more money, wouldn't his form have improved when he got his new contract?  It seems more likely to me that his form got worse because he's getting older and has been less than fully healthy.

Not necessarily.  Once the motivation is gone it's difficult to get it back. Players train less hard, are more susceptable to injuries etc.
But I agree, losing the wage structure wasn't the only factor in the club's decline.  As you say, age of the squad is a factor along with a couple of other issues. (And I don't mean the MJ statue going..curse of the Pharoah thing).  General under investment in the squad (MAF wanted his dosh back) was another.

Hughes was right in a way.  We just didn't spot MAF's agenda at the time.
Still we're better off than many teams who go down. MAF still left a legacy of a debt free club with a decent structure and good Academy. When we go down we'll have a good chance of coming up again.