https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Savage reckons we're going down

Started by Blanco, February 06, 2014, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Quote from: alfie on February 06, 2014, 06:50:58 PM
Quote from: FPT on February 06, 2014, 06:42:15 PM
Savage doesn't talk sense, he talks either obvious, or ludicrous.

Anyway, I think he's had as down as relegation candidates for years now, bound to get it right one year.
does not matter what you think of the bloke he paid to give an opinion, and based on current position is he wrong?

He is a pundit; so yes, he's paid to give his opinion. But, his quality of opinion and analysis is severely slacking, as is many of the football pundits paid by the BBC, and is of an appalling standard compared to those on Sky Sports. Robbie Savage sums up the sycophantic way the BBC goes about it's football analysis. Garth Crooks? Alan Hansen? Mark Lawrenson? Give me, Ballague over all three of them; and he's never played a professional football game in his life.

Big Martin Jol

The only person who cares what Robbie Savage thinks is Robbie Savage. Muppet.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

PokerMatt

Ugh guillem 'rentaquote' balague.

I agree with everything else in the above post, but Balague is awful. He'd give Savage a run for his money in the loving the sound of your own voice Olympics.

He's less knowledgeable than the likes of Sid Lowe and Graham Hunter just much, much louder.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

sumofallparts

I can't stomach Savage - so much so the Radio/TV goes on mute when he appears.
Generally, a world class tool, looking like someone doing an impression of Kenny Everett doing an impression of Barry Gibb. Without the voice. Or being funny.
That said, his point about our predicament isn't far off.
Bugger.

alfie

Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 06:54:10 PM

Anyway, I think he's had as down as relegation candidates for years now, bound to get it right one year.
does not matter what you think of the bloke he paid to give an opinion, and based on current position is he wrong?

So, what you're saying is, Savage is now paid to 'state the bloody obvious' rather than give real, footballing views that he fails to to give season in, season out. WOW, where do I get a job like this?

WOW that is somewhat nasty, seems you are only one allowed opinions/comments, all I was saying was that like me, you and anyone else he has an opinion, just because you don't like him does not mean his opinion is not valid, although sometimes I wonder.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jms

'Fulhamish" = we're staying up !!!!!! Especially if robby savage says different  049:gif

Admin

Quote from: alfie on February 06, 2014, 10:04:30 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2014, 06:54:10 PM

So, what you're saying is, Savage is now paid to 'state the bloody obvious' rather than give real, footballing views that he fails to to give season in, season out. WOW, where do I get a job like this?

WOW that is somewhat nasty, seems you are only one allowed opinions/comments, all I was saying was that like me, you and anyone else he has an opinion, just because you don't like him does not mean his opinion is not valid, although sometimes I wonder.

No disrespect Alfie, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're being a little over sensitive when it comes to Robbie Savage, and you're totally wrong when you say that I'm the only one on here that is allowed an opinion. If anything, I encourage people to have opinions and in turn, get myself into trouble.

If truth be told, this is twice you've pulled me now in the space of a few hours, once over my comments about Wilkins, and now my comments about Savage. Yes I have an opinion about the pair of wallies, most people do, but its you that seems to have a hang up when anything bad is said about someone in public.

Thats life!

Blanco

I used to feel the same way but I dunno... after the last season or so I've started to agree with a lot of the stuff he says. Just saying...

Adi-ffc

Savage is a helmet, but everything he says is absolutely right in this case.

He makes it clear that we need a MASSIVE clearout, which I completely agree with.  Not just 4 or 5 players, but most of them. It is unlikely we will do that if we survive in the same way as we might through relegation, which makes the inevitable drop seem less terrible in my eyes.

Start again with a completely new and youthful team and build again.

RaySmith

And we will be back in the Prem in how many years time -5, 10, 20, never?

That's the trouble with media comment on football in this country - everything has to be one extreme or the other, black or white, high drama.

Why do people take notice of such as Savage and Claridge - these are men who hate the whole idea of a club like Fulham in the Prem, and want us to quietly go away to where we came from.

Well, I hope we stuff it to them.

COYW

Adi-ffc

Quote from: RaySmith on February 07, 2014, 09:10:40 AM
And we will be back in the Prem in how many years time -5, 10, 20, never?

That's the trouble with media comment on football in this country - everything has to be one extreme or the other, black or white, high drama.

Why do people take notice of such as Savage and Claridge - these are men who hate the whole idea of a club like Fulham in the Prem, and want us to quietly go away to where we came from.

Well, I hope we stuff it to them.

COYW

sorry, don't share that fatalist approach.

Plenty of clubs have used relegation to rebuild and been better for it. Not everyone ends up like Leeds or Wednesday. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't return soon if we go down with the current infrastructure at the club.

I'd much rather stay up and will get behind the team, but don't expect us to.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 06, 2014, 01:05:45 PM
I have yet to hear any pundit latley say we are likely to stay up. Savage is not that bright but then few of them are.

Not sure many fans believe it either.

Ha!
All the more reason to stay up and "damn them all to hell!"
Lol

Coyw!
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

EJL

Not exactly a controversial view, is it? I wouldn't praise Savage for his insight when our fate has been pretty clear for some time.

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Keeping fingers crossed, closest drop zone in a long time. A few good results should see us ok but really think we need to start playing attacking football, not the constant sideways balls.

Maybe berba had a point about the football putting people to sleep.

jj____

Its not as if I disagree, but he lists reasons why each team stinks and follows it up with a "I just think they stay up".  Not exactly the most thought provoking

Fulhampete

Had no respect for Savage as a player or a pundit. One of only two players I have seen roundly abused in the pre match warm up, the other being David Speedie.