News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blimey, has anyone else seen the fixtures around us today?

Started by Admin, February 08, 2014, 11:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

By the time we get right royally thumped at United, we could be a lot deeper in trouble.

Swansea v Cardiff
Sunderland v Hull
Southampton v Stoke
A Villa v West Ham

The only saving grace this weekend is Norwich v Man City

Brede Butter Pudding

Why have you already written the match off as a thumping? Who's to say tomorrow afternoon isn't the beginning of a real turn of events? We can play with little pressure being the underdog, in the knowledge that United have struggled so far this season at home.

Also, forget about the other fixtures. I'm sure there'll be some surprising results in there. And also, remember our run in - much kinder than any of the teams around us. Let's have some positivity, this mind-numbing negativity gets nobody anywhere.

Cravenawin

Swansea v Cardiff - Draw
Sunderland v Hull - Home win
Southampton v Stoke -Home win
Villa v West Ham - Home win
Palace v WBA - Draw
Norwich v Man City -Away win

Reckon there's a good chance those could be the outcomes. If so, even if we lose tomorrow ( which for some obscure reason I don't think we will) we will still be in the mix. COYW

Admin

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 08, 2014, 11:28:44 AM
Why have you already written the match off as a thumping? Who's to say tomorrow afternoon isn't the beginning of a real turn of events? We can play with little pressure being the underdog, in the knowledge that United have struggled so far this season at home.

Also, forget about the other fixtures. I'm sure there'll be some surprising results in there. And also, remember our run in - much kinder than any of the teams around us. Let's have some positivity, this mind-numbing negativity gets nobody anywhere.

I'm not sure if you've witnessed the majority of this season, but for most of it, we've not played with any urgency, or desire to win games, which tells me that we're 99.9% NOT in for a shock result at old Trafford. If anthing, United will come out with their tails up after their humiliating defeat to Stoke, and will most likely give us a right royal thumping for their troubles.    

Berserker

I know that I will get slammed for being negative and not being supportive of my team, but going on what I have seen at the last few matches, I can categorically say I 100% believe that we will get beat tomorrow.

I would make other comments but they are unbefitting to my position as a Mod. Plus I have got in deep poo at work for being stressed out in general, so from now on in I am not going to rant but say things in a polite manner.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

K33NY

Great positivism on this board, and its really motivating to keep posting on it and read it, when I see these posts  067.gif

Keep up the spirit admin, you a good work, god I am tired of all this...... fp.gif I wonder what you will be like tomorrow IF we get a point!

Admin

Quote from: K33NY on February 08, 2014, 12:01:48 PM
Great positivism on this board, and its really motivating to keep posting on it and read it, when I see these posts  067.gif

Keep up the spirit admin, you a good work, god I am tired of all this...... fp.gif I wonder what you will be like tomorrow IF we get a point!

From a footballing point of view, that's just my opinion, sorry. We're utter poo at the moment, rock bottom of the Premiership with 19 pts, 53 goals against, haven't scored a goal in 3 games, and are just due to play Manchester United at Old Trafford against the likes of RVP and Rooney, off the back of one of our worst performances since the dark old days. Sorry once again K33NY, but I don't share the same 'upbeat' optimism as you sitting all the way over there in Norway, or what ever it is your from. If you're tired of the forum, my advice is to to take a break for a bit, go have a look over at CC, or even TFI, but I can assure you the mood is exactly the same.    

Lighthouse

Why is it down to us to be positive? IF the team play well for a change then suddenly we WILL become positive. But the fans being positive WILL NOT make the team suddenly play well. If we play without passion, without tactics  against a struggling, relegation threatened  third division side. How can supporters be positive without sounding silly.

We all want Fulham to play well. We would all like to win. But having a go at fans who are simply pointing out the truth is equally negative. People may be fed up with seeing the same boring, dull negative threads all the time. Well the fans are fed up of watching dull, negative football every game.

I support Rene and hope he stays. But seeing the decisions and the team over the last few games is a painful reminder that being positive like he always seems to be doesn't change the awful way we play.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

K33NY

Its just really hard for me and maybe others to try stay positive, when so many in here constantly keeps posting the negative before the match is even started..... thats all I try to say here, I understand the frustration and negativity, but I wouldnt want to bring others down for my own sake by posting it. So yes I will take that break I wanted to taka about 1 or 2 weeks ago.. and btw the allthough its not as many on that forum, the Norwegian supporter forum still tries to stay positive, so I will stay there for a while.

Julius Geezer

Swansea 1-2 Cardiff
Sunderland 1-1 Hull
Southampton 3-0 Stoke
A Villa 1-0 West Ham
Norwich 0-2 Man City

No-one is expecting us to get anything out of the Man Utd game so we dont have the pressure the others have to pick up points.

I don't see this weekend's results as being major factors in the league standings.

St Eve

Since it seems quite apparent from the forum that we are going to get thumped tomorrow we mat as well just stay at home and save the travel expenses

St Eve

Quote from: Admin on February 08, 2014, 11:25:05 AM
By the time we get right royally thumped at United, we could be a lot deeper in trouble.

Swansea v Cardiff
Sunderland v Hull
Southampton v Stoke
A Villa v West Ham

not sure I understand the logic. Unlikely we will win but I would never write us off before a game. Cardiff, W ham, Norwich and Stoke will lose. So anything we get will be a bonus

Admin

Quote from: St Eve on February 08, 2014, 03:08:23 PM
Since it seems quite apparent from the forum that we are going to get thumped tomorrow we mat as well just stay at home and save the travel expenses

I've been doing that since Chelsea away, saved myself an absolute packet!

St Eve

Quote from: Admin on February 08, 2014, 03:13:01 PM
Quote from: St Eve on February 08, 2014, 03:08:23 PM

I've been doing that since Chelsea away, saved myself an absolute packet!
and your proud of that?

deeffc

Come on, nobody is saying they want us to lose tomorrow but it's realistic to say there are no real reasons why we could get a result there. Of course it's possible and if it happens then anyone who has been negative will be delighted to see things change. What is said on this forum has no impact on the results and there's no point in creating a fake atmosphere of positivity before each game. Best to just get on with it and leave people to their views.

brightster

Quote from: Cravenawin on February 08, 2014, 11:42:00 AM
Swansea v Cardiff - Draw
Sunderland v Hull - Home win
Southampton v Stoke -Home win
Villa v West Ham - Home win
Palace v WBA - Draw
Norwich v Man City -Away win

Reckon there's a good chance those could be the outcomes. If so, even if we lose tomorrow ( which for some obscure reason I don't think we will) we will still be in the mix. COYW

Glad I didn't put money on those predictions!

St Eve

Quote from: Admin on February 08, 2014, 11:25:05 AM

Swansea v Cardiff
Sunderland v Hull
Southampton v Stoke
A Villa v West Ham

Well we didn't get thumped by United. Just as well we decided to play the game after all and not concede