News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rumour: Christian Fuchs (FC Schalke) to Fulham?

Started by 11friends, February 10, 2014, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11friends

Hi there!

Here in Germany there is a rumour that Fulham want to sign Christian Fuchs (FC Schalke) in summer.

His profil: http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/christian-fuchs/profil/spieler_6636.html

What do you think about him?

ToodlesMcToot

I honestly don't know enough to judge, but 'knee problems' is what stood out to me the most from his transfermarkt page. If his transfer value is anything close to what is also on that page, I think I'd rather have an LB (with good knees) from the Championship that really should be playing in the PL already. We need good players with a chip on their shoulder. Mr. Fuchs may very well be just that, in which case I'd welcome his signing.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Junichi

This guy will be gold for back page headlines. Oh, the puns.

Haven't seen enough of him to speculate, but Schalke usually have an alright back line, so I'll assume he's alright. Also, an Austria international.

Apparently we were also after his name-sake Markus, but Ray Wilkins wasn't prepared on giving two Fuchs.

Julius Geezer

Champions League experience, 60 caps for Austria - sounds better than our current left back options.

The 'knee problems' in his injury history weren't a big lay off so don't see that as a worry.

Agree on the Championship left back though - Aaron Cresswell is hot property.

fulhamben

think its too early for transfer rumours, we have no indication as to what league we will be in yet
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

King_Crud

stood out at Mainz, has done well at Schalke. Much better than what we have at left back, can cross. Would be happy to have him.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 10, 2014, 09:49:59 PM
Are his knees Fuchsed

Close. The answer we were looking for was "Every time he plays, he Fuchs his knees."  .5 for you. :)

I didn't mean to start any fears regarding his knees. I just wanted to point out that he's had recent issues of some sort.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Holders

Fuchs = Fox, hence Fuchsin = Vixen. Same origin, just got changed a bit over the years.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FPT

Quote from: Junichi on February 10, 2014, 08:06:07 PM
This guy will be gold for back page headlines. Oh, the puns.

Haven't seen enough of him to speculate, but Schalke usually have an alright back line, so I'll assume he's alright. Also, an Austria international.

Apparently we were also after his name-sake Markus, but Ray Wilkins wasn't prepared on giving two Fuchs.

For Fuchs sake.

the nutflush

Fuch em off get into them! Fuch em off get into them!   ......   Sorry.

Holders

The German poster opened this thread to ask what we thought of a player in whom we are reported to have an interest. Many, if not most of the replies don't relate to this but merely make a childish play on the player's name which has nothing to do with fornication and everything to do with a common canine mammal. I'm sure that there are common English words that cause similar amusement in German-speaking countries (mist, plastered all over a weather map, for example. It means dung). Frankly, I'm embarrassed what he now thinks of the level of debate on this board following his simple question.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Junichi

Quote from: Holders on February 11, 2014, 07:12:19 AM
The German poster opened this thread to ask what we thought of a player in whom we are reported to have an interest. Many, if not most of the replies don't relate to this but merely make a childish play on the player's name which has nothing to do with fornication and everything to do with a common canine mammal. I'm sure that there are common English words that cause similar amusement in German-speaking countries (mist, plastered all yover a weather map, for example. It means dung). Frankly, I'm embarrassed what he now thinks of the level of debate on this board following his simple question.

God. You're a downer, aren't you?

I know it's a lot of doom and gloom around here recently, but cricticizing people for having a laugh at a funny name is a new level of moaning.

The German poster asked about a player, while albeit, an Austrian international, most of us know little to nothing about the chap. So we had a laugh at his name. Big deal.

Lighten up a bit.

Twig

The German poster opened this thread to ask what we thought of a player in whom we are reported to have an interest. Many, if not most of the replies don't relate to this but merely make a childish play on the player's name which has nothing to do with fornication and everything to do with a common canine mammal. I'm sure that there are common English words that cause similar amusement in German-speaking countries (mist, plastered all over a weather map, for example. It means dung). Frankly, I'm embarrassed what he now thinks of the level of debate on this board following his simple question.

Agree 100%, puerile nonsense.  For what it is worth I would welcome him, he is highly experienced and much capped, albeit in a relatively weak Austrian side.  He delivers a very good cross and at 27 should be somewhere near his peak.

the nutflush

Quote from: Junichi on February 11, 2014, 07:51:41 AM
The German poster opened this thread to ask what we thought of a player in whom we are reported to have an interest. Many, if not most of the replies don't relate to this but merely make a childish play on the player's name which has nothing to do with fornication and everything to do with a common canine mammal. I'm sure that there are common English words that cause similar amusement in German-speaking countries (mist, plastered all yover a weather map, for example. It means dung). Frankly, I'm embarrassed what he now thinks of the level of debate on this board following his simple question.

God. You're a downer, aren't you?

I know it's a lot of doom and gloom around here recently, but cricticizing people for having a laugh at a funny name is a new level of moaning.

The German poster asked about a player, while albeit, an Austrian international, most of us know little to nothing about the chap. So we had a laugh at his name. Big deal.

Lighten up a bit.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Gee you whingers must be a joy to live with.  Have you got anything else to moan and complain about?  Tube strike?  The weather?

Tonywa

Wow.  An entire page of feeble, childish  jokes which only work if you pronounce the name incorrectly.  Come on FOF. This board's better than that. This is pathetic.

nose

Quote from: Tonywa on February 11, 2014, 10:04:06 AM
Wow.  An entire page of feeble, childish  jokes which only work if you pronounce the name incorrectly.  Come on FOF. This board's better than that. This is pathetic.

We are British with a tradition of the 'Carry On' variety, I am not sure that many of us are better than that... I think this sort of childish humour is engrained.... whilst i sympathise with you I can't help laughing either although I resisted the temptation to post.

cottage cheese

Quote from: Tonywa on February 11, 2014, 10:04:06 AM
Wow.  An entire page of feeble, childish  jokes which only work if you pronounce the name incorrectly.  Come on FOF. This board's better than that. This is pathetic.

Oh for Fuchs sake, get a sense of humour man...we are British after all (well the majority) its what we do in times of gloom...make jokes and just get on with it.

Burt

Settle down please chaps... There's only so much word-play you can get out of this one.

PokerMatt

I've seen Fuchs quite a few times over the last couple of seasons as I watch a lot of German footy for work. I thought Kvist would be just what we need in midfield and think he's shown that so far.

Fuchs would definitely be an upgrade on Riise. I rate Riise higher than most on here I think, but I think Fuchs is better in the more important areas. He's surprisingly strong for a full-back (I may be wrong but I think he played CB in his younger years) but the down side to this is he's a bit reckless at times and toes the line of cards a bit closely.

I think he's better at defending than Riise and has the sort of left foot that our Norwegian had once upon a time. Good crosser, excellent with free kicks, just perhaps is a bit keen to get the ball forward rather than play it out. I think we could do a lot worse and although I'd probably prefer Taylor, Fuchs seems to fit Rene's (initially, at least) getting it wide and crossing game.

There are a lot of players in German football who would do a job for us. Riether and Kvist have made the move already, and Holtby as well to be fair. There are definitely more out there too.

EDIT: As a bit extra - he's competing with Dennis Aogo and Sead Kolasinac at Schalke this year and the other two are preferred to him, for I presume their better ability with the ball at feet.
Follow me: @mattdjourno