more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou not yet ready

Started by Zu-Meister, February 11, 2014, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

Fulham Football Club ‏@FulhamFC  25m
Team news: Kostas Mitroglou is not yet ready for his Fulham debut, while Fernando Amorebieta also misses out #ffc #coyw

JBH

I really didn't expect to see him until WBA

Lighthouse

Hope this doesn't turn into farce. If we go down and he leaves, what would be the point of a player costing so much unable to play. Hopefully he is fit soon.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Can't say I am too disappointed re Amorebieta.

Keep the same back line that played v. Utd. Looked very solid.

Macedo

I hope we aint payed all that money for a crock..lol

aaronmcguigan

Did we give this guy some kind of by-ball in the infamous Fulham medical?

copthornemike

It was  probably always the intention to get him fully fit first for the WBA match - to play him too early always risked an injury.

The club might even try to give him a run out at the weekend in a friendly / U21 match.

Sammyffc

not that bothered , keep him fit so when we play the lesser teams is essential . not worth playing him in games were just going to sit back and defend like beavers and risk him getting injured

SimpleTactics

Quote from: Burt on February 11, 2014, 01:11:33 PM

It did but Liverpool have a completely different play style of quick tempo on the floor looking to thread it through to Suarez or Sturridge so it will be a different test for the defence. Lets hope the fact that we are at home and the result against United gives them confidence to hold the ball up a bit more in our opponents half

nixie-ffc

was the greek already injured when we bought him?  :dead horse:

bent must be pleased. you are stuck with me suckers  064.gif

Admin

If Amorebieta isn't having an awful game, he's injured. i don't see the point in him.

HatterDon

Quote from: Admin on February 11, 2014, 01:32:39 PM

If Amorebieta isn't having an awful game, he's injured. i don't see the point in him.

but ... but ... but ... there's this really cool picture of him kicking Messi in the chest.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Northern Cottager

Starting think this Mitroglou signing was completely pointless. Play 10 games max and take 6 weeks to settle in,great business.

Amore is awful aswell.

westcliff white

cant see that we can play the same team, liverpool do not just pump in crosses from wide areas. this could be more of a game for a traditional back 4 with 5 across the middle of the park to make the space in between the defence and midfield smaller
Every day is a Fulham day

TonyGilroy

Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
cant see that we can play the same team, liverpool do not just pump in crosses from wide areas. this could be more of a game for a traditional back 4 with 5 across the middle of the park to make the space in between the defence and midfield smaller

I think we play the same team but playing as you suggest. Tunnicliffe and Richardson protecting the full backs. Three central midfielders and a striker. I don't see any reason to change personnel.

JBH

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 11, 2014, 01:35:58 PM
Starting think this Mitroglou signing was completely pointless. Play 10 games max and take 6 weeks to settle in,great business.

Amore is awful aswell.

I think it was a shrewd move, get him fit and scoring goals from WBA to end of season, if we stay up he stays if not we cash in for a fee above what we paid for him, Win Win  065.gif

TheManOnTheBus

I'm not unhappy with Bent and Tank sharing the honours up front like on Sunday.

copthornemike

Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
I have seen a stat that to date we have sent over fewer crosses than any other team in the Premiership (not too surprising) and that the next nearest team is Liverpool.

Craven Mad

To be honest, I imagine that we know our chances are slim against Utd & L'pool - so we're preparing Mitrog for when he's really needed; getting him up to speed, off the pitch, ready to bully West Brom etc in the coming weeks. Having an out-and-out striker defending for 89 minutes is a waste. I'd rather see Tank, for now.

Plus, playing players at low fitness is silly, and detrimental to the whole team; we saw this with Hangers earlier this year.

Wait for the Greek to get better, then Rene'll send in the Spartan!

Having seen the instant impact of Kvist & Holtby (not to mention Heitinga, Tunnicliffe, and - not exactly a signing - Burn, too), I feel confident that Rene has a good eye for fitting players into a team. Mitrog will be great, don't worry!

EJL

Basically, Amorebieta has failed to bring his skill set across from Spain. He was one of the most uncompromising defenders in the division whilst at Bilbao; I really don't get how he hasn't been successful. Even his supposedly reliable, Basque distribution has looked incredibly suspect.