Main Menu

Mitroglou not yet ready

Started by Zu-Meister, February 11, 2014, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callumc513

Quote from: 1879 on February 12, 2014, 02:25:35 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 11, 2014, 09:14:41 PM
Poor bloke has no chance settling in here with some of our 'supporters'
Blimey, if he don't get a hat trick in his first few games he will get the famous FFC (Fulham Fan Coos!)

(Boos doesn't make FFC!)

Has to pull a POG

As long as he's not as bad as the Pog was after a few games.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: callumc513 on February 12, 2014, 02:27:32 AM
Quote from: 1879 on February 12, 2014, 02:25:35 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 11, 2014, 09:14:41 PM
Poor bloke has no chance settling in here with some of our 'supporters'
Blimey, if he don't get a hat trick in his first few games he will get the famous FFC (Fulham Fan Coos!)

(Boos doesn't make FFC!)

Has to pull a POG

As long as he's not as bad as the Pog was after a few games.

I guess that's the benefit of an unknown commodity, no one knows how to deal with them at first. Let's hope the Greek has the ability to keep the opposition dumbfounded.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

pH7

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 11, 2014, 08:02:13 PM
Quote from: Mitroglol on February 11, 2014, 06:19:54 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 05:42:37 PM
BAZAB because Olympicos came out and said they would not accept below 30 million euros, they told that to west ham and Everton, late on there hands were tied, so they accepted roughly half.

I dont see whats hard to get about that. the later you wait the cheaper a club who needs to sell will release a player. they had to sell Saviola or Mitro, no one bid on saviola

Woah mate, where did all this come from?
Olympiakos' financial state is brilliant, we didn't need to sell anyone.
We were very surprised and angry at our management that sold our best project just before the man.u CL games and 4 months before the WC in brazil.

So, the only reason the transfer happened was mitroglou wanting some top league football.
Basically he was tired of our previous coach loaning him to bad greek clubs and when he show the opportunity for some BPL action he took it.
Why was he loaned to bad greek clubs?
Quote from: Mitroglol on February 11, 2014, 08:43:02 PM
He took a penalty against the coach's orders in a CL qualifier, against a team we were supposed to obliterate, which he missed, lol.
We lost that game 3-0 and our 2-0 home win left us out of europe early and our coach( whos now coaching bilbao) was done with him, sad story.
This season, is the first in his career he enjoyed first team football and look what he has done, he's monstrous I tell you, xD.

So many inaccuracies in this topic.
First of all Olympiacos never spoke for 30m€ (any press report saying that is simply inaccurate), 15m€ was the desired price, but they were not desperate to sell, far from it. Mitroglou wanted to play to a top league, that's the whole thing.
Why he was loaned earlier? The missed penalty despite the orders, certainly put his relationship with new coach  Ernesto Valverde in a bad starting point, but the real reason was that Mitroglou was reckless in running and playing a role in the high pressing Valverde was demanding. He was a talented player but a bit of a lazy one, everybody could see that... IMHO the coach was right sending him on loan at that time. On the other hand, huge credit to Mitroglou for the humility and work he put all these years and his extraordinary comeback as a top class striker.
Hopefully we can see him soon scoring for Fulham.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: pH7 on February 12, 2014, 09:38:35 AM
BAZAB because Olympicos came out and said they would not accept below 30 million euros, they told that to west ham and Everton, late on there hands were tied, so they accepted roughly half.

I dont see whats hard to get about that. the later you wait the cheaper a club who needs to sell will release a player. they had to sell Saviola or Mitro, no one bid on saviola

We were very surprised and angry at our management that sold our best project just before the man.u CL games and 4 months before the WC in brazil.

So, the only reason the transfer happened was mitroglou wanting some top league football.
Basically he was tired of our previous coach loaning him to bad greek clubs and when he show the opportunity for some BPL action he took it.
He took a penalty against the coach's orders in a CL qualifier, against a team we were supposed to obliterate, which he missed, lol.
We lost that game 3-0 and our 2-0 home win left us out of europe early and our coach( whos now coaching bilbao) was done with him, sad story.
This season, is the first in his career he enjoyed first team football and look what he has done, he's monstrous I tell you, xD.

First of all Olympiacos never spoke for 30m€ (any press report saying that is simply inaccurate), 15m€ was the desired price, but they were not desperate to sell, far from it. Mitroglou wanted to play to a top league, that's the whole thing.
Why he was loaned earlier? The missed penalty despite the orders, certainly put his relationship with new coach  Ernesto Valverde in a bad starting point, but the real reason was that Mitroglou was reckless in running and playing a role in the high pressing Valverde was demanding. He was a talented player but a bit of a lazy one, everybody could see that... IMHO the coach was right sending him on loan at that time. On the other hand, huge credit to Mitroglou for the humility and work he put all these years and his extraordinary comeback as a top class striker.

You just said what's already been stated.

Speaking of inaccuracies, see why I told you in another topic how he couldn't be rushed back due to the nature of his injury?

BishopsParkFantastic

So Kostas has a knee injury....... which will delay his fitness programme (?).....and he has to adapt to the team and the premiership when he does play..... time is running out!

westcliff white

Quote from: pH7 on February 12, 2014, 09:38:35 AM

Why he was loaned earlier? The missed penalty despite the orders, certainly put his relationship with new coach  Ernesto Valverde in a bad starting point, but the real reason was that Mitroglou was reckless in running and playing a role in the high pressing Valverde was demanding. He was a talented player but a bit of a lazy one, everybody could see that... IMHO the coach was right sending him on loan at that time. On the other hand, huge credit to Mitroglou for the humility and work he put all these years and his extraordinary comeback as a top class striker.
They maybe inaccurate but that's all us lowly fans have to go on, I am grateful now we seem to have so many ITK's regarding the workings of ours and other clubs. ;)
Every day is a Fulham day

FFCByTheRiver

Honestly, if I had a choice of two games he could miss, United away and Liverpool at home wouldn't sit badly with me.

He'll be ready for WBA, when we'll be on the offensive and need a player like him. Calm down, all.

westcliff white

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on February 12, 2014, 10:18:29 AM
Honestly, if I had a choice of two games he could miss, United away and Liverpool at home wouldn't sit badly with me.

He'll be ready for WBA, when we'll be on the offensive and need a player like him. Calm down, all.
:plus one:

pH7

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 12, 2014, 10:09:03 AM
You just said what's already been stated.
Not really, a missed penalty was not the real reason for his loan period.

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 12, 2014, 10:09:03 AM
Speaking of inaccuracies, see why I told you in another topic how he couldn't be rushed back due to the nature of his injury?
Well I'm still not convinced that it's a matter of injury, every official report talks about "fitness for Premiership".
And I'm pretty certain that if Mitroglou was not injured back then, he would still undergo a "fitness for Premiership" program.

westcliff white

I believe Rene said he had a small injury when he arrived, but they knew that so it was a case of getting him ready for premiership action, that wasn't a press report either, it was a video on the clubs own website that he does on a weekly basis.

Danitar

This is begining to sound like kim kallstrom.

SouthfieldWhite

Yeah lets all knock the bloke before he's even sued for us

Fans who think we should get players in 1st of Jan, don't know how the majority of transferes are done and what goes into it.

He's hardly got a knee injury, it's just a knock and I fully expect to see him at the WBA game.

I'm also sure as others have said, that IF we do go down there will be a clause in his contract if he wants to leave

Lets hope he hits the ground running but give the bloke a chance,

TheManOnTheBus

Bent will score again tonight and will be hard to drop come WBA.

terryr

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 12, 2014, 10:56:12 AM
Yeah lets all knock the bloke before he's even sued for us

Fans who think we should get players in 1st of Jan, don't know how the majority of transferes are done and what goes into it.

He's hardly got a knee injury, it's just a knock and I fully expect to see him at the WBA game.

I'm also sure as others have said, that IF we do go down there will be a clause in his contract if he wants to leave

Lets hope he hits the ground running but give the bloke a chance,
:plus one:

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on February 12, 2014, 10:18:29 AM

That's amazing that you know he will be ready for West Brom!?

JBH

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 12, 2014, 10:11:39 AM
So Kostas has a knee injury....... which will delay his fitness programme (?).....and he has to adapt to the team and the premiership when he does play..... time is running out!

He had a knee injury he is now getting up to full fitness, big difference between the 2 lets give him a chance before we critise anyone  065.gif

Skatzoffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 11, 2014, 01:39:28 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
cant see that we can play the same team, liverpool do not just pump in crosses from wide areas. this could be more of a game for a traditional back 4 with 5 across the middle of the park to make the space in between the defence and midfield smaller

I think we play the same team but playing as you suggest. Tunnicliffe and Richardson protecting the full backs. Three central midfielders and a striker. I don't see any reason to change personnel.

Agreed.
We protection for the full backs and a lone striker to keep their defenders back.

COYW!
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Bedford White

Mitroglou scores twice in the U21's match at Aston Villa. The match ended 3-5. Mitroglous goals came early in the half 19mins & 23mins.
If he can replicate this for the 1st team combined with the stoic defence we saw at Man Utd, we could very well finish the year mid table and happy as pigs in poo!