more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (11/02/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 11, 2014, 08:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

The Quakers always new Dan Burn would shine at Fulham

DAN BURN has claimed that facing Manchester United was like a return to playing Conference football with Darlington.

The Fulham defender, who arrived from the Quakers in 2011, said he was 'happy' to defend against the Premier League champions as it reminded him of his time playing at The Northern Echo Arena.

During such time, Burn worked under former Quakers skipper Craig Liddle, who was mainly responsible for bringing the young defender to the North-East club, before guiding him through the youth system.

Liddle said: "I watched him on TV on Sunday and I thought he was brilliant. Obviously United were sending in a lot of crosses which suited Dan down to the ground.

"He has always been strong in the air – as you'd expect with someone of his height. But I also thought his positional play was excellent. Overall I think he had an outstanding game."

Liddle, who made more than 300 appearances for Darlington, always believed Burn had huge potential, which was why he took him from Blyth as a teenager.

As Darlington's youth team coach, Liddle was told to go and take a look at him by scout Les Wray. After the pair went to watch England Boys' Clubs at Durham City, Burn went on a pre-season trial and was soon offered terms.

He said: "Straight away I could see that he had that rawness about him – he had the right ingredients and attributes to make it. He was left-footed and very comfortable on the ball, but most of all he was always such a willing learner."

Such ability led to his Premier League switch to Fulham in 2011 after making just 14 appearances for his home club. The deal involved a £350,000 initial fee with future incentives – including a further £75,000 after the defender made his Fulham debut against Norwich last month in the FA Cup fourth round.

Experienced defender Alan White, who played alongside Burn in his time at Darlington in League Two before relegation, also stated that he was not surprised by the young defender's success.

He said: "As a kid, his technical ability was superb. He was quite skinny back then and not as strong, but you just knew that if he kept that technical ability and pace that he had, as he grew older he would become a top player.

"He's still only young, so there's plenty more to come. And I hope for his sake, as well as Darlington's, that he achieves his potential. He's a great lad: he still visits home regularly and everyone who knows him says he hasn't changed a bit, so I wish him all the best."

White added: "I just hope Darlington have plenty of clauses in his transfer deal so they can keep getting the rewards for him. Even small cash injections would be huge for the club."

Burn admitted that United's tactics, branded 'straight-forward' by Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen, played to his strengths as his towering height enabled him to deal with the majority of United's crosses.

The 21-year-old, who later insisted that he did not mean for his United comments to come across as they have in the media, said: "I've never headed that many balls since the Conference. We knew that was going to happen and I was happy for them to play like that. I'm six-foot seven. It helps when dealing with those sorts of balls."

Burn, who battled at the heart of Fulham's defence to help earn a point in a 2-2 draw, helped deal with United's record number of crosses before the Red Devils succumbed to former Sunderland striker Darren Bent's equaliser in injury-time.

Fulham remain bottom of the table but the point at Old Trafford has given the Cottagers a lift, in what is one of the tightest relegation battles of Premier League recent times. The side will be hoping to build on this weekend's result with a difficult trip to Liverpool on Wednesday.

Burn, from Blyth, is learning quickly on and off the pitch having been thrust in to the Premier League spotlight – and that was shown by the way he felt he should play down his post-match comments.

In an interview he did with the Fulham website last night he said: "I didn't mean that quote to sound as disrespectful as it's been reported. There were a lot of crosses, statistically more than any game since stats started, so I just joked that I hadn't headed as many balls since the Conference."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/11000335._/?

WhiteJC

Fulham new boy explains Manchester United exit and reveals Moyes advice

Ryan Tunnicliffe looks to escape the clutches of Juan Mata on his Fulham debut at Manchester United.
(Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images)

Fulham new boy Ryan Tunnicliffe admitted it was difficult to leave Manchester United but the lure of linking up with Rene Meulensteen made it an offer too good to turn down.

The 21-year-old failed to make a Premier League appearance for the Red Devils and was allowed to make a permanent move to Craven Cottage for the first team football he craved.

"It was hard [to leave]," he said. "When I was here I wanted to play for United but I'm getting to the age when I want to get game.

"With Rene a coach I know it was a great opportunity to play in the Prem. Onwards and upwards."

Tunnicliffe added: "He was my first coach when I signed for United from nine and he watched me grow with the youth team and when he was with the first team.

"I know how good a coach he is. That's why it was first choice to come and work with him again."

The midfielder spoke to Red Devils boss David Moyes and he left on amicable terms with the club.

"I spoke to him," Tunnicliffe explained. "He told me it was a great opportunity for me and doesn't want to stand in my way as I wasn't in the plans this year. I wanted to leave and play."

Ironically, the Whites new boy made his debut against his former club and the one he supported as a boy.

He explained: "It was a bit of a weird day but with the result that we've just nicked at the end it's a good day as well and a great day to make my Premier League debut.

"It was tough. We were solid. That's what you've got to be when you're down at the bottom and coming to Old Trafford, it's not going to be an easy game. We were solid at the back and good on the break.

"It was a bit weird and warming up on the other side of the pitch. I'm delighted to play in my first Premier League game and against the club I supported.

"It couldn't get any better could it really."

The midfielder added: "He [Meulensteen] has got a lot of faith in me and I'm glad he's shown that faith in me. I hope with today's performance I've repaid that faith a little bit."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_new_boy_explains_manchester_united_exit_and_reveals_moyes_advice_1_3313494

WhiteJC

'The momentum is building and building' says Rodgers ahead of Liverpool v Fulham bout

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has challenged his players to match the intensity they showed against Arsenal when they travel to bottom of the Premier League Fulham on Wednesday.

The Reds are on course to end their five-season exile from the top four and the Champions League and underlined their claim on fourth place with a 5-1 win over then leaders Arsenal at the weekend.

Southampton and Manchester United are the only sides presently in the top-half of the table that Liverpool, now unbeaten in eight matches, still have to visit in the league this season.

But Rodgers believes the Cottagers will provide a stern test after drawing 2-2 at Manchester United on Sunday.

"Every game is critical for us whether it's a top team or a team at the bottom. Fulham showed against Manchester United that they've got some very good players, they showed great resilience in the game and took the lead.

"There are some brilliant professionals there and Rene (Meulensteen) will look to introduce one or two younger players.

"It will be a difficult game and away from home in the Premier League is difficult but we have a belief and a confidence in our play and hopefully we can take that into Wednesday's game and get another good three points," the Northern Irishman added.

Liverpool moved within six points of the top of the Premier League with Saturday's win but Rodgers maintains that finishing in the top four is his priority for a club that has not won the league title since 1990.

"The momentum has been building and building, but I just think it's unprecedented to go from being where we were last year in seventh position (to first).

"I'm very much full of optimism for this football club and the development of the team, but I also have to be realistic as well and I think it (winning the title) is something that might be too much for us this season."

Defender Glen Johnson is still out with an ankle injury and Daniel Agger, Mamdou Sakho, Lucas and Jose Enrique are also sidelined.

Meanwhile Fulham centre-back Dan Burn believes the draw with United can provide a springboard for Fulham as they attempt to climb out of the bottom three.

"It's going to be really tough on Wednesday night. Liverpool are flying at the moment and that victory against Arsenal on Saturday was immense for them. But the point at Old Trafford felt like a win to us.

"I thought we showed great character to come back and getting a point felt like a win."

For Lewis Holtby, Fulham's relegation battle also presents an opportunity for the midfielder to demonstrate he is good enough to play in the Premier League after being allowed to leave Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the transfer window.

Holtby has already made an impact at his new club, setting up Steve Sidwell for the Cottagers' opening goal at Old Trafford.

"First of all, I'm just thinking about Fulham and I just want to stay up. I want to have a really good 13 games that are left this season and I want to show what I can do," said Holtby.

Wednesday's fixture has been called into doubt by threatened industrial action on the London Underground which Fulham said left them concerned about whether its safetry staff could get to their Craven Cottage ground in west London in time.

Fulham said they would announce at 3pm GMT (7pm UAE time) Tuesday whether or not the match would be postponed.

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/sport/liverpool/the-momentum-is-building-and-building-says-rodgers-ahead-of-liverpool-v-fulham-bout?#ixzz2t0FhbXS1
Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook

WhiteJC

Lou Macari: No substitute for experience down at the bottom of the Premier League

THE three teams at the bottom of the Premier League – West Brom, Cardiff and Fulham – all intrigue me.

We know the table can change dramatically between now and the end of the season, but if those three do go down there might be a pattern for people to take notice of.

For all three not only decided to change their manager (or head coach if you prefer) during the current campaign, but they then went and gambled on replacements who are untried and untested in this country.

West Brom opted for experience with Spaniard Pepe Mel, who has worked for more than half a dozen clubs in his home country, but has no experience in the UK

So he simply can't know what it takes from teams and players to survive in this league, and reading it in a book doesn't count.

Cardiff went for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, a man who does know football in this country, but whose experience as a manager is limited to Norway.

Now no disrespect to the Norwegians and their football, but no-one will be holding their breath waiting for one of their teams to reach the latter stages of the Champions' League any day soon.

And finally we have Fulham calling on Rene Meulensteen, again somebody with experience in the UK as a respected coach at Manchester United, but whose experience of the top job was limited to five minutes in Russia recently with Anzhi.

Sunderland also went for a foreign boss when they got rid of Paolo Di Canio, but Gus Poyet had cut his managerial teeth with Brighton in the cut-and-thrust of the Championship.

And we all knew what Crystal Palace were getting when they opted to replace Ian Holloway with Tony Pulis.

Then you look at the other clubs down there and you find wise old heads like Sam Allardyce at West Ham and Steve Bruce at Hull City.

Norwich's Chris Hughton and Aston Villa's Paul Lambert have built up decent CVs over the years too, and obviously Mark Hughes had seen it all before at various clubs before arriving at Stoke.

Too many clubs, you suspect, are having their heads turned by prospective managers blinding them with plenty of bull during interviews.

A lot of it will involve their brilliant coaching methods and how it will transform the team they want to take over.

I recall going for a job some years ago now and couldn't believe my eyes when I left the interview room and saw the next candidate waiting to go in.

He had two suitcases – containing a projector, I later discovered – and two agents with him as well.

Not that it did him any good because I got offered the job, but ended up turning it down.

I'm not saying an old-fashioned manager with bags of experience guarantees you Premier League safety, but it surely gives you a much better chance than going with someone who has no previous knowledge of the competition his team are playing in.

If you are going to go down the inexperienced route, or go for an experienced manager with no experience in this country, like Pepe Mel at West Brom, then you really are taking a gamble by doing it in the middle of the season and in the thick of a relegation battle.

I've got a feeling at least two of the current bottom three of Fulham, Cardiff and West Brom will go this year.

Then let's see whether others come to the same conclusion as me because it will surely be staring everyone in the face by then.

Swansea, who visit Stoke tomorrow, appear to have gone slightly the other way, and it will be intriguing to see how that works out.

For they have replaced Michael Laudrup, at least for the time being, by going in-house and promoting someone with plenty of experience in this country.

Garry Monk is the man in question and he might just be flying far more than just his own flag over the next few weeks.

If he makes a success of Swansea by guiding them out of trouble, then he not only feathers his own nest, but puts the spotlight on young potential managers in this country.

Obviously he lacks the experience of an Allardyce or Pulis, but he should know the game inside out, and doesn't strike me as the sort to rip everything up by believing he is some wonderful coaching guru.

Man-management, organisation and discipline are far more important skills at this stage of a relegation struggle, and he might just have the tools to be a success.

He certainly knows his club from top to bottom having played for them in every division from League Two to the top flight since arriving in South Wales in 2004, and that's a huge advantage.

I think it's fair to assume the Stoke fans will have a special greeting for Chico Flores every time he touches the ball for Swansea tomorrow.

Well hard cheese because I'm afraid he's earned his reputation for squealing and diving the way he did to help get Andy Carroll sent off last week. Flores, not Carroll, should be the man serving a three-match ban.

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Lou-Macari-substitute-experience/story-20600785-detail/story.html#ixzz2t0G7IuVc

WhiteJC

Liverpool owner hits out at Fulham over possible postponement as Arsenal, West Ham and Leyton Orient set for games on

Liverpool owner John Henry has appeared to have hit out at Fulham as Wednesday's meeting at Craven Cottage may be postponed because of a tube strike.

The Whites are concerned that staff will be unable to get to Craven Cottage if the strike over proposed changes to London Underground ticket offices goes ahead.

In a cutting tweet, Henry said: "Arsenal, West Ham and Leyton Orient all ready for the strike but not Fulham?"

Arsenal are set to face Manchester United on Wednesday with the club advising fans to walk from mainline stations – Highbury and Islington, Drayton Park and Finsbury Park are all within walking distance of the Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners postponed last season's Boxing Day fixture against West Ham due to strike action but mainline services were also not running on that day.

West Ham and Leyton Orient host Norwich and Leyton Orient respectively on Tuesday with the strike starting around the time of the final whistle - the Whites played last Tuesday for that reason.

A Fulham statement read: "The club has concerns over the potential impact that the strike may have on the ability of its safety staff to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers to ensure that it is able to open the ground and effectively operate it, from the time that the gates are open to the public until the departure of all supporters.

"If the proposed action is still undetermined at 15:00 GMT on Tuesday, and the club cannot guarantee enough staff are available to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers, then the club would not be able to comply with the terms of its safety certificate and the fixture would be postponed and rescheduled for a future date."

Craven Cottage is, arguably, the hardest ground in London to get to with Putney Bridge the closest Undergound station, although Hammersmith is a 20 minute walk away.

The closest mainline station is Putney, while Imperial Wharf on the London Overground is a long walk.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/liverpool_owner_hits_out_at_fulham_over_possible_postponement_as_arsenal_west_ham_and_leyton_orient_set_for_games_on_1_3315018

WhiteJC

Toffees fight Fulham for full-back

Swansea City defender Neil Taylor (Action Images)

Everton and Fulham will renew their interest in Swansea City defender Neil Taylor this summer, Football Direct News understands.

Toffees boss Roberto Martinez is not sure when utility man Bryan Oviedo will be fit for first-team duties again following his horror injury in the 4-0 FA Cup fourth round win at Stevenage last month.

Costa Rica star Oviedo will miss out on the opportunity to face England in this summer's World Cup and has been ruled out for the whole campaign, having suffered a double leg fracture.

It is hoped that he will be able to participate in pre-season training this summer but the nature of the injury means there is no guarantee.

Fulham must secure their Premier League status before following up their initial interest in Taylor.

He has fallen down the pecking order at the Liberty Stadium after coming back from a long-term ankle injury but hopes to get a run of matches under his belt under new boss Garry Monk.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/everton-fc-transfer-news/40166-toffees-fight-fulham-for-full-back.php#.UvnqNP0dObA

WhiteJC

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Fulham v Liverpool (20:00 GMT)

What really impressed me about Liverpool's display against Arsenal at the weekend was not that they scored five when they could have scored eight, but the way the pressed the Gunners and kept pressing them when they had built a commanding lead.

It reminded me of vintage Liverpool performances at Anfield, where we suffocated the opposition.

If Reds boss Brendan Rodgers can get that happening on a regular basis, then that will be massive for them.

Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen has to decide how to approach this game after getting a very good draw at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The Cottagers are at home but I don't think Meulensteen will go gung-ho - two points from those two games would be a very decent return, and he will know what will happen if he gives Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling any space. The home fans will understand that too.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1
Geraint's prediction: Fulham are bottom but picked up a great point at Old Trafford. Even so, the way Liverpool played against Arsenal, I can see them going to Craven Cottage and getting the win. 0-2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26117493

WhiteJC

Lineker's prediction over Manchester United v Fulham comes back to bite him

ormer England striker and BBC Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker made something of an assumption this weekend...

The 53-year-old Match of the Day presenter outlined his belief that Premier League champions Manchester United would beat basement team Fulham on Sunday.

Gary Lineker        ✔ @GaryLineker
Follow
Cannot see any other result than a Manchester United win.
4:30 PM - 9 Feb 2014

The hosts were undone in the 90th minute by an equaliser from the Cottagers' Darren Bent but, as manager David Moyes stated in the aftermath of the disappointing result at Old Trafford, the performance was 'diabolical'.

Lineker clearly hadn't seen that coming, despite Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen's insistence before the game that his prior knowledge of the Red Devils and their players from his time spent as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant would be of benefit to his team.

In fairness to Linker, Fulham didn't look like favourites for the clash after taking just two wins in their last 10 games, losing four of their last five and managing to score just one goal in that same period.

But, as they say, never assume and, the way this season has been going, I think it's safe to assume no one can predict the outcome of any game in the league, least of all the pundits.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/11/linekers-prediction-over-manchester-united-v-fulham-comes-back-t/?

WhiteJC

Match Preview: Fulham v. Liverpool, 02.12.14

Clive Rose
Team news, ways to watch, and a full preview as Liverpool travel to West London to face Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Unless it's the last one of the season there's always another match to follow, and after the opening twenty minutes at Anfield on Saturday, I think this is a terrible idea. Rightly praised as one of the most impressive starts to a match in Premier League history, it was a spell I watched at least three or four times over the rest of the weekend just to see if I would ever stop gasping and chuckling and feeling my jaw drop involuntarily. I didn't.

But move on we must, to the type of match that produces a different type of nerves than Arsenal's visit to Merseyside. This is the quintissential don't f**k this thing up okay match, which will more or less follow every "big" match until season's end. The win this weekend was magical, but its meaning would lose a hell of a lot of significance if there's any points dropped tomorrow.

Assuming tomorrow actually happens, as there's some doubt about whether or not the match will take place. Fulham have concerns that the London Underground strike will have an impact on the ability of their grounds staff to actually get to Craven Cottage, which would then compromise their compliance with health and safety regulations. Understandable if this was a last-minute thing, or if other clubs were having similar worries, but neither of those points is true--the strike has been in the works since January 10th, and no other matches in the top flight have been postponed. In the linked release above, Fulham confirm that they will make a decision one way or the other by 3:00pm GMT/10:00am EST today.

As far as the actual football goes, Fulham have proven that they can put up enough fight to make the aforementioned nerves justified; aside from Liverpool's, theirs was the result of the weekend in the Premier League, earning a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford with an equalizer in the 93rd minute on a Darren Bent header. It's been a tumultuous season to this point, resulting in the dismissal of Martin Jol and rumors that his successor, René Meulensteen, might be out the door shortly as well. They've shipped the most goals in the top flight this season and sit four points from safety on the bottom of the table, with only one league win since the start of the new year.

Meulensteen picked a strange squad on Sunday, leaving a handful of regulars either out of the squad or on the bench. Bent (not exactly a regular), Brede Hangeland, Scott Parker, and Damien Duff were in eighteen, with Muamer Tankovic making his debut up front, Johnny Heitinga and Dan Burn starting in central defense, and William Kvist coming into the midfield alongside Steve Sidwell. Ryan Tunnicliffe and John Arne Riise started as fullbacks with Maarten Stekelenburg in goal, and Kieran Richardson and Lewis Holtby providing support going forward--which didn't really happen after they took the lead in the first half--for Tankovic.

For Liverpool:

Mignolet
Flanagan Skrtel Toure Cissokho
Gerrard
Coutinho Henderson
Sterling Suarez Sturridge

There weren't any updates in Brendan Rodgers' press conference yesterday, leaving us to assume that the same update from the weekend applies despite Jordan Henderson suffering a fractured wrist against Arsenal. Mamadou Sakho, Glen Johnson, and Daniel Agger could be making returns shortly, while the timeline is indefinite for Jose Enrique and Lucas.

And depending on a surprise return for one of the defensive trio mentioned above, I'd guess the same lineup from the weekend applies as well. The fullback pairing of Jon Flanagan and Aly Cissokho were very good, with the latter putting together his best performance in a Liverpool shirt, and Martin Skrtel continued his fine form and Kolo Toure stabilized after a shaky display at the Hawthorns.

How the midfield and front three line up might change slightly; Joe Allen could be used in place of Philippe Coutinho or Henderson, especially if the latter's broken wrist is enough to keep him out, but I think Rodgers opts to use the Brazilian as the most advanced in a midfield three of Steven Gerrard--once again playing deepest--and Henderson, who should be fine with a cast. Allen's had little influence in his substitute appearances in the last two, and I think a start in the FA Cup tie at Arsenal this weekend is far more likely than displacing Coutinho or Henderson after Saturday's performance.

Differences will probably be seen across the front, with a number of combinations between Raheem Sterling, Luis Suarez, and Daniel Sturridge possible. Sterling won't line up centrally, but Sturridge and Suarez have both spent time wide--against Everton we saw Sturridge on Liverpool's left with the Uruguayan central, and in the win over Arsenal it was Suarez on the right with Sturridge central and Sterling left. Whatever it is, let's hope they combine to similar effect as those displays rather than the relatively flat output at West Brom.

Kickoff is set for 8:00PM GMT/3:00PM EST, with Premier League Extra Time/NBC Sports Live Extra airing the match live in the US. Our coverage will start with the overnight open thread tonight and carry into the matchday post early tomorrow, which will have team sheets an hour before kickoff. Hope you'll be around to join us--if you haven't already, sign up for an SBNation profile and stick around.

http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/2014/2/11/5399112/fulham-vs-liverpool-live-streams-ways-to-watch-preview-team-news?

WhiteJC

Liverpool Face Difficult Game at Confidence-High Fulham Feels Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers believes his side's Premier League fixture against Fulham tomorrow will be a difficult game.

Fulham, who are currently rock-bottom in the league table with just 20 points from 25 outings, drew 2-2 against Manchester United at the weekend.

And Rodgers feels that Rene Meulensteen's side will be full of confidence after holding the champions at Old Trafford.

However, the Northern Irishman, who feels the Cottagers have a good squad, is hopeful about Liverpool coming out with the full three points, despite it being an away game at Craven Cottage.

"You saw with Fulham at Old Trafford that they have some very good players. They showed great resilience in the game", Rodgers told his club's official site.

"I know some of the players there. They are brilliant professionals. Steve Sidwell I've worked with, then there's Scott Parker and Damien Duff. They are all outstanding players with good experience.

"Rene is looking to introduce one or two young players too. We understand it will be a difficult game, because there are no easy games.

"Every match is critical for us, whether it's against the top team or the bottom team. Away from home in the Barclays Premier League it's difficult, but we have a belief and a confidence in our play and hopefully we can take that into Wednesday's game and get another three points.

"Fulham will have gained confidence from the United game. I thought they defended very, very well and scored a very good goal. When you get a result like that, then of course, it gives you confidence."

Liverpool too will be high on confidence as they dismantled Arsenal 5-1 at Anfield on Saturday to consolidate fourth place with 50 points from 25 games.

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/02/11/liverpool-face-difficult-game-at-confidence-high-fulham-feels-brendan-rodgers/126740/#B4kKzCLZ8QQIY3Sh.99

WhiteJC

Power8 Becomes A Partner

Leading gaming technology provider Power8 becomes an official Club Partner of Fulham Football Club. The relationship includes significant presence of the Power8 branding on LED perimeter advertising, ultimately reaching TV and online audiences in 212 worldwide markets.

Fulham FC is the oldest professional club in London with a long history of tradition since 1879 and has been firmly established in the Barclays Premier League for over a decade. Power8 is proud of its partnership with Fulham, which plays an important part in the company's global brand marketing and strategic expansion plans.

The Premier League is the most popular football league in the world in terms of global audience.  Sport betting provides the backbone to the business of many of the leading operators Power8 works with and it is also one of the most vibrant and profitable of the online gaming market segments.  Power8's sponsorship with Fulham not only provides valuable brand visibility for the company, but also supports its international clients in the sports and football gaming sector.

Power8 is delighted to build its relationship as official club partner with Fulham in the current football season and beyond.
Fulham FC CEO, Alistair Mackintosh, said: "We are delighted to welcome Power 8 on board and look forward to helping the brand grow its awareness and successfully reach its objectives."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/10/power8-becomes-a-partner?

WhiteJC

Fulham's turning point

When looking at the starting line-up at Old Trafford on Sunday many of us would have been forgiven for expecting an inexperienced side lacking in attacking options to have struggled against an albeit out of sorts Man United.

However, come the final whistle, and despite a game that saw the home team dominate, we battled hard for a well-earned point and could even have taken all three on another day.

The omissions of Brede Hangeland and Scott Parker certainly raised eyebrows but for all the well-publicised statistics highlighting United's dominance, including the 82 crosses attempted, little was made of the performance of Fulham's young centre back Dan Burn and his contribution that saw the vast majority of those 82 crosses dealt with in a way that did not emphasise his inexperience having only made seven first-team appearances to date.

Johnny Heitinga, making his debut alongside Burn, looked composed on the ball and showed a level of distribution that has been evading Hangeland for a while now. Heitinga would have surely expected to be competing with Dan Burn to play alongside Brede but with the need for consistency and a solid performance from both, it may in fact be our current club captain who is set to spend more time on the bench.

Burn was by no means the only exceptional performer on Sunday with Steve Sidwell turning in a captain's performance that included both his seventh goal of the season and a huge hand in the late equaliser. Maarten Stekelenburg excelled between the sticks with his best performance since the opening day of the season at Sunderland and Kieran Richardson looked a lot more comfortable in a midfield role than he ever has as a left-back. William Kvist in the middle did nothing remarkable but worked tirelessly putting his body on the line while the promising Muamer Tankovic led the line with Lewis Holtby in the first half, not getting too many touches of the ball but showing the work rate and closing down that we have lacked since the days of Zoltan Gera and Bobby Zamora.

Ultimately we remained short of attacking prowess but should we be able to couple the resolute defending with the counter-attacking football seen yesterday, as well as the added bonus of Kostas Mitroglou up top, then there is a chance we can dig ourselves out of this hole yet! What was evident on Sunday is the work rate and desire to battle for everything, starting from the front and continuing through the team like we did under Roy Hodgson – a task made all the more easy when not having to accommodate Dimitar Berbatov, Adel Taarabt and Bryan Ruiz.

When reading the team sheet I couldn't help but feel this was Rene Meulensteen's way of preparing for next season and blooding the youngsters in a big game. Following the final whistle I remain confident that while we are still looking to the future, there is a chance that will continue to be Premier League football next season.

#COYW

http://www.shoot.co.uk/fulhams-turning-point/

WhiteJC

Fulham's chances of playing Liverpool boosted by TSSA strike decision

Fulham's Premier League game against Liverpool at Craven Cottage on Wednesday stands a better chance of going ahead after one of the unions involved in the London Underground dispute called off its proposed strike.

The Cottagers are concerned over the potential impact a strike would have on the ability of its safety staff to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers to comply with the terms of its safety certificate.

Club officials held talks with the Local Authority and the Metropolitan Police and are set to make a final decision on Tuesday afternoon on whether or not the game will go ahead.

However, the TSSA has now confirmed it has suspended its 48-hour strike after reaching a last-minute deal at ACAS with London Underground.

The RMT union is also involved in the dispute over ticket office closures and its members are still due to take industrial action, although talks are continuing with ACAS.

An ACAS spokesman said: "Talks have adjourned at ACAS this morning. London Underground will be writing to the trade unions with some proposals to end this dispute.

"We are hopeful of a positive response so that the proposed industrial action will be withdrawn."

Arsenal have confirmed they expect their match with Manchester United on Wednesday to go ahead as planned but have offered travel advice on their official website, encouraging fans to use rail services and walk to and from the Emirates.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9161225?

WhiteJC

Fortress Craven Cottage!

As we contemplate a second titanic fixture, this time against Liverpool, Ray Wilkins has called for the return of the fortress that Craven Cottage used to be.

Teams used to fear coming to our humble abode but, this season, that fear has gone with Fulham only winning 3 out of their 12 home games.

If relegation is to be avoided then Wilkins is right when he remarks, to the media,

"We have some big, big games coming up, especially at home."

"But Craven Cottage was a ground a lot of big teams did not like to come to and we`ve got to turn it back to that."

Indeed we do, especially with our next four home games being against Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton.

We need to take points from those games otherwise that trap door will, inevitably, swing open and drag us through and down into the Championship!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=349293#ixzz2t1byhU00

WhiteJC

Liverpool Game On

Fulham Football Club can confirm, that due to the resolution of the proposed London Underground strike action, its game versus Liverpool on Wednesday night will go ahead as planned.

A limited number of tickets are still available to buy for the game, with all Season Ticket Holders and Members with six or more Loyalty Points having access. Find out more and buy online here.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/11/liverpool-game-on?