watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luke Young Anyone?

Started by White Noise, May 24, 2010, 09:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Luke-Young-set-for-Aston-Villa-exit-after-blasting-boss-Martin-O-Neill-s-team-selection-article436011.html

Luke Young set for Villa exit after blasting boss O'Neill

Published 23:00 23/05/10

By James Nursey

Luke Young looks set to hasten his Aston Villa exit after blasting boss Martin O'Neill's team selection.

Defender Young has been unhappy at Villa Park since leaving the club's pre-season tour to Spain early last summer.

Mirrorsport revealed Young, 30, was unsettled at being played out of position at left-back last term before losing his right-back berth this season to Carlos Cuellar.

Ex-Spurs and Charlton star Young, signed from Middlesbrough for £5million in August 2008, now wants to return to London.

And West Ham and Fulham are poised to battle for his signature after Young finally went public with his unhappiness.

He said: "I've been fighting for my position but it never seems as if it's been a fair fight.

"I don't know what more I've got to do to get into the team.

"It just seems that however hard I work in training or however well I do in games that I don't get judged by the same standards as some players.

"I feel fitter than I've ever felt, I'm in the shape of my life, and I think my form has been good whenever I have played.

"Other than the Chelsea game, when the whole team had a nightmare including me, I think I can hold my head up high about all of my performances.

"I've been working with reserve coach Kevin MacDonald, which has been great for me, and I'm always as professional as possible when I train.

"I've also always got on really well with the fans and that's another reason why I'll be sad if I have to leave."

Mr Fulham

Great defender, please!! :clap_hands:

Lighthouse

Pants is our right back, do we need such high performance cover? Certainly a good player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 24, 2010, 01:07:05 PM
Pants is our right back, do we need such high performance cover? Certainly a good player.

He's also capable of playing left back if required. Or even centre half if Hangers, Hughes or Baird are injured.

Mr Fulham

Ok...Young will join West Ham after the appointment of Avram Grant. He has already agreed terms with Sullivan. They are also closing in on Nicky Shorey and a young Isreali.

Tom

I would take Luke Young any day.
Fulham for life!