watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (23/05/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 23, 2010, 08:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6167385,00.html?
Kamara picturing PSG move
On-loan striker wants asking price lowered

Diomansy Kamara may be set to reject a permanent transfer to Celtic in favour of a move to boyhood club Paris St Germain.

The Senegalese striker, who moved to Parkhead on a six-month loan from Fulham in January, is wanted by the Hoops, however, they are struggling to afford the £2.5million buyout clause in his contract.

Bordeaux and PSG are rumoured to be waiting in the wings and willing to pay the Cottagers' asking price for the 29-year-old, although he is set to talk to Fulham about lowering their asking price.

Despite being born in the French capital, Kamara has never played in the French top division, moving away from his Parisian roots at Red Star 93 to Italy and England.

"PSG would be a dream for me. When you start football you always have dreams," said Kamara.

"One of mine was to play for Senegal and I have done that for almost ten years now, another would be PSG.

"It's close to my heart and to go from being in the stands to the pitch, with my family watching, would be a nice feeling.

"I'm 29 and I haven't yet played in Ligue 1 so it would nice to experience that."

Too much

Kamara was quick to pay tribute to both Celtic and Fulham, stating that he has enjoyed his time playing in Scotland, as well as stressing his good relations with Fulham boss Roy Hodgson and the board.

"I have just spent six months at Celtic, a huge club. Everything went well; I played a dozen games and scored four goals," he said.

"But I am still under contract at Fulham and I am going to take my time to decide where I go next.

"I still have good relations with the club but they are asking for three or four million Euros to sell me and for a player with one year left on his contract it's too high."

WhiteJC

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/sport/8173534.Heartbreak_for_superb_Simon/?
Heartbreak for superb Simon

Solva's Simon Davies scored in the Europa League final in Hamburg, Germany, last week in front of almost 50,000 football fans.

The Fulham man of the match and midfielder executed a fantastic 36th minute equaliser.

He sweetly struck a right-footed volley into the bottom corner against stunned Atletico Madrid at the Nordbank arena, ensuring last Wednesday's final went into extra time.

However, less than five minutes before the end of extra time and penalties Diego Forlan's second goal on the night ended Fulham's dream of European glory.

Davies told the Western Telegraph: "It was a great occasion and a fantastic atmosphere to be a part of."

He admitted it was difficult to be proud of his goal after such an agonising defeat.

"One day it will be good to look back and think how great it was to score in the final of a European competition but at the moment it is not enough to counter the overwhelming sense of disappointment," he added.

The 30-year-old Premier-ship star ended the season with a fantastic run also scoring in his teams historic win over Hamburg at Craven Cottage in the semi-final. After enjoying such a memorable run to reach the final Davies and his team-mates had to settle with runners-up medals on the night.

WhiteJC

http://www.celtic-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/kamara_says_he_is_not_worth_25m_528293/index.shtml
Kamara says he is not worth £2.5m

Diomansy Kamara may not be at Celtic Park much longer unless some wheeling and dealing can be done

The price to make Diomansy Kamara a permanent member of the Celtic squad may be too high and they could lose out to Paris St Germain. The Senegalese striker, who moved to Parkhead on a six-month loan from Fulham in January, is still wanted by the Hoops but they are struggling to find the £2.5million which would meet the buyout clause in his contract. Two French clubs in Bordeaux and PSG are said to be willing to find the money, although the 29 year-old is hoping to persuade Fulham lower their asking price. Although he was born in Paris, Kamara has never played in the French top division, moving away from his Parisian roots at Red Star 93 to Italy and England.

Kamara said: "PSG would be a dream for me. When you start football you always have dreams. One of mine was to play for Senegal and I have done that for almost ten years now, another would be PSG. It's close to my heart and to go from being in the stands to the pitch, with my family watching, would be a nice feeling. I'm 29 and I haven't yet played in Ligue 1 so it would nice to experience that."

Kamara was quick to pay tribute to both Celtic and Fulham, stating that he has enjoyed his time playing in Scotland, as well as stressing his good relations with Fulham boss Roy Hodgson and the board. He said: "I have just spent six months at Celtic, a huge club. Everything went well; I played a dozen games and scored four goals. But I am still under contract at Fulham and I am going to take my time to decide where I go next. I still have good relations with the club but they are asking for three or four million Euros to sell me and for a player with one year left on his contract it's too high."

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/?p=7178
Heading to Blackpool
by LYDIA on MAY 22, 2010

I've just watched the best play-off final I have ever seen. Blackpool v Cradiff definatly beats the past few years and now we welcome Blackpool to the Premier League. They have a very open style of football. They scored 70 or so goals this season but managed to concede 50. They will be an interesting prospect to the league and I look forward to watching Fulham playing them

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1280485/Australia-goalkeeper-Mark-Schwarzer-ruled-World-Cup-warm-up.html?ITO=1490
Mark Schwarzer will miss Australia's World Cup warm-up against New Zealand with injury

Fulham's Europa League finalist Mark Schwarzer is out of Australia's friendly against New Zealand in Melbourne on Monday because of a thumb strain but is expected to return in time for the World Cup.

Australia are the rank outsiders against Germany, Serbia and Ghana in Group D but ex-West Ham and Blackburn defender Lucas Neill believes they are stronger than 2006 when they reached the knockout stages before losing to Italy.

'We've learned a lot at club and international level in the time since Germany,' he said.

Hands down: Mark Schwarzer will miss Australia's warm-up match against New Zealand due to injury

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1280485/Australia-goalkeeper-Mark-Schwarzer-ruled-World-Cup-warm-up.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0ojcxyHz3

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/kamara-prefers-france-celtic-stay-858151?
Kamara prefers France to Celtic stay

Diomansy Kamara could be set to reject a permanent transfer to Celtic in favour of a move to Paris St Germain.

The Senegalese striker, who moved to Parkhead on a six-month loan from Fulham in January, is wanted by the Hoops, however, they are struggling to afford the £2.5million buyout clause in his contract.

Despite being born in the French capital, the 29 year old has never played in the French top division, moving away from his Parisian roots at Red Star 93 to Italy and England.

"PSG would be a dream for me. When you start football you always have dreams," said Kamara.

"One of mine was to play for Senegal and I have done that for almost ten years now, another would be PSG.

"It's close to my heart and to go from being in the stands to the pitch, with my family watching, would be a nice feeling.

"I'm 29 and I haven't yet played in Ligue 1 so it would nice to experience that."

Kamara was quick to pay tribute to both Celtic and Fulham, stating that he has enjoyed his time playing in Scotland, as well as stressing his good relations with Fulham boss Roy Hodgson and the board.

"I have just spent six months at Celtic, a huge club. Everything went well; I played a dozen games and scored four goals," he said.

"But I am still under contract at Fulham and I am going to take my time to decide where I go next.

"I still have good relations with the club but they are asking for three or four million Euros to sell me and for a player with one year left on his contract it's too high."

WhiteJC

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/136530/Jimmy-Bullard-deal-stalled-without-agent-/
JIMMY BULLARD DEAL STALLED WITHOUT AGENT

HULL'S chances of dumping record signing Jimmy Bullard on another club have become even harder – after it emerged the England midfielder doesn't even have an agent.

The cash-strapped Tigers are desperate to get Bullard off the club's crippling wage bill.

Head of football operations Adam Pearson is battling to control debts of £36m and is looking for a club to take Bullard, 31, on loan.

Celtic are keen to sign him on a 12-month deal, while Newcastle and Bolton have also shown interest.

But concerns over Bullard's fitness mean the Tigers fear they could be stuck with the £5m flop in the Championship next season.

Pearson is having to work alone to negotiate an exit for Bullard (left), who has dropped his representative Andy Evans.
And Bullard insists he will not be forced out of the KC Stadium unless he can join a club where he is guaranteed first-team football.

A source close to Bullard said: "Jimmy is happy at Hull and has never asked to leave.

"If you asked me if he'll be there next season, I'd have to say no.

"But he will not go to any club just because Hull have managed to get them to take over his contract. He only wants to go to a side where he can play regular football and forget about all the talk surrounding his wages."

WhiteJC

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/822522/ELM-EXTENDS-STAY-WITH-FULHAM.html
ELM EXTENDS STAY WITH FULHAM

SWEDISH striker DAVID Elm has signed a new two-year deal to keep him at Fulham until June 2012.

Elm, 27, has made just four starts and scored once goal since his £500,000 move from Kalmar FF last summer, but boss Roy Hodgson has decided to extend his Craven Cottage stay.

Elm said: "This year has been an opportunity for me to get use to English football and the tempo. Now I want to compete more seriously for a place in the first team next season, that's my aim.

"It will be tough. We've got a lot of great players but you have to try."